Post -Trip Report. Photos on page 9 and 10 - 4/29/2010-05/02/2010

zeitzeuge

DIS Veteran
Ok. Our trip is now only one week and one day away. Decided I would go ahead and start a Pre Trip report and switch it to a Post Trip Report afterwards.

So this trip is going to seem like it's a first time experience for us despite having been there one time separately. This is our first time together.

Steven arrives on Monday for a 3.5 day High End Tile show/convention. He works for a design showroom that sells tile only to designers and contractors. I arrive Thursday afternoon and we're staying at Pop Century. We'll probably relax (nap) some, then head over to Downtown Disney for dinner, walking around and some shopping. This is one place neither one of us have been to.

Since we're only going to be in the parks for 3 days, we're limited on time with so many things we want to try and cram into our time at the parks. When we go to DL, we show up with no plan, eat where we want, park hop back and forth and stay from opening until close. We don't ever go back to the hotel, maximizing our time at the parks.

Everything has been purchased, verified, double checked, printed out, confirmed and scrutinized. Elizabeth would be proud.

We even went to AMS outlet here in Dallas last Saturday (ran into the Elizabeth and family!) and spent way too much money, but bought a couple shirts, hats and hoodies each. We're going to be walking around with DL merchandise, but oh well. I'm sure we'll buy some WDW stuff too.

Here's what we have planned. Saturday is kind of a wildcard day and we're going to play it by ear. We'll start off at MK for most of the day (favorite park), then head to DHS or Epcot. Epcot isn't one of our favorite parks (I know, don't kill us), but we're going to feel it out on Friday night and see if it's something we want to do again on Saturday night, or check our DHS instead. DHS has many attractions that DL and DCA has already, so not sure if it's a good use of our time to visit this trip. Epcot will probably happen again on Saturday night.

FRIDAY, APRIL 30TH

Full day – 9am to 12am

ANIMAL KINGDOM 9AM-6PM

Options:
Camp Minnie/Mickey Greeting Trails – 10:05am
Flights of Wonder (Bird show) 10:30am, 11:30am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm)
Festival of the Lion King – 10am, 11am, 12am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm, 4:45pm
Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade – 3:45pm

EPCOT 6PM-12AM (EXTRA MAGIC HOURS AT WORLD SHOWCASE)
FUTURE WORLD CLOSES AT 7PM

Illuminations – 9pm

SATURDAY, MAY 1ST

Full day – 9am to 9pm/10pm depending

MAGIC KINGDOM 9AM-5PM

Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade – 12pm

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD 5PM-10PM
OR
EPCOT 5PM-9PM

SUNDAY, MAY 2ND

Full Day – 9am to 1am

MAGIC KINGDOM 9AM-10PM
10PM-1AM (EXTRA MAGIC HOURS)

Options:
Dream Along with Mickey (10:35am, 11:40am, 1:15pm, 2:15pm, 4:15pm, 5:15pm)
Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade – 3pm
SpectroMagic Parade – 9pm
Wishes Nighttime Spectacular – 10pm

Full day – 9am to 12am

ANIMAL KINGDOM 9AM-6PM

Options:
Camp Minnie/Mickey Greeting Trails – 10:05am
Flights of Wonder (Bird show) 10:30am, 11:30am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm)

I wouldn't bother with Camp Mickey/Minnie greeting trail or the Flights of Wonder show....But I would try to add the Nemo show.

But thats just me......:confused3

Yay! :yay:
I am quite pleased with the arrangements you have made. :) As far as wearing DL stuff at WDW, at least you know the difference between the parks. ;)
Those greeting trails at AK tend to move REALLY slow, but maybe if you are there on a low crowd day you can get through them in a reasonable amount of time.
I am afraid of birds, so we have never been to the show. DH wants to go, but I don't!
The Nemo show is amazing, but it is long - it will take the better part of an hour so plan accordingly.

I wouldn't bother with Camp Mickey/Minnie greeting trail or the Flights of Wonder show....But I would try to add the Nemo show.

But thats just me......:confused3

Since I've gotten over some of my fears of people in costumes and clowns, Steven and I take lots of pics with characters, so I'll see how he feels about that. I was wondering about the Flights of Wonder show. We have an incredible one at the Texas State Fair that is just amazing, so probably along the same lines.

What's the Nemo show? I didn't see it listed on events calendar. Is the Lion King worth seeing too?

The Lion King show is AWESOME.
And the Nemo show is spectacular, but it is long. It is a musical, with puppeteers acting out the storyline of the movie. We saw it during the Passholder preview a couple of years ago.

What's the Nemo show? I didn't see it listed on events calendar. Is the Lion King worth seeing too?

The Nemo Show is kind of like Avenue Q, but Nemo characters, very well done! But yes, it does take a big chunk of time, so plan accordingly. I think they implimented some sort of Fastpass for this show, but I'm not positive....maybe with a lunch package?

And yes, the Lion King is a must see......two words....."Tumble Monkeys" :thumbsup2

Oh and yes you will groan when the Lion King show starts, yes....those are the old floats from the Disneyland Lion King parade! LOL

Yay! :yay:
I am quite pleased with the arrangements you have made. :) As far as wearing DL stuff at WDW, at least you know the difference between the parks. ;)
Those greeting trails at AK tend to move REALLY slow, but maybe if you are there on a low crowd day you can get through them in a reasonable amount of time.
I am afraid of birds, so we have never been to the show. DH wants to go, but I don't!
The Nemo show is amazing, but it is long - it will take the better part of an hour so plan accordingly.

I'm afraid of birds too, thats why we always sit off to the side at these shows so the huge swooping of the birds over our heads doesn't cause me to scream like a little girl in front of everyone.

The Lion King show is AWESOME.
And the Nemo show is spectacular, but it is long. It is a musical, with puppeteers acting out the storyline of the movie. We saw it during the Passholder preview a couple of years ago.

We'll defintely check it out. It looks to be a short show, like 20 minutes or so?

The Nemo Show is kind of like Avenue Q, but Nemo characters, very well done! But yes, it does take a big chunk of time, so plan accordingly. I think they implimented some sort of Fastpass for this show, but I'm not positive....maybe with a lunch package?

And yes, the Lion King is a must see......two words....."Tumble Monkeys" :thumbsup2

Oh and yes you will groan when the Lion King show starts, yes....those are the old floats from the Disneyland Lion King parade! LOL

We'll try to fit Nemo in. I know we're only going to do limited stuff at AK due to the hours being so short there. We'll ride a few things and spend most of the day wandering and see Lion King and Nemo for sure.

One thing we have to get use to, is the size of the parks. Despite DL having more attractions then MK, it's what, half the size? You can walk all over the parks all day and not really get tired. We'll be doing double if not triple the walking at WDW.

Mike, they were doing a thing similar to the Fantasmic! dinner package thing. If you had a reservation at Tusker House for lunch during a certain timeframe, you got some sort of preferred seating for one of the Nemo shows, but it was only valid at that ONE performance time. I did read something yesterday that said they are adding FP machines for the shows at AK, so it is possible that there will be FP's without having to do the meal thing.

SATURDAY, MAY 1ST

Full day – 9am to 9pm/10pm depending

MAGIC KINGDOM 9AM-5PM

Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade – 12pm

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD 5PM-10PM
OR
EPCOT 5PM-9PM

Why don't you do Epcot until 9pm (or whenever you get tired of it) and then Scott and I will make a plan for something fabulous for drinks after. :thumbsup2

I can't remember if it was on the podcast or a post on the podcast boards, but I think they are adding FP machines for the shows. You can still have ride FP's for the same time as the shows. I think that's a great idea! I LOVE the Nemo show! But it is time consuming (not just the show but getting in line early for it).

Why don't you do Epcot until 9pm (or whenever you get tired of it) and then Scott and I will make a plan for something fabulous for drinks after. :thumbsup2

That sounds great. Where would you like to meet? We're not going to want to stay out late or anything after a full day, but hanging out for a few drinks would be wonderful. :) We will have no car.

We've had good luck with the characters at Camp Minnie/Mickey if we do the character greet while the Lion King Show is going on as most people go on the way out of the show but then it's packed. Depending on how much time you have you could go to a show, then grab an ice cream or something after and sit while the crowd thins for seeing the characters and the next show is in progress. We did that on our trip last April.

That sounds great. Where would you like to meet? We're not going to want to stay out late or anything after a full day, but hanging out for a few drinks would be wonderful. :) We will have no car.

About to send you a PM

I'll keep an eye out for you guys ... I'm hopefully going to be down next week. But don't ask for an itinerary, I never make any plans and don't do ADRs (shh, don't tell Elizabeth - she'll have a stroke).

I'll keep an eye out for you guys ... I'm hopefully going to be down next week. But don't ask for an itinerary, I never make any plans and don't do ADRs (shh, don't tell Elizabeth - she'll have a stroke).

I HEARD THAT!!! :scared1: :faint:
Despite your woeful lack of preparation, I do hope you get to meet Mr. Z and his partner because they are terrific guys. :)

We'll be loaded down with a heavy lanyard/pins and some dorky Mickey Ears with Mark and Steven on the back. Every day. It's a requirement. Can't miss us. :)

I HEARD THAT!!! :scared1: :faint:
Despite your woeful lack of preparation, I do hope you get to meet Mr. Z and his partner because they are terrific guys. :)

Aw, thanks honey! We love spending time with you and it's already been too long. Hopefully we can meet really soon after our trip so we can tell you all about it first hand.

We'll be loaded down with a heavy lanyard/pins and some dorky Mickey Ears with Mark and Steven on the back. Every day. It's a requirement. Can't miss us. :)

I think I would recognize you from all your pictures. Me? I'm short, average looking and I don't have any pins or hats. And no matter what Rosie might tell you I am not fat!

Well that was scary. For the last few days I kept checking the 10 day forcast and Orlando was showing scattered thunderstorms every day of our trip. I check today and now it's showing 83 and sunny, so I'm hoping since it's closer to the time that the predictions are correct.

If not, Orlando is like Texas. Give it an hour and the weather will change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter