Post pics of your bag you carry into park

These are the three bags that I take with me.

DSC00424.jpg

I thought it was fitting to line them up under my WDW throw blanket that I got in April. :rolleyes1

The first one is my Vera Bradley mini hipster. I LOVE it. Definitely my favorite one. Lightweight, easy to clean, not too many zippers and pockets and stuff to mess with. The strap is nice and long, comfortable to sling. And it's easy peasy to adjust. Just tie a knot in the top of it and make it the length you like best! I like to keep things simple. I think it cost me $45.00. Note: I bought the little coin purse to go with it, for the small amount of cash that I carry...but never used it. It just was kind of awkward in there. There is not a lot of room inside, however...there are little slots to organize park passes, photopass, debit card, etc. and enough room to throw a digital camera, cellphone, chapstick, purell, and a couple of dollar store ponchos. I put cash in the front zipper pocket (I wouldn't suggest this if you carry a lot of cash, but I only keep $10 or so with me.)

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

The next one is my small travel bag thing from Eddie Bauer. This was a favorite on past trips, but my VB quickly took that role over. This has a lot more room and pockets to organize your stuff. In the past, since I had all these pockets, I'd end up taking more. Which made it heavier. But for those of you who need more in the parks, this is a GREAT bag. Would be able to fit a small umbrella in addition to the things I mentioned above. Most sunglasses would fit in it as well. I think this cost around $15.00, but it was from the Eddie Bauer outlet store, so a regular retail store may charge more.

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

Finally, my Coach sling bag. This I would not suggest if it was the only bag you were going to take. Actually, the only reason I take it is because it's brown. I have not found another brownish bag that I like, so I take this one for when I wear brown. :rolleyes1 Actually, the only time I really wear it is when we go out to dinner at night and I wear my brown capris or brown leather sandals with khaki pants/skirt. I don't care if I'm on vacation...a girl has to coordinate! :rolleyes:

Anyway, it cost me around $70.00 (maybe a bit less) at the Coach factory store and I use it more at home. Strap is not as long, so it rides a bit close (I wear a size 16).

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

Wow...those reviews ended up being longer than I had planned, but I hope it helps someone! :hippie:

These are the three bags that I take with me.

DSC00424.jpg

I thought it was fitting to line them up under my WDW throw blanket that I got in April. :rolleyes1

The first one is my Vera Bradley mini hipster. I LOVE it. Definitely my favorite one. Lightweight, easy to clean, not too many zippers and pockets and stuff to mess with. The strap is nice and long, comfortable to sling. And it's easy peasy to adjust. Just tie a knot in the top of it and make it the length you like best! I like to keep things simple. I think it cost me $45.00. Note: I bought the little coin purse to go with it, for the small amount of cash that I carry...but never used it. It just was kind of awkward in there. There is not a lot of room inside, however...there are little slots to organize park passes, photopass, debit card, etc. and enough room to throw a digital camera, cellphone, chapstick, purell, and a couple of dollar store ponchos. I put cash in the front zipper pocket (I wouldn't suggest this if you carry a lot of cash, but I only keep $10 or so with me.)

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

The next one is my small travel bag thing from Eddie Bauer. This was a favorite on past trips, but my VB quickly took that role over. This has a lot more room and pockets to organize your stuff. In the past, since I had all these pockets, I'd end up taking more. Which made it heavier. But for those of you who need more in the parks, this is a GREAT bag. Would be able to fit a small umbrella in addition to the things I mentioned above. Most sunglasses would fit in it as well. I think this cost around $15.00, but it was from the Eddie Bauer outlet store, so a regular retail store may charge more.

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

Finally, my Coach sling bag. This I would not suggest if it was the only bag you were going to take. Actually, the only reason I take it is because it's brown. I have not found another brownish bag that I like, so I take this one for when I wear brown. :rolleyes1 Actually, the only time I really wear it is when we go out to dinner at night and I wear my brown capris or brown leather sandals with khaki pants/skirt. I don't care if I'm on vacation...a girl has to coordinate! :rolleyes:

Anyway, it cost me around $70.00 (maybe a bit less) at the Coach factory store and I use it more at home. Strap is not as long, so it rides a bit close (I wear a size 16).

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

Wow...those reviews ended up being longer than I had planned, but I hope it helps someone! :hippie:
Very helpful! Thank you for posting!

Here is one that I purchased - it has straps to wear as a backpack or can be used with a long strap for tote style:

IMG_0176.jpg

3"Mouse"keteers;25831460 said:
Oh, I love that! Do you remember where you got it?

Yes, I got it on Disneyshopping.com - it matches my suitcase set & laptop case. I don't remember how long ago it was though. If they don't have it, maybe the outlets or ebay would.

I just wanted to say thank you too all those that recommended the Baggallini - Messenger Bag. The one I ordered came in the mail today and I think it's going to be perfect for carrying around in the parks next week!! :woohoo:

We use the JJ Cole diaper bag (we have no kids) but the pockets are useful and the bottle holder is perfect for a bottle of water. The BF wears it the whole time (although he makes me go through security with it).

jjcole+essentials+front+&+back+on+mom.jpg

Although we have it in blue. I think it cost $35 new, but I purchased a second one from a second hand baby store (but it was new with tags) for $12.00.

When the whole family goes I bring my lime green baggalini-messenger bag, with the lime green Mickey tag hanging off of it! But last trip was with my girlfriends "chicks only trip", so I just brought my Vera Bradly backpack pocketbook and it worked out great!

I love my Baggallini messenger bag but I'm looking for one a size smaller. Only problem is it has to have a spot on the outside to hold a water bottle. I can't find one with the little mesh pocket on the outside. Anyone else ever see one?

We use the JJ Cole diaper bag (we have no kids) but the pockets are useful and the bottle holder is perfect for a bottle of water. The BF wears it the whole time (although he makes me go through security with it).

jjcole+essentials+front+&+back+on+mom.jpg

Although we have it in blue. I think it cost $35 new, but I purchased a second one from a second hand baby store (but it was new with tags) for $12.00.

We have this bag too, I love it! Even though we don't need diapers anymore the bag is great.

7X9X3 messenger bag with pockets and expandable zippers everywhere. This bag even has a pocket for wet things. And it holds a water bottle, yea! It is called the Heys Travel Mate. You can see a video about it here: http://shop.heys.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=tm01

It is also available for $24 at eBags. Lots of colors too.

Way too cool & it looks like much better quality & has much more features than the Baggallini. It is a lot like the Ameribag I ordered & should be receiving this week, but for that price I just might have to order one of these as well & try it out!!!! Thank you for sharing !!!! What a great Disneyworld bag & organizer !!!!!!!!!!

7X9X3 messenger bag with pockets and expandable zippers everywhere. This bag even has a pocket for wet things. And it holds a water bottle, yea! It is called the Heys Travel Mate. You can see a video about it here: http://shop.heys.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=tm01

It is also available for $24 at eBags. Lots of colors too.

When you click on this site, check out the TravelMate XL in leather. It is twice the size of the $24 one. They do not sale it on the EBAGS site, but it is $59.97 on the Heys Travel Mate site. I may have to try that one instead since it is 50% larger than the $24 one. The $24 one is only 7x9, but it does expand-- so it could be larger. Thanks again for sharing !!!!

We used the baggalini last year. I think this year I may switch to a traditional backpack. I found that the straps slipped on the baggalini and caused back pain when it was hanging.

Our last trip I used this Derek Alexander bag. I have the red one.

http://www.ebags.com/derek_alexande...etail/index.cfm?modelid=83714#testimonialJump

It worked pretty good. I only wish it had a water bottle holder. I have tried so many different bags over the years, I never seem to find a perfect one. Now that my DS is getting older, there is less stuff that I need to bring with us to the parks. I plan to bring this with us again in August, as well as a small adidas backpack and I am also bringing a Vera Bradley hipster. My only concern with the VB is that if we get caught in the rain, it will get soaked! That happened to my sister a few years ago, everything inside the bag was soaked! It was a mess.

I carry a Tamrac Adventure 7 photo backpack. My camera, lenses and other electronics stores safely in the bottom leaving the top for other stuff.

tamrac_advanture7.jpg

Does anyone know if the Heys Travel Mate is made so you can carry it on your shoulder or across your chest. All of the pictures I have found show it across the chest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter