Premium Annual Pass

mickg7dyd

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Just ordered 2 PAP's using my DVC discount. Paid using my Nationwide CC and got the 2 for £457.66 ($840.72) That's one DVC discount that's really useful.

Mick.

:smooth:

Mick

How do you order them in advance? I thought you had to be in WDW to get them with a discount.

Many thanks and enjoy using them.

Susan

Hi Susan,
I rang member services and they then send vouchers which you exchange for passes on arrival at Disney. There was a $10 delivery charge but I wanted to take advantage of the decent exchange rate at the moment so decided to go with that rather than wait until our planned trip in November.

Mick.

:smooth:

We did the same ordered, 2 adults and 1 child it came to £617. really surprised how quick they came as well, within a week.

Just need to order the DDE card, CM gave me the number to ring.

Just can not wait to return the WDW.

This is really good to know especially the DDE. Less hastle while we are away seems a really good idea. We are not going for another 13 months though and I would imagine DDE might be discontinued by then as it sounds so good!!! Even the DVC discount might be gone by then!!

Mick and Princess I hope you both have a great time when you go.

Susan

That is a great price for a PAP. We bought ours last December so unfortunately missed the DVC discount but we most assuredly got our money's worth with two 3 week trips out of it :)

I sincerely hope DVC members continue to get this excellent perk. Though I guess that the reasons for doing it are, I suspect not entirely altruistic, I still feel this is a perk that benefits both Disney as well as DVC members. It's a win - win situation :)

I agree, this is a great DVC perk. Especially since Annual passholders can now get the DDE. We used this on our wedding day in August and saved a LOT of money!

You can also buy annual passes online with the DVC discount. Go to the DVC members site and follow the links.

Andy

With these vouchers does the year start from the first day you activate them at WDW?

Susan

Are the Annual Passes worth it for a two week holiday to WDW?
How do they compare to the Disney ultimate tickets, which do include all the water parks, downtown disney etc.

Thanks in advance
Paul & Andrea :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Tatakai said:
Are the Annual Passes worth it for a two week holiday to WDW?
How do they compare to the Disney ultimate tickets, which do include all the water parks, downtown disney etc.

Thanks in advance
Paul & Andrea :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Hi Paul and Andrea,

You will get a better response if you post a new thread on the UK Trip Planning Board too (follow the link in my signature :) )

Are you DVC members too?

I thought they break even at about 8 days without the discount.

I have another question. Can the DDE be ordered without activating the annual pass. I assume if so the DDE comes as a voucher and was wondering where do both the annual pass and the DDE get activated.

As I am hosting two other families who will have bought their tickets earlier in advance I don't want them hanging about waiting for our family to get our annual passes etc.

Thanks for your help. I know I have ages but these things bug me when I am trying to sleep!!!!

Susan

You can order the DDE without activating your PAP. You will get a letter from DDE first and the actual card will be delivered later (just in case you want to use the DDE quickly. It can take upto 6 weeks for the plastic card to arrive). If I remember correctly, they ask for the numbers on the back of the PAP voucher so they can confirm you have a AP.

Andy

disney13 said:
You can order the DDE without activating your PAP. You will get a letter from DDE first and the actual card will be delivered later (just in case you want to use the DDE quickly. It can take upto 6 weeks for the plastic card to arrive). If I remember correctly, they ask for the numbers on the back of the PAP voucher so they can confirm you have a AP.

Andy
Yes, but the DDE card is activated from the day of purchase not the first day of use. We knew this and bought early in case they withdrew it - it was so cheap it didn't matter to us that we only had it for one trip. If it's still around, we'll probably get another for September.

Very true. I just assumed that someone wouldn't get a PAP voucher more than a year earlier than they needed!

Andy

I will know by the summer whether I will go back exactly a year later (which will mean I have to get annual passess again, but love going at October and have to stick with half term) so may order to PAP in the summer then order DDE so I will have all the vouchers to take with. That just remains where to activate both these voucers? Any theme park? or the ticket center?

Thanks

Susan

Hi Susan,

I activated my AP at Guest Services at the TTC & I think you can activate at any Guest Services outside the parks.

The DDE card was sent to my home address :) (The actual card not a voucher) but this was last August so I guess it may have changed?

HTH

karen

This all sounds very good. Thanks everyone for your help.

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter