Pre trip report - 5 weeks to go!

Alana1980

Mouseketeer
5 weeks to go! Here's the plan so far
Day 0 - (Saturday 22nd April) meet Mum in London, chill out in hotel room and show her how to use the Disneyland Paris app.
Day 1 - (Sunday 23rd April) Breakfast at hotel, head to St Pancras International, go through customs and catch Eurostar. We've got Disney Express, so once we get there we are heading straight to the new Avengers Campus. I want to try the rides and meet characters, Mum's not keen on thrill rides though. We're going to have a bite to eat at some point in Stark Factory. We might go round the rest of Walt Disney Studios park depending on time. Going to watch the Avengers: Power the Night drone show and then head to our hotel (Hotel New York the Art of Marvel)
Day 2 - (Monday 24th April) Breakfast in the hotel and then head to the main park (Parc Disneyland) for Extra Magic Hours. My goals are to ride the 2 rides that were closed last time we went (Peter Pan's Flight and Indiana Jones Adventure), ride my favourites again (Hyperspace Mountain and Star Tours) and there's a couple of other rides I'd like to do again if possible, and I want to meet lots of characters. I'm not taking an autograph book this time, partly because I can't find one that includes Marvel characters (and I don't know if they've been trained to do a character signature anyway) and partly so I can spend more time interacting with the characters. Sadly Café Agrabah is closed for renovation so instead we have a lunch reservation for Plaza Gardens. After lunch the plan is to do a couple of the small gentle rides in Fantasyland together, and then get a good spot for the parade. After the parade we'll see how we feel, at some point we'll grab something to eat from a quick service place. Hopefully we'll get to watch the main park drone / light / firework show, and then head back to the hotel.
Day 3 - (Tuesday 25th April) Breakfast at the hotel again. It will depend on what rides I've managed to do and how I feel as to which park I do, might even park hop. Today lunch will be a quick service place as we've got our evening meal booked at the hotel, after that the plan is to spend a couple of hours swimming in the hotel pool and then have a quick cocktail or two in the Skyline bar before bed.
Day 4 - (Wednesday 26th April) Going to take it easy and have a later start and get breakfast at Casey's Corner (I'm excited to try the vegetarian hot dog!) No specific plans, again it depends on how the previous days went. Might ride my favourites again or see more characters. I definitely want to go to Victoria's Homestyle Restaurant in the afternoon because the menu says they sell Mickey Shaped Waffles!!! (That's one thing I didn't find last time). 6pm local time is the Eurostar back to London and I'll be getting a train home from there.

I'm trying to have enough planning that I don't feel adrift, but enough wiggle room that I can adjust as necessary.

We tried Stark Factory for the first time last week. Great value for money, the pasta portion was huge.

Each character at Disney will be able to sign their name, unless they have hands that make them unable. I think Olaf and Buzz Light Year were unable in the past, not sure what they can do today.

If you are walking outside in Disneyland Park, look for green umbrellas. They are used for character meets. Who you could find where:
- Main Street, last week it was Winnie. But can also be Daisy or Donald. When Mickey & Minnie are greeting guests from the station in the morning, they are usually not on Main Street anymore.
- Stitch at the end of Main Street.
- Gepetto & Pinocchio opposite Small World
- Next to the Old Mill, can be anything. Could be Goofy & Pluto, could be a prince and princess, could be Winnie the Pooh.
- Opposite the Teacups, next to L'arbre enchanté you can often find Alice & Wonderland characters
- Near Casey Jr. there are often Winnie & friends, but today Cinderella & Prince.
- Rapunzel & Flynn sometimes hang out opposite the Pinocchio restaurant, near the bridge. But a while ago Gaston & Belle hung out there.
- The towers between Bella Notte and Castle stage can also be a spot to find a prince & princess. Rapunzel & Flynn, Aurora and Phillip recently.
- Phantom Mickey next to Phantom Manor (in the gazebo)
- Cowboy Goofy opposite Cowboy Cookout
- Cowgirl Minnie to the right of Cowboy Cookout.
- King Louie, Baloo, Rafiki, Chip & Dale, next to Colonel Hathi's restaurant.
- Opposite the Pirate Ship (on the other side of the water, when you look at Skull Rock) you can find Captain Hook and Peter Pan.
- Captain Jack Sparrow can roam around Pirates of the Caribbean.

DLP Report and ED92 Facebook pages are your friends to see which unscheduled meets are where.

@Karin1984 - thank you so much for your long reply! I didn’t know about the green umbrellas. I believe most character meetings are on the app, and it's only the occasional roaming characters who don't show up on the app?

@Karin1984 - thank you so much for your long reply! I didn’t know about the green umbrellas. I believe most character meetings are on the app, and it's only the occasional roaming characters who don't show up on the app?
following...... as idnk either about those green umbrellas -

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers Y'ALL:drinking1

3 weeks to go now!

20230401_195016.jpg
My new luggage tag arrived in the post

20230401_195217.jpg20230401_195229.jpg20230401_195240.jpg
Trying out my different pairs of sunglasses

20230420_185118.jpg
This is nearly everything that will be packed in my red corset backpack, the snacks are in my main luggage for now. 3 pairs of sunglasses, water bottle, 2 waterproof ponchos (looking at the weather forecast we will need them!), 2 battery banks, Disney lanyard for my Magic Pass, 2 lip balms with SPF

Got back super late last night, had an amazing time despite a couple of rainy days. Full report soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter