Prayer requests

Poor little thing! Sometimes it really takes a scary long time for the stem cells to take. Still praying that he has a great next Christmas, and that all this sickness and hurting will be behind him then!

My dad had talked to my aunt today. Noah's stem cells have started doing what they are supposed to do and he is perking up. His fever is down and he is moving around. He still hasn't eaten anything, but he has been drinking liquids. The doctor said today that his transplant appeared to take faster than any child he had ever done one on. And that is prayer. Thanks for your continued prayers!

that is wonderful news! we will still keep praying for him.
thanks for sharing the news with us.:thumbsup2

Great News for Noah!!

I will continue to keep him in my prayers. He has been through so much for such a little guy.:hug:

My dad is still having trouble with nausea but the dizziness is gone. They postponed his gamma knife treatment from today to March 5th - he has to be completely free of the nausea before they do it - but the shunt they put in was suposed to fix both the dizziness and the nausea - it is just taking a little longer than expected - he is doing better.

I had to take my mom to the emergency room saturday morning. She was having a lot of pain in her stomach. They ended up admitting her and running some tests. They were going to let her go home yesterday but her blood pressure wouldn't go down - at one point last night it was 201/99. They did some scans and found that she has a tumor on an adrenal gland. The doc said he doesn't think it is cancer so don't worry about it. They are going to keep running tests today and tomorrow for that and other things.

Please keep them both in your prayers.
Thanks,
Sandy

ill keep both of them in my prayers. hope things get better for you real soon.
:wizard: :grouphug:

My BIL Steve had a cerebral aneurysm rupture Saturday night. We are very much in the critical wait and wait and wait stage. His injury is such that they cannot yet repair the aneurysm and they are keeping him very sedated (read comatose) to let him heal.

There is no way at this time to assess what brain damage (if any) there may be.

He has been part of our family since I was five, I don't have any memories that he is not a part of. My mother died 25 years ago (I was 13) of the same thing, so that is very much on our minds as well.

I just can't imagine a world without him in it, he is truly a rock in times like these, and it is so hard to feel helpless, when he is the one we would want to turn to.

Thanks for all prayers offered on his behalf -

Julie

Julie
Hugs, prayers and pixie dust for your family. It isn't easy, I know having just gone through something similar with my dad.
You can pm me if you want to talk and compare notes/treatments/stages of events.
Sandy

Today things are looking a whole lot brighter. They took him off the vent today, he is breathing on his own. While he seems to know something is wrong, he is not communicating.

He will probably need surgery in the next 5-10 days to repair the aneurysm. It is puzzling the drs as the aneurysm itself seems to be fairly small, but caused a large bleed. They will do a CTA (CT with angiography - dye) on Monday to determine the best course of action.

Please keep Steve in your prayers, it's working!!!

Julie

Julie, Thanks for the update. Keeping him and your family in our prayers.

Hi all,

First, thanks for all the prayers and kind thoughts over the last several days.

Just got a call from the ICU, Steve's 2 sons and brothers were just in with him, he seemed alert and was tracking them with his eyes. While he is off the vent, they did put a new tube in his throat last night to help him breathe. He has a lot of secretions and obviously, difficult for him to clear them on his own. So he can't speak.

He has been running a fever, they have not found a definitive cause, but it is not that unusual I guess for that to happen. When the body reabsorbs the blood, it causes irritation to the outside of the vessels, that is how I understood the explanation anyway.

Tomorrow he will have a CT with angiography, that should determine if/when/where he will have surgery. We are an hour north of Boston, so great hospitals and docs available, but simply transferring him brings its own risks. The local docs can do most procedures, but if the best treatment is a platinum coil, the closest hospital that does that is Mass General.

thanks again, keep it up,

Julie

Steve actually spoke yesterday, he recognized his wife and another of my sisters. This is a huge milestone.

He still has a long way to go (surgery to clip the aneurysm) but this is so reassuring to us.

thanks again for all the prayers, please keep it up, I do think it is working.

Julie

Steve actually spoke yesterday, he recognized his wife and another of my sisters. This is a huge milestone.

He still has a long way to go (surgery to clip the aneurysm) but this is so reassuring to us.

thanks again for all the prayers, please keep it up, I do think it is working.

Julie

That his great news Julie!! I'm sure that just thrilled his wife and kids to no end and as well the rest of the family!

We will continue to keep him in our thoughts and prayers!!! :hug:

I was talking to my Creative Memories consultant and her DH has just found out that he has a least 1 tumor on his lung. He has to undergo many, many more tests before they know anything conclusive, but he isn't old, never smoked and in pretty good health. Super scary! Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he has some tests this week! :flower3: Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter