Post Photos of Hotels Here...DLH, HoJo, BWPPI, DI&S, CCI...etc.

Tha's great to know. I always wondered about those hotels on the S side of the park.

I've located a couple of my pics of Anahiem Plaza. I really need to find that CD. lol We had a bottom floor room which had a large enclosed patio.

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

Hey Everybody!

Putting locks on the doors that lead out to the balcony in the Kids Room is a really good idea! It was such a good idea that I forwarded a link to this post to our General Manager, and he let me know that they are already in the process of getting that done. :thumbsup2

I just wanted to pass on the good news, and to thank you all again for being so willing to let us know what we can do better! :goodvibes

Happy Monday!
Lorealle

I am so happy to hear this! DH and I were concerned that if, god forbid, one of our girls did try to open the door we wouldn't be able to hear them over the fan and free way. Thanks Lorealle!

Hey Everybody!

Putting locks on the doors that lead out to the balcony in the Kids Room is a really good idea! It was such a good idea that I forwarded a link to this post to our General Manager, and he let me know that they are already in the process of getting that done. :thumbsup2

I just wanted to pass on the good news, and to thank you all again for being so willing to let us know what we can do better! :goodvibes

Happy Monday!
Lorealle

You guys ROCK!!

Thanks so much to everyone for posting their photos - it really helps when trying to decide on a place to stay. :thumbsup2

We have decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn, thanks to the superb photos, I didn't even know they had a rollout chair, as on the marriott website it says no rollaways allowed in the room, but didn't mention the chair, until I did a bit more digging on their website after seeing the photo. Thanks again!

We stayed at the Howard Johnson Anaheim, aka HojoAnaheim, in a King Room in building 1, next to the elevators. From what I was told, all King rooms in Building 1 face the freeway.
I like hojos. I really do. We've stayed there many, many times over the years. In fact at one point it was the only place we would stay at. We like Building 1 with or without a Disney view. Some people complain about the freeway noise, but we haven't had a problem with that on either side. On this trip we stayed on the Freeway side in a King room. It was just DH and myself. The room was a pretty good size. The A/C is loud; but that white noise helps to filter out the freeway noise. I like white noise and it actually helps me to sleep better. The bed was very comfortable. We disliked that they had the single serving coffeemaker with this special coffee that they provide that we had to use. The coffeemaker has a razor thing that punctures these tin pots with coffee in it. That was a bummer, because we like to use our own coffee. However, DH said he thought the coffee was pretty decent for hotel provided coffee. There were a few things wrong/unacceptable with the room, and you will see the photos posted below.

652310430_iakqs-L.jpg

652311133_nQNJ6-XL.jpg

This set up is okay in this room with one bed, but it doesn't work as well with 2 beds. In my previous review of the 2Q premium DL view room on page 2, the set up was different and IMO, better for 2 beds. I didn't review the NQQ1 (2 Q's building 1) room the last time we stayed there, but this set up in the above photo with the long counter thing, the chair in the middle and the TV off to one side is pretty much how the rooms are now decorated. (Not fun if trying to watch tv from a bed on the other side of the room.)
There is no internet access at the desk/chair thing, you have to access it on the bed which makes no sense to me.
We don't use the table/chairs as we rarely, if ever, eat in the room. I still would prefer the desks w/ internet access they used to have in the 2Q room instead of this table/chair set up. This was our first time staying in a King room so I'm not sure if this is how it always was or if it's new for these rooms as well...
Don't mind the mess, we were in a hurry and just threw our stuff down, took the pics and left for the park.

652311795_ucuDV-XL.jpg

The bed was really comfortable!
652312561_girQZ-XL.jpg

652313430_kCr8S-XL.jpg

Internet access point on the nightstand next to the left side of the bed.
652314203_Yqgb3-XL.jpg

The 1 cup coffeemaker with provided tin covered plastic pots of coffee:
652315834_iAEY4-XL.jpg

I asked before if these were in all the rooms now and got no response, so I'm guessing they are in all the rooms now?

The nice shower massage head:
653095711_rfket-XL.jpg

Mildew and cracked tile/grout:
653095930_WudDc-XL.jpg

653096169_nNgZu-XL.jpg

653096397_ZoQkX-XL.jpg

653096657_Sjpf7-XL.jpg

653097262_NBUL3-XL.jpg

653097563_R2zi8-XL.jpg

Room decor and A/C control which worked fine:
653097781_Tid9A-XL.jpg

653097957_oS2rU-XL.jpg

Small closet with hangars that come off the rod, iron and ironing board:
653098093_cMspr-XL.jpg

Door that leads outside:
653098313_3wkAj-XL.jpg

And a 2nd door that I assume was put in to help keep the freeway noise outside:
653098492_BJaEB-XL.jpg

This door had a push button lock on it.

The view from our room, which we didn't mind as we knew that's what we were paying for:
653113622_iW8MW-XL.jpg

We slept with the curtains open because otherwise was afraid I would oversleep! I was awakened by this glorious sunrise and had to quickly run to grab my camera!
653115813_Uu3zT-XL.jpg

On my 2nd day there, I looked up and noticed this in the bathroom ceiling. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned since they built the hotel! Yuck! I quickly ran to grab my P&S camera so I could document what I saw. I couldn't believe it.
656338317_37T5F-XL.jpg

This photo doesn't even begin to describe what I saw with my naked eye. I had to use the flash to show you how disgusting it really was:
656338810_TxWB6-XL.jpg

The dust looks like it goes up into the ceiling and has been caked on for years! Blech!

We still like Hojos for the price and location. It's worth it if you can get the Entertainment rate. For these conditions that we experienced on this trip, I would say that we got what we paid for. If I had paid full price or even AP discount and gotten a room in this condition, I wouldn't have been too happy. This is what I mean when I say that people need to understand what they are getting for the price they are paying and compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. It's not the Trump Plaza , or even close to a 3 star hotel. What Hojos has going for it is its customer service and loyal internet following. (They do sponsor almost all of the internet Disneyland discussion boards, fyi...in case you didn't know that, now you do.)
Howard Johnsons and any of the motels on Harbor will occasionally have issues. Some have more issues than others, and some have poor customer service so there's no way to resolve the issues regardless. We didn't complain to management about the room conditions because again, I felt that we got what we paid for, and we were only there for 2.5 days, so didn't want to waste precious park time. The dust in the bathroom air vent, though, is unacceptably disgusting and does look like it's been there for ages. Other than that, the room was fine, and we would stay there again for Entertainment rates. For anything much more than Entertainment rates, I'd stay at Fairfield Inn which had a much cleaner room and is about 3-4 minutes closer walk to the Entry Plaza.
FWIW, my DH still really likes Hojos, and I doubt he even looked up or even noticed the condition of the air vent. But he doesn't have asthma either...Since we were only there for 2.5 days, I didn't even mention it to him. Also, this is the first time I noticed mildew, cracked tiles/grout and filthy air vents in the rooms at Hojo. Sorry this is a negative review, but I felt I had to be honest. We've only ever stayed in the DL facing Premium rooms, so maybe that's why I never noticed these types of things before. Maybe you do get what you pay for? :confused3Then again, on this trip, the DL Premium rooms would have only been $20 more a night than the King room, so I don't know...:confused3
ETA: I've read some internet reviews in which people complained about the elevator noise, and I just wanted to add that we didn't hear anything...All the white noise from the A/C unit drowned out anything else!

Hojo Pool review:
We used the jacuzzi at night a couple of times. There were many people who stayed there until well past midnight and no one said a word. The late hour of people using the jacuzzi didn't bother us. The scum in it floating around did.
Here are some photos...
I was a little freaked out by all the foam in the jacuzzi. I never went inside of it because of that. I only sat on the edge of the jacuzzi. I don't think it's supposed to be this foamy. There was a lot of body oil scum floating on the foam. I tried to take a photo of the scum, but my P&S just couldn't capture it. It's the darker colored areas of the faom you see floating in these pics.
656341396_ikcHg-XL.jpg

656341028_QsDhq-XL.jpg

656341816_WcuhA-XL.jpg

656342209_tLJDU-XL.jpg

Grounds:
656345627_8azqf-XL.jpg

656345022_TzDjg-XL.jpg

656347758_DP6EN-XL.jpg

Adult pool...Kind of small for the amount of people that were trying to get in it in the hot afternoon...
656346714_6Q5n9-XL.jpg

656346151_ibwxE-XL.jpg

The kids wading pool & play area:
656339596_sPmf8-XL.jpg

656339206_Pfimv-XL.jpg

656340297_DQJQ6-XL.jpg

656342601_KbNVW-XL.jpg

In this photo you can see the small jacuzzi on the far right, basically over run with kids.
656348232_oS3Tx-XL.jpg

656348830_7fHgM-XL.jpg

ETA: Just wanted to add that Lorealle has responded to my Hojo review in another thread. You can see her response here:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33750064&postcount=57

ETA2: Here's a link to some info I found when googling for info re jacuzzis and foam/health. On thing lead to another and this is some of what I found. Suffice it to say I will never get into a public jacuzzi ever again.

ETA3: We stayed at Hojos again this past June 15-18 2011, and the Jacuzzi was very clean. My husband used it. There was no foam! It was very clean! Yay!:cheer2:

Does anyone have any Portofino Inn photos? Staying there for a night in a week and a half! :)

Does anyone have any photos of the Peacock Inn, or have any opinions about that hotel? We're planning to go to DL in December, and they have really good rates, but is it a good place to stay?:goodvibes

That Jacuzzi scum is nasty!!! It's like somebody went in with shampoo still in their hair and the filters couldn't get it and it started collected gross stuff or something. I wouldn't have gone in either haha.

Does anyone have any Portofino Inn photos? Staying there for a night in a week and a half! :)

I didn't take photos, but we stayed there a few weeks ago. It was very nice, comfortable. We had the kids suite and it worked out perfectly.

What would you all recommend for a family of 5. 2 adults and 3 kids (age 17, 11, and 7).

Looking for a room confortable to fit all of us. Also, looking for the proximity to DL. We are planning for next July and need to reserve a room soon.

I was looking at Hojo and Park Vue Inn (Mini-suites). Any other suggestions, comments, etc?

Ah, DisneySuiteFreak! Lovely, lovely pics as usual! But BLECK!!!! at the foam of humanity floating in the jacuzzi!!! Yes, it's oils from sweaty people who've been at the park all day that head straight for the jacuzzi. :eek:

That is why I never use public jacuzzis. It's basically churned up human soup.

Ah, DisneySuiteFreak! Lovely, lovely pics as usual! But BLECK!!!! at the foam of humanity floating in the jacuzzi!!! Yes, it's oils from sweaty people who've been at the park all day that head straight for the jacuzzi. :eek:

That is why I never use public jacuzzis. It's basically churned up human soup.

Thank you Kittyskyfish! Yes, live and learn. I won't ever go into a public jacuzzi ever again.

We're going to be staying at an off-site hotel for a single night. So we're really just looking for a cheap place to lay our heads. It should be close enough to walk or take a shuttle and have free parking. But we don't care about having a lot of space (there's only three of us) and have no need for a pool. Any thoughts?

I'm curious if anyone has pics of the Alpine Inn and/or a review?

Thanks in advance!

Any pics of the Embassy Suites- South? It looks (from a map) walkable distance (maybe 10-15 min?)..but people who reviewed the hotel on Expedia noted the shuttle. I'm not sure if the shuttle is for super tired/lazy people, or if I'm wrong with my perception of how close the hotel is.

Any pics of the Embassy Suites- South? It looks (from a map) walkable distance (maybe 10-15 min?)..but people who reviewed the hotel on Expedia noted the shuttle. I'm not sure if the shuttle is for super tired/lazy people, or if I'm wrong with my perception of how close the hotel is.

I don't believe anyone would say it's walkable. Here's a website showing where it is: http://www.accommodationsneardisney.com/Disneyland/default.asp. The green shaded areas are generally thought to be walkable. Going South, the Candy Cane Inn is generally the farthest away and many people ride their shuttle even instead of walking. It looks like Embassy Suites is approx. 4 times as far! :scared1: I don't think anyone would try to walk that!

It's just under 2 miles away, so it really depends on what type of "walk" you like to do!!! ;)

I don't believe anyone would say it's walkable. Here's a website showing where it is: http://www.accommodationsneardisney.com/Disneyland/default.asp. The green shaded areas are generally thought to be walkable. Going South, the Candy Cane Inn is generally the farthest away and many people ride their shuttle even instead of walking. It looks like Embassy Suites is approx. 4 times as far! :scared1: I don't think anyone would try to walk that!

Good gracious! I must have gotten confused with the map, lol. I thought Embassy Suites was way closer.

I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn with my Mom during our last trip in July- it was nice and close, but I probably wouldn't want to go much further since I prefer to walk (being in a car or bus makes me anxious).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter