Primeval Whirl

heh, most people on the boards HATE this ride, but I have to admit I love prime evil whirl also, and will miss it this trip

I like to think of it as an angry ride ROFL, its just so bumpy and makes your head whip ROFL...

I was originally afraid to get on it, simply because it was a "coaster", though it's more like a Wild Mouse, which isn't a lot like a coaster to me. I'm glad I was convinced to get on it because I got a kick out of it.

There was one thing that irritated me about it, though. There were a lot of groups of two that got a car to themselves and everytime we'd try to get on, they kept sticking us with another group of two. That REALLY irritated me the first time because I didn't know what to expect from it and I didn't want to freak out around strangers.

Which are you speaking of? Expedition is not that tall, only 112 feet. It only looks tall because of the huge mountain. The highest drop is only 80 feet.

RnR is actually 80 feet tall, but you think it's smaller because it's dark and inside

That is intersting.. I was wondering about RnR thanks:goodvibes

I wish I could work up the nerve to ride RnR. I'm not really worried about the loop or crokscrews so much as I am the sudden speed burst from the launch at the start. I don't think I'd enjoy that kind of thing because of the feeling I get in my stomach. The only other coaster I've ridden that had a speed launch was the Mummy, but that was to a much, much lesser degree.

I wish I could work up the nerve to ride RnR. I'm not really worried about the loop or crokscrews so much as I am the sudden speed burst from the launch at the start. I don't think I'd enjoy that kind of thing because of the feeling I get in my stomach. The only other coaster I've ridden that had a speed launch was the Mummy, but that was to a much, much lesser degree.

Ah, suck it up and go on it pirate:

We all enjoy Primeval Whirl, even our flats enjoy it! We also love Everest, but I'm the only one who doesn't like RnR. Once was enough for me. :rotfl:

Trust me you'll get on one big coaster and suddenly want to get on them all.

Haha. My dad & I are really the only "big" rollercoaster fans in our family. Mom [AmberDaze] went on RnR, she felt sick the rest of the day. Never wanted to ride again. Even though she rides Everest, Primeval Whirl, Space Mountain, and such. She hates going upsidedown....;D
Although I was terrified of ToT a couple of years ago. The last time we went to MGM [Hollywood Studios...blah] I had the courage to try riding. I LOVED it. Haha. xD
---
Alright, back on topic with Primeval Whirl...:rolleyes:

CUTEBUNNEH.gif

I honestly hate crokscrews but I didnt even realize we went upside down on RNR. Also the speed at the beginning looks faster than it feels (at least it did for me) Its very exilertating (sp?)

Not Everest, like most people might think. I'm a roller coaster chicken, though I'm determined to ride Everest this time around. Actually, my favorite ride at Animal Kingdom is Dinosaur.

I nearly hypervenilated on everest. (I hate rollar coasters) but at the end I ended up loving it. I forced myself to get on and it was definatly worth it

I honestly hate crokscrews but I didnt even realize we went upside down on RNR. Also the speed at the beginning looks faster than it feels (at least it did for me) Its very exilertating (sp?)

I nearly hypervenilated on everest. (I hate rollar coasters) but at the end I ended up loving it. I forced myself to get on and it was definatly worth it

Yes, the speed is an illusion

You are in the dark, and there is the sound of squeaking wheels

That's weird. You hyperventilated on it, but you want to go on it again :rotfl:

Okay, just READING this stuff is making me nervous.

In Everest, it's pitch black and you can't lift a finger because the G-forces of the downwards spiral crush you into your seat. The headrests are extremely uncomfortable because they're made of plastic instead of leather and the lapbar is cold and makes you feel unsafe. The ride itself is air conditioned like CRAZY to make you feel like you're surrounded by ice and both of the Yeti rooms smell like animal poop. The brakes at the end are erratic and jerky, and you bang your head on the headrest several times because you do not know the correct time to brace yourself. The cars do not provide any space to put your belongings in and the seatbelts are tattered at best. Smoke pours out of the caboose of the train constantly and makes it smell bad. If you go at night, some of the rooms in the mountain (mainly, the one where you meet the Yeti) are illuminated by blinding strobe lights and they make the rest of the ride a disorienting mess. The wheels and the roars of the Yeti are so LOUD that they cover the screams of the riders. The wooden track feels about as stable as a house of cards. The ride is a jarring experience and the height requirement should be raised drastically because it could be detrimental to the sight, hearing, and body of developing children.

(Just kidding.)

In Everest, it's pitch black and you can't lift a finger because the G-forces of the downwards spiral crush you into your seat. The headrests are extremely uncomfortable because they're made of plastic instead of leather and the lapbar is cold and makes you feel unsafe. The ride itself is air conditioned like CRAZY to make you feel like you're surrounded by ice and both of the Yeti rooms smell like animal poop. The brakes at the end are erratic and jerky, and you bang your head on the headrest several times because you do not know the correct time to brace yourself. The cars do not provide any space to put your belongings in and the seatbelts are tattered at best. Smoke pours out of the caboose of the train constantly and makes it smell bad. If you go at night, some of the rooms in the mountain (mainly, the one where you meet the Yeti) are illuminated by blinding strobe lights and they make the rest of the ride a disorienting mess. The wheels and the roars of the Yeti are so LOUD that they cover the screams of the riders. The wooden track feels about as stable as a house of cards. The ride is a jarring experience and the height requirement should be raised drastically because it could be detrimental to the sight, hearing, and body of developing children.

(Just kidding.)

Brat, take the opposite of everything here and it's 99.9% true ;)

(Just kidding.)

Thank goodness for that last part or I was about to really not like you!

:p

I love roller coasters and the bigger the better!:) However, I wound up not liking Primeival Whirl mainly because of the arthritis in my hip. I think I must waited too late to come to this ride!;):rotfl: They put the kids together in one side and me by myself on the other (NO WAY Dh was riding this one, he doesn't do twirly stuff;)), and without any extra 'padding' to hold me still I shifted around too much.
I loved the concept, but this was probably the only coaster I've never liked.;)

Of course...now if they gave me huge box cushions on either side of me I might change my mind.;):rotfl:

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter