• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline Express Deals

Just pulled it up...down to $360 and there is a $30 off $200 promo, so could feasibly do 2 ressies for 2 nights and save additional $60. What a deal! Anyways, here is a screen shot for the amenities.

I saw this last night too (different dates, but $368 for GF) and yacht club for like $260. I was so tempted to book either!! POFQ was there (or what is supposedly POFQ) but for $210 :laughing: and CSR for $160. Still too far out for the dates I need, methinks. However, I did a spot check for like a week from now and was seeing CSR for $98.

I'm interested in their price drop pattern; if I could book YC for $188 (saw a guy do this on another site :O) I totally would.

I saw this last night too (different dates, but $368 for GF) and yacht club for like $260. I was so tempted to book either!! POFQ was there (or what is supposedly POFQ) but for $210 :laughing: and CSR for $160. Still too far out for the dates I need, methinks. However, I did a spot check for like a week from now and was seeing CSR for $98.

I'm interested in their price drop pattern; if I could book YC for $188 (saw a guy do this on another site :O) I totally would.
I got YC for 178 2 days ago

If the hotel offers free parking (like Disney resorts) will it always show up as an amenity? I found this one and it doesn't say free parking but it only shows GF as a similar property. GF does have the parking symbol, so could it be GF or am I just dreaming?

Attachments

• IMG_6416.PNG
    IMG_6416.PNG
    214.8 KB · Views: 48

Sometimes it tells on the page where you choose the bed type, right underneath the menu tabs. It will have a thumbnail of a hotel room and say something like "Book soon! The last person got the Disney's Port Orleans Resort French Quarter"

If you go to Hotwire and do a search for LBV, then on the results page filter the Amenities for "Airport Shuttle" and then choose ONLY the "Disney World - Bonnet Creek" area on the map, then they should all be WDW hotels. Right now for tomorrow night, there is a moderate for $97 ($119 after fees). If you need the murphy bed at POR or CBR, the option is sometimes there but it is about $20-$25 more than the regular moderates after taxes. I also saw Deluxe for $179 ($220 after tax) and it said the last person who booked this got Disney's Yacht Club Resort.

From my experience on Hotwire, Values are 3*, Mods are 3.5* and Deluxe is 4* to 4.5*
What's LBV?

If the hotel offers free parking (like Disney resorts) will it always show up as an amenity? I found this one and it doesn't say free parking but it only shows GF as a similar property. GF does have the parking symbol, so could it be GF or am I just dreaming?
I don't know, I haven't used Priceline Express. It's not as transparent as Hotwire, but you can check the regular Priceline site and compare it to GF and see if guest rating and everything else looks the same. Use Better Bidding helper too. Good Luck!

I can see most likely the YC and GF for my dates for 9/3 to 9/7 but the rates are just slightly better than my passholder discount. It's a little too scary to try it unless it's a significant savings. Love this thread by the way.

I can see most likely the YC and GF for my dates for 9/3 to 9/7 but the rates are just slightly better than my passholder discount. It's a little too scary to try it unless it's a significant savings. Love this thread by the way.
I agree. Unless the savings are substantial it's not worth it.

Also try Hotwire. I just booked YC for next weekend for 200 a night that includes taxes and fees. They have a coupon right now over $200 get $30 off. I am glad since we are Silver Pass holders and they lifted the blackout. I guess it worked that they are selling rooms and getting more there. SaveBigHotel Is the code. Also, looking around over next 2 months I can tell they also have GF for 360 a night. All these rates blow away my FR and AP rates. I wonder if there is lack of availability from Disney directly cause they sold off all these rooms.

Also try Hotwire. I just booked YC for next weekend for 200 a night that includes taxes and fees. They have a coupon right now over $200 get $30 off. I am glad since we are Silver Pass holders and they lifted the blackout. I guess it worked that they are selling rooms and getting more there. SaveBigHotel Is the code. Also, looking around over next 2 months I can tell they also have GF for 360 a night. All these rates blow away my FR and AP rates. I wonder if there is lack of availability from Disney directly cause they sold off all these rooms.
I think people are just booking the rooms up way in advance & then trying to apply discounts. That used to be a good strategy, but now EVERYONE does it & it doesn't seem to be working well this year. My upcoming trips are in October & December and I see nothing (or nothing reasonable) on Hotwire right now, but like you said, if you go like one week ahead they're available. So my guess is that Disney puts them up last minute, but not far in advance. Or people just snapped up the ones in the winter. I'm hoping it's the former and I can get Yacht Club for my trips!! Also I've tried Priceline and it looks like there might be stuff available for my dates, but I just can't figure out which ones are the Disney hotels enough to book them. :/

I think people are just booking the rooms up way in advance & then trying to apply discounts. That used to be a good strategy, but now EVERYONE does it & it doesn't seem to be working well this year. My upcoming trips are in October & December and I see nothing (or nothing reasonable) on Hotwire right now, but like you said, if you go like one week ahead they're available. So my guess is that Disney puts them up last minute, but not far in advance. Or people just snapped up the ones in the winter. I'm hoping it's the former and I can get Yacht Club for my trips!! Also I've tried Priceline and it looks like there might be stuff available for my dates, but I just can't figure out which ones are the Disney hotels enough to book them. :/
The only reason I knew it would be YC for sure is because the page said "The last person booked YC." Now on Hotwire I selected Bonnet Creek area, and you can tell it will likely be a Disney property with description of free parking, free wifi, airport shuttle and also no resort fee.

Okay friends, I have become a bit of a Hotwire/Priceline junkie. :laughing: And not just for Disney! Who knew it was such fun to match up somewhat vague hotel descriptions?

Last night I booked on HW, got CSR for an upcoming Friday at $98(+tax). I'm excited to request (and hopefully get) a refurbed room! :bitelip: It'll be my first stay there. Currently waiting on the hotel conf number to not return an error in MDE; I booked around 1 AM PDT :rolleyes1

I have one more night to book about one week later. I'm holding out for POFQ or Yacht Club, but have a backup hotel res just in case. In the past I've simply been disinterested in HW/PE, but with some planning, they're truly awesome tools. Thanks to everyone in this thread, I am now up to speed on years old technology :teeth:

Also I've tried Priceline and it looks like there might be stuff available for my dates, but I just can't figure out which ones are the Disney hotels enough to book them. :/

A DIS poster on another thread mentioned an Apple Store app, ExpDeals, that reveals the identity of properties shown on PE. I don't think it's been mentioned here yet. It looks like the info is good, though there are a few holes. One that I suspected to be the Waldorf Astoria couldn't be identified. Still, I think the app could be useful for anyone who needs some assurance (while keeping in mind opaque bookings are never guaranteed). And then there's that bb site with forum where they have moderators helping with HW/PE property guesses, too.

Okay friends, I have become a bit of a Hotwire/Priceline junkie. :laughing: And not just for Disney! Who knew it was such fun to match up somewhat vague hotel descriptions?

Last night I booked on HW, got CSR for an upcoming Friday at $98(+tax). I'm excited to request (and hopefully get) a refurbed room! :bitelip: It'll be my first stay there. Currently waiting on the hotel conf number to not return an error in MDE; I booked around 1 AM PDT :rolleyes1

I have one more night to book about one week later. I'm holding out for POFQ or Yacht Club, but have a backup hotel res just in case. In the past I've simply been disinterested in HW/PE, but with some planning, they're truly awesome tools. Thanks to everyone in this thread, I am now up to speed on years old technology :teeth:

A DIS poster on another thread mentioned an Apple Store app, ExpDeals, that reveals the identity of properties shown on PE. I don't think it's been mentioned here yet. It looks like the info is good, though there are a few holes. One that I suspected to be the Waldorf Astoria couldn't be identified. Still, I think the app could be useful for anyone who needs some assurance (while keeping in mind opaque bookings are never guaranteed). And then there's that bb site with forum where they have moderators helping with HW/PE property guesses, too.

I just downloaded the app and tried to use it. It just spins & spins. :( Maybe it is down or something. We travel a lot for our son's sports, so something like this would come in handy for me!

I just downloaded the app and tried to use it. It just spins & spins. :( Maybe it is down or something. We travel a lot for our son's sports, so something like this would come in handy for me!
Boo! You might try the HotelTonight app while you're traveling, though I'm not convinced they necessarily have "good" discounts (or the same inventory as Hotwire/Priceline). All of the bookings are transparent, though, and one can only book up to a week in advance.

Just tried hotwire for 9/20 to 9/21 and POP came up for $266! no thank you lol Coronado on the other hand was only $126. I think i am going to wait a couple of more days and see.

When Hotwire says "last person got....." is that pretty certain that's what you'll get? I really want to take a deal, but it's absolutely necessary that I get an onsite resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter