Postcard question - need help!

tkgdisney

Mouseketeer
I got a postcard in the mail today!! Problem - it has my brothers name on it. On a trip a few years ago, I made the reservations for my family, including his, all with my address.

I called and she used the card for my reservation and said it was ok since the address was mine. She told me to bring the card at check-in even after I gave her the pin #.

She used the code for the CR - Tower, which brought down my rate from the CZF code I had used earlier. I am down to $285.00 a night from 301.00! Every little bit helps!

Will AP rates be any lower? Or is this the best I will do for this trip? I think I have done pretty good so far, just wondering if I can expect to bring down my rates!?!?

Should I worry about the name problem since it has my address?

Others have suggested getting the name of the person you spoke to who confirmed that your ressie is o.k. with the postcard. I guess you could call back and confirm and get that person's name. This makes me wonder about married couples who don't share the same last name but perhaps the spouse who didn't get the card makes the ressie. Or even if they do share the same last name but the other spouse makes the ressie! I can imagine this can get complicated - seems like if it is your immediate family (or in your situation) they would allow you to use the postcard but the best solution is to confirm and make sure you know who you talked to.

As an aside, I got my first postcard today (with my name on it) and I called and used the code to lower my reservation rate but she never mentioned anything about bringing the postcard with me! I wouldn't have considered bringing it unless I'd read here that others were asked to do so.

Enjoy!

Carol G.

i'm having this same problem. i really want to switch from por to wl using my brother's postcard. i'm going to call and ask. however, now i just looked and the address on the card is slightly different. we get our mail delivered to a mail boxes etc type place. the address they have on the postcard is indeed the same address location wise, but it had to be changed for 911 purposes. do you think they would let me still use it? i guess it is another question i need to ask. i wonder if i could bring some kind of documentation saying it is the same address. i wish they would just come out w/ap rates so i wouldn't have to get all nuts about this.
-jessica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter