Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Before Covid I made a solo trip to Minneapolis for a work trip. I did not have EBCI and just took what I had. On my flight home from Chicago (had a layover her) I had a late boarding group despite checking in at the 24 hour mark. I ended up sitting in a middle seat towards the middle/back of the plane. It was a great flight. I sat between 2 older people. Come to find out they were married and one wanted the window seat and one wanted the isle. They were about the age of my grandparents. They were very nice and we talked about our trips and such. They actually didn't live to far from too. Being solo I would save the money and just sit where ever.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience!

I just take my chances with check-in.

For my last trip, I was a couple minutes late checking (I was having trouble getting the app to load) and got C13. I was resigned to a middle seat. I got on the plane and found a window seat in the extra row. So sometimes being a solo traveler is an advantage!

Thanks for your input! I’m leaning toward not buying EBCI and that helps!

Ack! I forgot until midnight last night. Thankfully was able to book at one reasonable and one fairly reasonable price. Unfortunately to get those we arrive late the first day and would leave early last day so adding 1 day to our trip. thankful summer allows this flexibility.

I'm finding that SW doesn't always offer the best prices for flights opening day. If they do, it's only one or two spots. I check my fares everyday. I had a $43 price drop for my late April flight earlier this week. Perhaps that's why it looks like less people are traveling on this board?

I'm finding that SW doesn't always offer the best prices for flights opening day. If they do, it's only one or two spots. I check my fares everyday. I had a $43 price drop for my late April flight earlier this week. Perhaps that's why it looks like less people are traveling on this board?
It could be. I find that can be the case but not always. We’re flying in less than 2 weeks and I’ve checked both our flights multiple times each week and opening day prices were the best offered for our flights.

I prefer to book opening then get a travel credit if they drop as I know I’ll eventually use the credit, especially since they don’t expire now.

It seems to just vary on a lot of factors.

We booked our Cancun flight opening day and have seen multiple drops in fare (flying day after Easter) and we got more than 12,600 points back total for 2 people. However the flight home 8 days later (also booked on opening day) has not dropped below what we booked it for. For a while it was decently higher and right now it's hovering about 1250 points per person more. Both are connecting in Houston (Hobby) too.

In some ways though I'm seeing much more international travel (which seems to be backed by data) and SWA does not have too many international destinations. On that note people complaining (and rightfully so though) about SWA should really check how much some of us are paying to fly to Europe.

I've had it go both ways. Opening day prices that only went up on my outbound, but then decreases on my inbound a week later. Both times, if I had waited and booked my whole trip later, the savings I got on the discounted flight would have been entirely wiped out by higher costs on the other flight.

Booking on points, I definitely book on opening day and then just check them frequently. On cash, with the non -expiring credits, I would do the same as long as I had reason to believe I'd be traveling SW again.

I have two SW gift cards, one for me and one for my wife. Can I use both of them on one reservation or do I have to make two separate reservations?

Does Southwest release any more wanna get away seats? The flight I need only has the highest paid seats left so wondered if the prices can drop at a later time?

Does Southwest release any more wanna get away seats? The flight I need only has the highest paid seats left so wondered if the prices can drop at a later time?
Yes, they can definitely come back later.

I had a spring break flight I was tracking that sold out of WGA the morning of fare release, stayed there for a couple months, and then more WGA came up with about 4 months to go.

Anecdotally, people have been seeing what appears to be SW holding back WGA fares on release day and then dropping them later, but I don't think there's been any sort of confirmation that it's a current policy

I have two SW gift cards, one for me and one for my wife. Can I use both of them on one reservation or do I have to make two separate reservations?
Yes, you can use both on one reservation. Up to 3 forms of payments are allowed per reservation, so your gift cards would count as 2. If a balance remains you can use your CC or any other form of acceptable payments for SWA.

How is the $8.00 wifi on Southwest? I've never needed to purchase it but will be flying during prime Genie+ booking times so would like to utilize it. Do you find it reliable?

Is anyone getting this message. I'm trying to check April pricing.

Sorry, we found some errors...​

• Flights are not currently available for the date/time requested. Some flights may only operate on specific days of the week. Visit our Low Fare Calendar for our current schedule and lowest fares.

Is anyone getting this message. I'm trying to check April pricing.

Sorry, we found some errors...​

• Flights are not currently available for the date/time requested. Some flights may only operate on specific days of the week. Visit our Low Fare Calendar for our current schedule and lowest fares.
Yeah...I'm getting that as well..well a similar error for my return flight from Cancun to KC on 4/18, no errors for 4/10 KC to Cancun. However, I wanted to see if some other dates were having an issue and once I changed it to like 4/17, then changed it again to 4/19 the 4/18 showed up. Maybe try and toggle to a different date then back to the date you're looking at to see if that fixes it. Clearly there's some glitches going on.

Yes, you can use both on one reservation. Up to 3 forms of payments are allowed per reservation, so your gift cards would count as 2. If a balance remains you can use your CC or any other form of acceptable payments for SWA.
Thanks! I saw the thred different boxes for, Flight Credit, LUV Voucher and Gift Card but there is only one box for the gift card info. Will another open up after I fill in the first one? Trying to get prepared for when my flight opens in March.
B5EB8AD8-5EEF-49A8-B82A-FDF1441C28B6.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter