Possible stay at BWV...a question

Muhlenberg

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about staying at BWV. We'd have my 90 year old mother with us. She's mobile, but the last time we went, we had a wheelchair for her, and would this time as well.

For a few reasons, including her, we have a need to be close to the elevators. Is there a way to guarantee being close? I know I can request being close for medical reasons, but does that ever NOT happen?

I don't know if we need a HA room. I know we don't need a roll-in shower, but I also don't know what else a HA room gives you. Are lower beds included? I know the HA rooms have the safety bars in the bathrooms.

We'd either do a 1-BR or a 2-BR, if that matters.

A number of years ago we stayed in a 2 bedroom lockoff that was HA and right next to the elevators on the 2nd or 3rd floor. The bed is not lower but the kitchen accommodates a wheelchair, the counter to eat at is lower. There is a bar in the shower and the doorways are all wider. We did not need the HA room nor did we ask for it and I felt uncomfortable being placed there when I thought someone else needed it. I was told there were no requests for it, so they could assign it to us. No request is guaranteed but i would ask for HA, by elevator and when you check in, hopefully they should accommodate you. Never had any issues with Boardwalk, generally get my requests there.
:flower3:

I would always request close to elevator due to medical reasons when we traveled with my mother in a wheel chair. We either ended up in the HA room or right next to it but there really is no guarantee without specifically booking the HA room.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter