Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Have you checked again? I was curious since I fly out of PVD and it looks like May is changing over to the April changes (2 flights a day to MCO 10:45 am and 6:30 pm)
Yes it appears they changed to the April schedule. I already moved my flight down on 5/13 to the 6:30 pm flight but it's the flight home on Sunday 5/22 that's all messed up..only a 7:30 am or 10:10 pm only nonstops.

Was walking to the gate after tsa check about an hour before the flight was supposed to take off @ 6 am this morning in Philly when we got an email from Southwest that the flight was cancelled. 1 hour wait on the phone, 1 agent at the booth to handle everyone on that flight. No flights to move to until tomorrow afternoon. Moved us to a flight out of DC tonight. Waiting for that flight now, hour late so far.
Did they tell you why your flight was canceled? Usually when it's that close it's a weather issue (either at the airport OR elsewhere), aircraft change or issue, crew issue,etc. Unfortunately that is a normal part of travel

Our May 26 flight home from Orlando was just changed. The flight number changed but the time only changed by leaving 40 minutes later. Phew- I hope Southwest is done messing with May flights.

They told us crew issue, reluctantly. We had some weather but other airlines were still flying. We rented a car one way and drove to DC to get that other flight. 19 hours later, we're finally here. Could be worse.... Saw a lady was at the Frontier gate, they overbooked the flight, she couldn't get on and her luggage was already on the plane and gone apparently.

They told us crew issue, reluctantly. We had some weather but other airlines were still flying. We rented a car one way and drove to DC to get that other flight. 19 hours later, we're finally here. Could be worse.... Saw a lady was at the Frontier gate, they overbooked the flight, she couldn't get on and her luggage was already on the plane and gone apparently.
My husband had a crew issue before, basically the current crew couldn't log any more hours legally and they didn't have a crew to replace yet. Flight wasn't canceled but heavily delayed. It happens and might be more likely with this pandemic (if they can even find the crew to begin with that is who knows maybe that was the issue). Still is frustrating for sure. Glad you made it home even as long as it took :)

I'd be so mad about my luggage though with that Frontier flight and worried where my luggage would end up.

Are all these flight changes for flights happening in the next few weeks? We are flying to Denver from Baltimore on June 26th and returning on July 10th and all these changes are making me nervous. I check our flights daily and no changes yet.

Are all these flight changes for flights happening in the next few weeks? We are flying to Denver from Baltimore on June 26th and returning on July 10th and all these changes are making me nervous. I check our flights daily and no changes yet.
Just observationally it started with flights occurring in March, moved through that month, then went to April, moved through that month, then went to May, moved through that month (and may not be complete for the month of May).

I don't know yet if we know if these changes will sweep through June, July, etc (we just haven't had reports yet here on this thread I don't think) but to answer your question no these changes are not just for flights in the next few weeks it's for flights occurring even months in the future. So best advice you may want to watch your flights.

Just observationally it started with flights occurring in March, moved through that month, then went to April, moved through that month, then went to May, moved through that month (and may not be complete for the month of May).

I don't know yet if we know if these changes will sweep through June, July, etc (we just haven't had reports yet here on this thread I don't think) but to answer your question no these changes are not just for flights in the next few weeks it's for flights occurring even months in the future. So best advice you may want to watch your flights.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll keep watching my flights. It’s a good thing we are flying out a day earlier than planned.

Has anyone had their flight changed to an earlier time? Mine, and many others I see posted, all look to be changed to a later time. Just wondering if it could work both ways.

Flights May 20 and 26 both changed to later time. Original nonstop 11:35 am flight was changed by SW to 3:15 pm even though the new nonstop was at 11:40. So I changed it to the 11:40. Ridiculous.

Has anyone had their flight changed to an earlier time? Mine, and many others I see posted, all look to be changed to a later time. Just wondering if it could work both ways.
Our May 4th flight to Orlando was changed to earlier by 10mins.

One of my DISer friends her May 6th flight to Orlando originally was supposed to land at 11pm her new time now lands at 8:30pm

So yes it has worked both ways.

Yes, my departure flight changed from leaving at 7:45 am to 6:55 am. Not thrilled but at least it is still nonstop. Our return flight was changed to instead of returning at 3:15pm on a nonstop to having to change planes and returning at 1:00 am the next day. I was able to change it to a flight still with a stop but not having to change planes, arriving at 7:25 pm. SW removed 2 nonstop flights so we didn’t have much choice.

My husband had a crew issue before, basically the current crew couldn't log any more hours legally and they didn't have a crew to replace yet. Flight wasn't canceled but heavily delayed. It happens and might be more likely with this pandemic (if they can even find the crew to begin with that is who knows maybe that was the issue). Still is frustrating for sure. Glad you made it home even as long as it took :)

I'd be so mad about my luggage though with that Frontier flight and worried where my luggage would end up.

We spent an extra 4 hours in Miami waiting for a connection due to being short a flight attendant on American... I think the airlines are all struggling with staff right now, plus COVID outages etc. It's really frustrating given how high prices are... But it's happening to all airlines.

Our June 2 flight MCO-MHT was changed overnight. The flight they changed us to was another ridiculous 5 pm arriving at 11 pm with a stop. I was able to change it back to a non-stop now leaving at 9 am which is fine. I'm still mad about our May 21 connecting flight but am hoping for a nonstop, which is what we originally had.

Our June 2 flight MCO-MHT was changed overnight. The flight they changed us to was another ridiculous 5 pm arriving at 11 pm with a stop. I was able to change it back to a non-stop now leaving at 9 am which is fine. I'm still mad about our May 21 connecting flight but am hoping for a nonstop, which is what we originally had.
I'm hoping for a nonstop too to resurface for our May 22 flight as well. I'll keep stalking.

Well I guess your post may be the first of the June flights, guess we'll have to see if others post back about their flights changing to see if the pattern holds up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter