Princess Costumes in park

cfrith

Mouseketeer
Is there a huge price range of the princess dresses that are sold in the parks? What is the price range (for those who have looked recently)? Also, is the quality and the way they look alot better than the ones at say the Disney store? My dd's have about $120 each to spend at the parks, but I'd hate for them to have to blow it all on a dress. If they just wanted the dress it would be one thing, but I'm guessing they'll get in there and want shoes and accessories too! I want them to be able to get other nice things too....

They are the same as the ones in the Disney stores at Halloween time.

Not sure what size your girls are, but I saw a set of princess costumes on the online Disney store (disneyshopping.com) on sale last week... Might be worth a look.

Hi there!
Almost all of the princess dresses at the parks and at Downtown Disney are $55. There are a few that cost more, but most of them are $55. We bought my dd the yellow, Belle dress. I think the sizes start at like a 2/3 and go up to about 10/12. They seem like they are pretty good quality.

There are accessories that you can buy such as shoes, crowns, wands. I believe they were all under $20 each, although we just bought dd the dress and then just bought a little crown with a comb attached for about $2 or $3 (It wasn't the Belle one, but she didn't care :goodvibes ). hth

jemilah said:
They are the same as the ones in the Disney stores at Halloween time.

I don't think they are the same dresses that are sold at the DISNEY STORE in the malls or disneyshopping online. The quality of the ones from DLR or WDW are much better than those sold through the disneystore. I ordered a Belle and Ariel costume after halloween from disneyshopping last year, bargin prices. The costumes were very stiff and scratchy and while the ariel costume fit, the belle costume which was the same size did not fit at all. My DD complained that the costume is scratchy and does not want to wear them very long.

When looking at and trying on the ones at the resorts, the Material is just so much better and they look much better. DD never complained of them being uncomfortable. Unfortunately I had a hard time paying $60 for a something that she would grow out of so quickly.

If you have someone that sews (i.e. grandma) there are some awesome patterns available. I was amazed last Halloween at the variety and quality of the patterns available nowadays. If you are going to spend that much money on a dress, I'd rather spend it on a "keepsake" dress than a store bought one. I have one daughter on the large tummy side and they didn't sell peasant Belle dresses so I made one using the Alice dress pattern and modifying it. It worked out really great!

My DD5 has a Disneystore version of the Sleeping Beauty dress but she can't wear it for very long because the fabric is so uncomfortable. Then last month we got her one from http://www.littledressupshop.com/ and now she won't take it off. We were very happy with the quality and prices of the "Disney Replicas". We'll probably get her a few more for Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter