Pre-Trip report - Yorkshire stylee!

mamaboogie

DIS Veteran
Hi All!

Apologies - I am a first time TR person! Be gentle with me as this thing I type on - a 'computer' is not my best friend!

We are due to land at the CBR in WDW on August 12th. This is hoping that we don't have a 10 hour delay at Manchester Airport like we did in 2006!

That time we stayed in the Beach Club Villas with various in-laws. This time, there will be the four of us. Who are they?

Me!: Shari, Mum. Excitable but nervous traveller.
Hubby: Simon. Excitable. Not nervous. Just excitable. Disney veteran, been many times with family etc. Yet this trip provides him with a milestone. First time at Disney World - in a PROPER BED! Not a sleeper sofa, not a pull down bed, but a real one! He's a planning genius and I'm surrounded by various timetables as we speak.
Daughter: Kate (12) Roller coaster freak, makes up the daredevil side of the party with hubby.
Daughter: Sarah (14) Likes excitement but in smaller doses - like me!

Anyway, I'm excited to be staying at CBR - I'm looking forward to getting that Caribbean feeling!

Our ADRs are booked - more of that later. (Hmmmm...food!)

I know it's still a few weeks until we go but I just wanted to share my excitement with y'all.
:yay:

Sounds great - we've stayed at CBR twice and loved it!

Where have you booked your ADR's??

Looking forward to reading about your trip - not long now!!

Sounds great,looking forward to reading all about it:thumbsup2

Sounds fantastic ~ Looking forward to reading all about it.

Hi guys!

Just had to send a quick message!

Thanks for the replies - hopefully when I get back from WDW I will have figured out how to put photos on here! Any tips?

Just come back from walking the dog - yuk!

Having got SOAKED twice yesterday, today is very breezy and chilly! Call this summer? I found myself dreaming of that wall of humid heat that hits you when you touchdown in Florida.....I can just imagine bathing in that warmth....oh yes, then us brits saying 'Phew! This is FAR too warm!' and going off inside to hug the A/C!

Oh well, not long!:)

I'll post our ADRs later - honest!:rolleyes1

Looking forward to hearing about your ADRs..... :thumbsup2

Well, my day is not panning out as expected so I'll tell you more about the last trip we had to WDW.

As previously mentioned we stayed in the Beach Club Villas with Simon's parents, our girls and his eight year old niece.

The BCVs were lovely, although sleeping on a pull out sofa in the living room doesn't afford much privacy! We were fortunate enough to stay here thanks to the generosity of father in law.

We ate well but being in a villa we quite often snacked there. We did have some nice meals:

Liberty Tree Tavern: walked in and got a table almost straight away! Loved it - good meaty, roasty goodness!
Concourse Steakhouse: (RIP) Good food. Weird server. Bit busy.
House of Blues: Loved it! Was a bit rushed though.
Trails's End: Fantastic breakfast, hard to get to.
Whispering Canyon: Only half the party made it - not me!
Chef Mickeys: Good characters, better breakfast at Trail's End.
AND........California Grill: MY oh MY! BEST MEAL EVER!!!

Apart from CS that was it - bit lame eh? We're making up for it this time!

We had a great time - no major fallings out which is a great acheivement with a party of 7! As soon as we got back to dear old Blighty we got PDD(Post Disney Depression) and decided straight away that we wanted to go back. Just the four of us.

Anyhoo, we originally thought we would have to wait until 2009 - (paltry wages - remind just how we can afford to go to WDW?!?:eek: ) but some nifty rejigging from Simon and a free DDP and two free nights made the decision for us. CBR in August 2008 - here we come!:cool1:

Sound like it's going to be fun well done and enjoy every moment :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Sounds great - looking forward to hearing more!!! :goodvibes

Hello All!

Am trying to get some pics of our last trip sorted! Have uploaded some to photobucket but can't figure out how to get them on HERE!! Might have to wait till hubby gets home and reveals the mysteries of 'the computer' to me!

In the meantime, this trips ADRs:

Shutters: (for convenience on the first night.)
Liberty Tree Tavern: (without 'Hear ye!')
Tusker House:
Coral Reef: (eat with the fishes!)
Sci-fi Diner: (wondering if this is a bit anti-social but looks fun!)
California Grill: OH YES!!!
Ohana, breakfast: (we love Stitch!)
Whispering Canyon: (I WILL make it this time!)
Boma: (looking forward to having a nosey at AKL!)
Artist Point:
Le Cellier: (cheese soup! Is this a good thing?)
Narcosses:
House of Blues: (yummmmm!)

We are also having a couple of days out of Disney at Universal and Seaworld etc. My lovely hubby bought me a 'Dine with Shamu' meal! I love Shamu!

Thanks for reading!

Good list of ADRs there.

I personally love the cheese soup in Le Cellier

Tammy

Sounds like a fab trip :thumbsup2

re the pics... if you have them on photobucket then all you need to do is copy the url code beneath the pic and paste it onto you post :)

This should be a photo of the four of us at WDW in 2006.

2006_0828Image0109.jpg

And here's me! (Shari) What's that I'm clutching? Yep! A world famour Mickey choc/ice cream! Note: I'm soggy either because I've just come off Kali River Rapids or because there has been a downpour - I think it was both!

0832.jpg

Sounds great - we've stayed at CBR twice and loved it!

Where have you booked your ADR's??

Looking forward to reading about your trip - not long now!!

It's good to hear from people who love CBR!

I know! I can't believe we'll be back there so soon!

Sounds great,looking forward to reading all about it:thumbsup2

Cheers! If the computer doesn't do my head in first!

looking forward to hearing more about your plans. :cool1:

Sounds great, can't wait to hear more :thumbsup2

Sounds fantastic ~ Looking forward to reading all about it.

Looking forward to hearing about your ADRs..... :thumbsup2

Sound like it's going to be fun well done and enjoy every moment :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Oh I will!

Sounds great - looking forward to hearing more!!! :goodvibes

Good list of ADRs there.

I personally love the cheese soup in Le Cellier

Tammy

Hmmmm.....food lover like me? The cheese soup it is then!

Sounds like a fab trip :thumbsup2

re the pics... if you have them on photobucket then all you need to do is copy the url code beneath the pic and paste it onto you post :)

Please note my sad attempt to put photos in! I am trying and I will get it done (in less than two hours!) properly someday!

Anyone else going over in August? Any more staying at CBR? Or have just returned and want to tell me juicy details about the resort or anywhere I have ADRs for?

Hi from a fellow Yorkshire gal.

Great news on your trip. We are having to make do with DLRP this year but have just booked flights for WDW for August 2009.

Great ADR's. We love Le Cellier and have been on every trip. The cheese soup is nice - the bowl isn't huge but it is enough especially if you have indulged in the excellent breadsticks they put on the table. Also, never had a bad steak here. Coral Reef is fine - does get mixed reviews though. We have always enjoyed it but always find that we have to wait ages for a table past ADR time.

We ate at Sci-Fi last year, first time for quite a few years, and enjoyed it. The seating can be a bit cramped in the cars (and it is very dark) but that is the whole point of eating there. Food is reasonable, milkshakes are excellent and very filling.

We also ate at Narcoossees and Boma last year for the first time. Narcoossees was excellent. You can get the surf and turf (filet steak and lobster tail) on the DDP so well worth two credits. Also got to watch Wishes from the deck that runs around the restaurant. Also enjoyed Boma. Great selection of food, should have something to appeal to everyone. Also a great opportunity to try new things without worrying if you like them or not - just get a fresh plate if you don't.

I'm sure that you will have a great time - at least just being the 4 of you, you can do what you want, when you want.

Hey Shari

I'm staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort this August too. We're arriving on the 16th for 8 nights of free dining too

We're having a Dis-Meet in Epcot on the 18th if you're interested, if you'd like to read more about it, then check out this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1685361

I've added your pre-trip report to it too, as a few of us have made pre-trip reports, so you can find out where we will be while you are there

Your plans sound great, and if you can't make our Dis-Meet, I hope you have a fab holiday ::yes::

Anyone else going over in August? Any more staying at CBR? Or have just returned and want to tell me juicy details about the resort or anywhere I have ADRs for?

We're at CSR for 14 days from 15th Aug-so might bump into you at one of the parks-are you able to make the meet at Epcot on the 18th? ADRs look great, kids will love Sci Fi, mine do! Le Cellier & Boma are great too. I used free DDP to 'persuade' DH too. Hope you have a fab time:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter