Prayers for my mother

Sending more well wishes and prayers your way. :angel:

Any more news today?

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.... hopefully they can get her off the respirator and on to dialysis or whatever until she can have a transplant.....

Hugs!!!

Sad update....she has lost her battle and is now resting peacefully with God.

My dad and I both received a call from the hospital to come and see her tonight, we were able to visit her. She insisted she get the ventilator tube removed so she could talk to us. Although she could barely speak she was quite mad she couldn't go home to live her final minutes. Beyond that I was able to find out how she wanted her memorial...a party held in her honor...which I much prefer to a somber one.

My dad and i are doing ok, we both pretty much had to accept it last week and have been trying to sort out our finances and other things in preparation for this...we held out hope, as did she until the very end, but it was her time to go.

so resting in peace is my mother, Diane Lane, figure skating coach, mother, wife, and loved by many, many people.

OH Chris..... when I saw that you had posted, I thought it would a different kind of update. I am so very sorry to hear that she is gone, please accept my condolences....I am so glad that she was lucid and able to tell you and your Dad what she wanted.....in way of a memorial to her life and to just say whatever she needed to say and you two could do the same...

Please take care of each other and know that you can come here if you need to talk... we are here for you.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you had time together at the end. Please take comfort in your memories.

OH Chris..... when I saw that you had posted, I thought it would a different kind of update. I am so very sorry to hear that she is gone, please accept my condolences....I am so glad that she was lucid and able to tell you and your Dad what she wanted.....in way of a memorial to her life and to just say whatever she needed to say and you two could do the same...

Please take care of each other and know that you can come here if you need to talk... we are here for you.

We're doing ok...she accepted it and we accepted it. Now we just have to get organized and give her a proper sendoff...she wanted a celebration of her life and that's what we're going to do!

I am so, so sorry. My heart is breaking for you. My mother died just two months ago so it is still very painful and fresh for me to see stuff like this. You will remain in my prayers for strength and guidance.

Please take care.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I will pray for strength and understanding...as well as peace. God bless!

Thank you everyone for your kind words. We're handling this ok, it's more difficult trying to explain this to all of the relatives and her skating students...we're going to have a very large memorial and I'll be reunited with a lot of friends and relatives soon. I think that will definitely help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter