Pre-Check Renewal Process

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
What's the process like for renewing pre-check?

I got the email. It says "most members can renew entirely online."

It doesn't say why some people can't renew entirely online, or what the renewal process is for them.

I have flights a few weeks before it expires. I don't know if I should try to renew online now, or wait until after those flights.

There is no local office anywhere near where I live. When I applied, I had to schedule the in-person appointment for when I would be on vacation someplace that had an office. It was a pain in the neck to schedule. The system wouldn't let me schedule too far out. But if I waited until too close to when I wanted the appointment, there were no openings.

When I renewed online I got an acceptance the same day. When my DH did, it was a few weeks. I would not wait so close to the flight but would renew as soon as you are eligible to.

My wife and my best friend both renewed pre check in the last month or so. They filled out the renewal application, and within a few days they had a notification that their expiration date had moved 5 years into the future. If you had a conviction during the last five years, a name change or basically anything that materially impacts your application being different this time from last time, you will probably have to go in person. The renewal for them is the same as the initial process. Go into an office, give them fingerprints, pictures and let them copy the documents you bring in, then wait to hear.

When we did renewal online, it was pretty quick and the number was the same as the old number.
I wonder if you are only allowed to renew online once like a driver's license?

Like others, our renewal was super easy. Filled out the form online and had re-approvals and extended date within 24 hours. I would renew sooner rather than later. The new date will be 5 years from the original end date, so renewing early will not lose you days on your first one.

Thanks for asking this. I have not had to renew yet and wondered what renewal is like. Sounds easy for many of us anyway. Happy to hear that.

I just renewed my TSA pre-check online a couple of weeks ago. Very easy to do on their website. As I recall, the renewal notice was sent out several months prior to my expiration date. Your existing one will continue to work until the expiration date shown. I got my renewal approved within a few days.

I would try to renew online and see if it works before bothering to go somewhere in person. Perhaps if someone has a name change (i.e. married/divorced) then they might have to show other paperwork in person in order to renew.

What's the process like for renewing pre-check?

I got the email. It says "most members can renew entirely online."

It doesn't say why some people can't renew entirely online, or what the renewal process is for them.

I have flights a few weeks before it expires. I don't know if I should try to renew online now, or wait until after those flights.

There is no local office anywhere near where I live. When I applied, I had to schedule the in-person appointment for when I would be on vacation someplace that had an office. It was a pain in the neck to schedule. The system wouldn't let me schedule too far out. But if I waited until too close to when I wanted the appointment, there were no openings.
If you can't renew online you basically have to use the same process you used originally. You start the process on line but have do the in person interview again. I have not heard of anybody having to go in person for a renewal but it's probably there for the same reason that even if you have pre check you might need to do the dreaded supplemental screening. It's probably just random to some extent and used if you have had any legal issues since your first application.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter