Pregnancy struggle + planning WDW trip

I have never gone pregnant, but I absolutely agree with not putting your life on hold. It took us 11 years to conceive. (Even after we adopted, we still tried for a baby.) In the early years, I skipped a lot of things "just in case." Over time, I stopped letting that control my life and just rolled with it.

Right now, we are looking for available embryos to try for one more baby. If we find them, we will probably wait until after our Sept trip to transfer, but that is just personal preference. We are much less anxious and more "patient" at this point than we were before we had our little guy, so the delay doesn't concern me. However, if I was in the midst of treatments, I would just keep on going.

Good luck with everything!

I agree with everyone else-you can't put your life on hold, as hard as that is. Plan your trip if it's something that will bring you joy. Sending baby dust your way!

Don't put your life on hold...but also learn to be flexible!

I went right at 27 weeks with my 3rd. Initially the midwife said I couldn't go (out of state travel from Georgia to Florida) but my OB said I was fine since I had 2 previous deliveries on time and no problems in the pregnancy prior to the trip. But be aware that 27 weeks is about the time docs tell you to stop traveling. Certainly don't rent non-refundable DVC points or anything! We cancelled a trip when an unexpected pregnancy that would result in us travelling about 3 weeks postpartum.

When I did go at 27-28 weeks, I had a blast despite not riding all the rides. But that was mainly because 1. it was not my first trip- there were no rides missed that i hadn't already ridden before 2. so much of the enjoyment was watching my husband and 2 younger kids enjoy the experience. I can honestly say if i had no kids and just pregnant with my husband it would not have been as much "fun."

Fast forward a couple of years later and 27 weeks pregnant with #4 and NO WAY I could have done disney all day long. There was a big difference between 27 weeks at age 35 and 27 weeks at age 38. Just saying that its really hard to know exactly how you are going to feel that far in a pregnancy.

Best of luck to you...I am currently pregnant a 5th time via IVF carrying for my cousin and her husband who are unable to carry their own child. We only went through one cycle with meds, shots, etc. and it was a rough month cycling and then keeping up with the medications to sustain the pregnancy. My heart goes out to you in your struggles- while I haven't been on your end of it, I have seen 1st hand the emotional struggle infertility causes.

So I am going to get personal here for a moment. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for three years and no luck. I got surgery last summer that improved things slightly, but still no baby. I am still getting treatment and had been holding off planning a trip. We can afford it, I just was afraid to get pregnant and be at the parks. So I finally decided I really wanted a trip and saw a good deal for us in November and booked it.

I don't plan on stopping my fertility treatment but in the back of my head I wonder what if I get pregnant before now and then. Would it be so bad? Does anyone have experience being pregnant at WDW? I just would hate to miss out on all of the rides, particularly Splash Mountain since it was closed last time we were there.

From one who had an extremely hard time getting pregnant my last time, (six years) there was 'no way' I was taking 'any' chances - was super cautious, but it paid off. Would I have been ok otherwise? Probably! But, if not, I could never have forgiven myself - JMO.

Go. Go. Go. We tried for 3 years to get pregnant with our first child and I was afraid to plan trips very far out and I ended up taking a chance and going. Now I think about all the fun I would have missed out on sitting at home and "waiting" to get pregnant. That was a hard time for us and we needed those trips to revive our spirits. I wish you the best of luck on your journey to parenthood, and in the mean time, go enjoy what you love!

During my first pregnancy, I was invited to a very exclusive Disney wedding (grand Floridian and Epcot reception). I declined. Doh!!

Why?

I was 8 months pregnant and scared out of my mind of delivering early-- because of the label "advanced maternal age". I was 38.

Fast forward a few years. Age 41. I had a 3 yr old who was looking forward to our annual Disney trip, prebooked months ahead of time with our DVC points. I was 4 months pregnant. I went. And LOVED it!!

That little peanut that was in my belly at the time is now a healthy 2 yr old.

I still regret not going to this Disney wedding for my friend Paul. It was supposedly spectacular-- no expenses spared.

Live your life. And enjoy your life. I know your priority now is to conceive, but treat yourself to happy memories in the meantime!!

Last edited:
I'm local, but I went to Disney numerous times while pregnant. I was actually at Seaworld on my due date and Universial 2 weeks before (my daughter had no intention of leaving - I didn't give birth til ten days later). You can still ride a lot of things. Just don't go when it is hot out and you'll be fine.

I went during my 2nd trimester. Everyone has a different pregnancy experience but our trip was perfect.
I ate and ate and ate some more.
I also knew the location of every bathroom in Disney Word so I was handy to have around.
I did ride Big Thunder Mountain and regret not riding Splash.
We had made plans to go with my DHs family before we knew I was pregnant but we never once questioned if we should go or not.
You also get to make your own fun. While the rest of the family rode Space Mountains my MIL and I rode Dumbo.
Not exactly a thrill ride but its a happy memory 12 years later.
Huge plus - pool time in your maternity swimsuit letting that belly hang out.
So Yes! Keep on trying and book that Disney vacation.

As long as you take it slow and drink plenty of water, you will be fine! I went 6 months pregnant (also with my 3yr old) and was able to ride most of what she could. We are going in Nov and I am hoping I will be pregnant then too!

I recently came back from a trip, I was 20 weeks pregnant. Had no idea I will be pregnant when I planned the trip. I had a great time and didn't feel I missed out on much. I did have to take it easy. I had a toddler with me, so I think that made it harder. My feet will swell a little if I was walking around too much. I did several of the rides that had "pregnancy restrictions", and while the AK Safari was fine (don't get why has a pregnancy warning), I will not do 7DMT pregnant again. Shopping for baby was so much fun. So was eating many treats. Don't put your life on hold, if you really want to go just go. I wouldn't do it too close to the due date, but given you will be going in November that won't be the case. Good luck conceiving. If you love Disney, wouldn't it be nice to celebrate finally being pregnant in the most magical place on earth?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter