~* Princess M's 5th (Early?!) Birthday Surprise 1st Trip: Pre-Trip Report! April 29-May 4 2016 *~

Paigevon

Starchild~☆
~* Welcome! *~

April 29th - May 4th at the Ft Wilderness Cabins!

8fd8567b-fb0f-4369-8254-5b260ae636bf_zpsrygc7iyq.jpg

Meet my family! FDR State Park: Family Vacation - August 2016 ... Well, our backs and bottoms!

Hi, my name is Paige! My husband and I have been together since high school, and we have a beautiful little girl, Princess M, who will be turning 5 very soon. I am a 25 year old University student majoring in Nutrition and Dietetics while working part-time as a group exercise instructor and health coach. My favorite Disney princess is Belle, closely followed by Pocahontas and Rapunzel! Tink is cute, too.

My husband has not been to Disney World since he was a child and barely remembers it, and I have only been to Magic Kingdom and Epcot once as a pre-teen helping to corral little cousins. Our daughter has never been! The past two years my mother-in-law and I have been planning to bring her as a surprise for her 5th birthday, and the time finally came to get everything started!

Fortunately, we are Florida residents and get a nice discount and can easily drive to Orlando; unfortunately, ticket and Spring room discounts are blocked out on her actual day of birth. To compromise, we are going a little over a week before (edit: just kidding, a month early!) and saving a couple hundred dollars. That said, we priced our the difference to upgrade to annual passes and have decided to take the plunge and upgrade when we arrive!

And now, we invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair, as I proudly present...

lumiere.gif

Princess M's Surprise Birthday Pre-Trip Report!

We have booked a cabin at Fort Wilderness from Friday, April 29th through Wednesday, May 4th!

My MIL, FIL, and SIL will be joining us from Friday - Monday and we'll have the cabin to ourselves for Tuesday and Thursday.

We've paid for the regular Disney Dining Plan for convenience and inclusiveness, and we may save just a smidgen as well.

~* Enter: The Birthday Princess *~

M is a spunky and creative 4-year old girl. She was born on June 15th and has made my life completely magical. <3 I hope to add some more magic to her life on this trip!

She almost exclusively wants to wear dresses and tutus, even when riding her bike or trying to climb trees. She draws every day and enjoys helping her grandmother plant, tend, and "decorate" a fairy garden. She is in VPK and loves to tell me that she is a big kid and is going to "big kid school" very soon! She practiced saying veterinarian with me for days so that she could tell people that is what she wants to be when she grows up. We have a family dog named Zeust, but she has tried to convince us that we need more: we have to get a talking parrot. She went camping for the first time at 3 months old and we typically go a few times a year, mostly tent camping but occasionally we borrow DH's parent's pop-up camper, and last summer we rented a cabin for a week. Needless to say, she loves nature and I think Fort Wilderness will be great for our family!

She is a little bit mischievous, curious, adventurous, yet can be shy, slow-to-warm-up and unsure of herself. She notices and remembers things you wouldn't expect, asks tough questions (ranging from "What did I look like before I was born?" to "Why did Elsa create such a mean ice monster and let him go after her sister?"), and definitely can be stubborn. She is affectionate, kind, and playful, yet already has a sarcastic sense of humor! She loves surprises, isn't afraid to call people out, but she gets nervous if she fees like she has an audience.

Her favorite princesses are (usually) Elsa, Anna, Cinderella, and Merida although she frequently tacks on any of the many other princesses whenever asked. Her favorite colors are purple, pink, blue, green, orange, red, yellow... (order periodically changes) ... until she runs out of colors to say. As you may see, she can be difficult to chose things for, since her preferences are so fluid. Her favorite foods are currently spaghetti and parfaits.

Finally, she has never been to Disney World and knows almost nothing about it... so I am absolutely giddy for our upcoming vacation to celebrate her birthday!

Last edited:
Friday, April 29:

Arrival Day!

Departure: 11 am
Travel time: 4 hours (including breaks)
Arrival: 3:00 pm
Check-in: 3:00 pm

Plans:

Swimming! (maybe.. trying to leave earlier so more time)

Check out the stables, pony ride

Dinner ADR @ Whispering Canyon Café 5:05 PM

Chip 'n Dale Campfire Sing-a-long 7:00 PM

Tinkerbell Gifts:

*pictures soon!*

Lightly sprinkled with gold glitter... :tink:

In car seat when we pick up from school:
Tinkerbell cup, princess coloring book, crayons, stickers, Frozen lanyard, container for pressed penny, Frozen pins

Upon arrival:
Little mermaid swim bag with suit, flipflops, sunglasses, towel, cover-up

2aecf176-f80e-4528-b028-3e8d30bf480c_zpsensieg8f.jpg

92d535d3-f79c-4bdf-9441-de14255aa53b_zpsizegvoid.jpg

Evening:
Dale pin (in honor of campfire)

Last edited:
Saturday, April 30:

Magic Kingdom PARK DAY ONE!

Park hours (currently): 9 am - 12 am

Intended FastPass+ Reservations:

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 10:55
Splash Mountain 12:05
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 1:05

Dining Plans:
Breakfast) 8:05 am Be Our Guest (6)
Lunch) approx 2pm Pecos Bills
Dinner) approx ?pm in cabin

Snacks to try:
~*~

Touring Plan:
8:05 am BOG ADR
Fantasyland --> Frontierland --> Adventureland --> Liberty Street Square for Festival of Fantasy parade
Break in cabin --> Tomorrowland --> Fantasyland

Hoping to 4th FP Pooh, Cinderella/Rapunzel or Ariel M&G; Depending on Princess M's sleepy/crankiness level, we made try to hit up BTMR, PP, 7DMT in the late evening

Tinkerbell Gifts:

Morning:
Minnie Mouse dress, ears, pin, pen, signature book; Birthday Sash

Evening:
Rapunzel nightgown, book, Rapunzel doll set

Last edited:
Sunday, May 1:

Epcot

Visiting hours (currently): 11:00 - ?

Dining Plans:
Breakfast) Cabin
Lunch) Akershus 12:10 pm (self, DD, MIL, SIL)
Dinner) Biergarten 6:40 pm (6)

Snacks to try:
~*~

Touring plan:

Tinkerbell Gifts:

Morning:
Dress, Pearl Cage Necklace, Invitation to Akershus

Evening:
Mickey & Friends plushies

20160401_144535_zpscycuwsla.jpg

Considering giving 1 plushie a day throughout the week instead but haven't decided yet!

Last edited:
Monday, May 2:

Animal Kingdom!

Park hours (currently): 8:00 am - 6:00 pm

Intended FastPass+ Reservations:
1:25 Expedition Everest
2:25 DINOSAUR
5:00 Kilimanjaro Safaris

Dining Plans:
Breakfast)
Lunch) Flame Tree BBQ approx 12 pm
Dinner) 6:30 Tusker House dinner

Snacks to try:
~*~

Touring plan:

Tinkerbell Gifts:

Morning:
Invitation to Tusker House, Donald pin, Baloo pin

Evening:
?

Last edited:
Tuesday, May 3:

Hollywood Studios!

Park hours (currently): 9:00 am - 8:30 pm

FastPass+ Reservations:
12:20 Toy Story Midway Mania!
5:05 Frozen Sing-Along
6:10 Tower of Terror

Dining Plans:
Breakfast) 10:20 ADR 1900 Park Fare Supercalifragilistic Breakfast
Early dinner) 3:50 ADR Mama Melrose Fantasmic package

Snacks to try:
~*~

Touring plan:

9:00 pm Fantasmic!

Tinkerbell Gifts:

Morning:
Cheshire cat pin, 1900 Park Fare breakfast invitation

Evening:
Sven, Frozen book

Last edited:
Wednesday, May4:

Magic Kingdom!

Park hours (currently): 9:00 am - 12:00 pm

Tinkerbell Gifts:

Morning:
?

FastPass+ Reservations:
9:20 Peter Pan's Flight
10:45 Seven Dwarf Mine Train
2:50 Meet Anna & Elsa

Dining Plans:
Breakfast) TBD
Lunch) 1:15 ADR Be Our Guest lunch
Dinner) Columbia Harbor House approx 7:30 pm

Snacks to try:
~*~

Touring plan

Harmony Barbershop 12:00 pm ~ First Haircut!
Dance Party
Be Our Guest Lunch
Meet Anna and Elsa FP+

*italicized priorities*

3-4 hour drive home

:(

... but only 26 days until we return! princess:

Last edited:
Found you!!! :tongue:

Loving the plans so far. Looks like you have a lot of plan. I love the idea of the tinkerbell gifts. I might have to steal that.:rolleyes1

Found you!!! :tongue:

Loving the plans so far. Looks like you have a lot of plan. I love the idea of the tinkerbell gifts. I might have to steal that.:rolleyes1

Welcome!! Just added everything today!

All the gifts were purchased with gift cards and using specials and discounts, YAY! I'm adding little things I pick up from the dollar store, Target etc over the next couple of months too. So excited!

Added a 1-night stay at AS Music to the end of our trip! :) (Really want AS Movies, but wasn't available for the Florida Residents Spring room discount.)

Removed the day.

Last edited:
We're probably dropping our Sanaa date night, eating Y&Y with the family and staying in AK. Awaiting the ADR package to open! Rumored for Wednesday!

Scratch off all these plans, we've changed dates! April 29 instead of May 30 arrival!

Mostly updated after a 30 day push forward that left me at 60 days out and 0 time to coordinate FP+ choices and available ADR! I snatched up an Anna and Elsa M&G for our last day, went back to modify time and it was the only one! And during the Festival of Fantasy parade, SO I had to rearrange our first day to make it so we could watch it then. Goodness! Thought I would be out of luck for a CRT breakfast, but continuously checked for any day of our trip and got one for the very last day! Had to take an Akershus lunch instead of dinner.

Honestly I feel quite proud of myself for getting everything scheduled at 58-60 days out! I sincerely thought there would be none of my choice ADR's!

Booked 1 night at All Star Movies on May 31st! I decided to cancel BBB for this trip, and may cancel 8:30 am ADR for CRT and rope-drop instead.

I have an 8 am and 9:45 CRT breakfast booked for a trip in August instead. (hopefully BB from this trip!)

For 8/12 trip, 8 am EMHs were added to MK... changed BBB to 11:30 to take advantage of morning ride time, CRT lunch at ... (forgot), BOG dinner at 4:30!

Still trying for TH dinner on 5/2 unless it's not DDP eligible, then maybe FTBBQ depending on cost with a TH breakfast! Otherwise, hope to snag a FP+ for ROL and night safari!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter