Portofino Bay Tips?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I prefer to walk to the parks and always stay at Royal Pacific, it’s one of my favorite hotels in Orlando. Unfortunately Portofino Bay is the only Premier resort that works for the budget for my September trip ($214 at PBR vs $369 at RPR). I’m checking daily but it looks like I will be at Portofino.

I’ve only stayed at Portofino once and that was over ten years ago. The decor is definitely not my cup of tea but the main downside then was all of the walking and stairs we had to navigate to get to the parks and pool. I was looking at the map and am thinking the West Wing would be best for me.

I’m a little disappointed about skipping RPR. Any Portofino fans out there to help me get excited about a stay there?

Thanks!

West is a good idea. The pool is better and you are closer to the boat and the walkway to the park. I like to walk and didn't find it to far. Except for the day I had to walk it 3 times within the hour because my wife lost her diamond tennis bracelet that I gave her the xmas before.

One thing to consider if you are a dedicated Starbucks drinker, that is on the East side.

Portofino is our favourite hotel. We take a short cut walk, which is through the HRH parking lot. You just avoid the normal walking path, follow the signs toward the HRH, go across the road, down the HRH driveway and cut right through the parking lot until you get to the entrance of the parks.

Portofino is our favourite hotel. We take a short cut walk, which is through the HRH parking lot. You just avoid the normal walking path, follow the signs toward the HRH, go across the road, down the HRH driveway and cut right through the parking lot until you get to the entrance of the parks.
How long did the walk take? I have walked from HRH, but not Portofino.

For the east wing, those are basically the choices. You pick one where the lines split basically where the west wing would come from.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210711-114353_Maps.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210711-114353_Maps.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 144
Will be coming to UO for first time soon and staying at PBH. Thanks so much for these walking shortcuts!! With the shortcuts, are you still able to use security checkpoints that are apparently along walkways, or will we need to use the main security with the crowds of people?

Will be coming to UO for first time soon and staying at PBH. Thanks so much for these walking shortcuts!! With the shortcuts, are you still able to use security checkpoints that are apparently along walkways, or will we need to use the main security with the crowds of people?

There's a separate small checkpoint for just the hard rock and PBH where I ended the lines. It's right at the Studios entrance. You get to avoid the crowds at citywalk entrance entirely, it's great.

There's a separate small checkpoint for just the hard rock and PBH where I ended the lines. It's right at the Studios entrance. You get to avoid the crowds at citywalk entrance entirely, it's great.
Oh wonderful!!! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter