PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL Information

I got a deluxe room at the pbh for 180 entertainment rate. Which wing do I want to be near the dock and the pool with the slide? Also I have read that service is poor, is this true. When I booked I was told there is complimentary beverages in the lobby is this true? Thanks

Nan you want to be in the West Villa's for the beach pool and quick trip to the boat dock. I have never heard anyone say that service at PBH is poor. I guess i have'nt read it all. I have been at PBH for 3 stays since July and have had nothing but star treatment from each employee i have talked to. You will love PBH. It's amazing to be there. They do not serve drinks in the lobby unless there having something special, for instance during the holidays they had a wine tasting set up in the lobby one evening. They are talking about bringing club level back to the PBH so you might like to check on that if it interest you. Also welcome to the boards. BTW what dates are you visiting so others will note when you scored your ent. rate.

FYI:

The Travel Channel will be having the episode of their show, "Great Hotels", about PBH at the following dates/times:

Jan. 5th, 11:00 AM EST
Jan. 27th, 12:30 PM EST

They will also be doing shows about Disney's Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Yacht & Beach Club Resorts during January. You can get the schedules at their website, www.travelchannel.com.

I got the entertainment rate for 3/30 thru 4/5 deluxe room at Pbh
for 180. Is there a place to grab a quick breakfast we are not big breakfast eaters. Also is there any place to get milk my kids like to have a glass before bed and i I also like regular milk in my coffee. I understand there are coffe makers in the room. Thanks for everyone's help.

We took a cooler and put a gal of milk in it. You can buy it at the gift shop next to the front desk also.

WE ARE NOT BIG BREAKFAST EATERS. WE PRETTY MUCH EAT A BOWL OF CEREAL AND A PIECE OF FRUIT AND WAIT FOR A BIG LUNCH. WHEN WE STAY AT WDW, WE PAY A FEE FOR A SMALL FRIDGE AND KEEP MILK, FRUIT, ETC. IN THE ROOM INSTEAD OF PAYING $50 PER BREAKFAST FOR 5. ANYWAY, ARE THERE FRIDGES TO USE? IS THERE A FEE? WE HAVE A "BAY ROOM" NOW, BUT WE WERE GOING TO UPGRADE TO EITHER A DELUXE OR KID SUITE WITH OUR LOWES CARD ( IF AT ALL POSSIBLE). DO THEY KEEP FRIDGES IN ANY CERTAIN ROOM CATAGORY? WOULD WE BETTER OFF JUST UPGRADING?? THANKS! WE ARE LEAVING IN 13 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

No rooms have ref. in them. But they do have snack bars and mini bars. They say it does not keep as cold as reg. ref do but I disagree. On our first trip with the kids we sat out some of the soda's and put our bottles of milk in them and they kept just fine. They have yahoo's and beer and soda in there and they stay cold so just buy up what you need and take out non parishable things like the soda's for the space you need to store your things and then replace them when you leave. Parlors do offer mini ref's in them and I was able to fit 2 gals of milk, 4 sticks of butter, 24 slices of cheese 1 gal of ice cream (i put this in the ice maker compartment) and 6 cans of soda in that little thing.LOL

Nan, do you mind me asking when you booked for the entertainment rate? I have 7 nights booked from March 31 to April 7, and only the first two and last two nights were available at entertainment rates. The last time I checked on the rates was last weekend. I'm just wondering if something has suddenly opened up, or if your rates were secured much earlier.

Thanks

I just booked my entertainment rate this past week. I kept asking for entertainment rate at the HRH which wasn't available so they asked if I wanted 180 deluxe room at the PBH, so I took it. I thought the kids really wanted HRH but they seem fine with PBH. I going to keep checking though but for now we are PBH bound. Good luck in trying for the entertainment rate.

Yesterday I tried to book the entertainment rate for a 3 night stay at the PBH in August and was told that it wasn't available. I plan to call back periodically to see if one comes up. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Do you need to give thme an Entertainment card number when you book or just when you check in?

They told be to bring the card when you check in. They did not ask for my number when I booked. I got 4 nights deluxe pool veiw June 1 for 180.00 a night...amy

Thanks. I would really like to try the Portofino but the full price is just to high for me. I might try for Royal Pacific too.

I called and booked PBH for midweek the first of May for $170 per night for a Bay View room. I had wanted it for 3 nights but the Entertainment rate was good on 4 nights or more. They told me to bring my Entertainment card with me but did not ask the number over the phone.

One question here, can you book more than one room at a time with just one entertainment book? We're going to need three rooms if we stay onsite with my family in the fall. Or will we need three different books to book each room? Kim

I was told when I made my ressies that I would need two separate Ent. Cards to get the rate on both rooms. My Dad has a card anyway, so it wasn't a problem. Entertainment books are only $20 right now and include free shipping. I think the prices vary per city, but if your local book is more than $20 and you just need another card, it was the Charlotte book that was only $20.

I have always booked multiple rooms and most of the time i'm told the same thing you need ent cards for each room. I have never ever been asked to present my card let a long one for each of my rooms. I also called the hotel each time and inquired with the manager and was told one per room is fine. I suggest you make a call to the hotel directly but definetly have atleast one card.

I have always booked multiple rooms and most of the time i'm told the same thing you need ent cards for each room. I have never ever been asked to present my card let a long one for each of my rooms. I also called the hotel each time and inquired with the manager and was told one per room is fine. I suggest you make a call to the hotel directly but definetly have atleast one card.

We have stayed at the PBH (fall 2002), HRH (fall 2001) and also at the SWAN (2001),Wilderness Lodge (fall 2002). The PBH was the best by far and then the HRH.

We were given an upgrade to a pool view with the $150.00 entertainment rate. The rooms are very nice and the service is top notch.

We have not stayed at the new RPH but it would be hard to believe it could campare to the PBH.

I tried doing a search but it is down...Could anyone please give me any info or experiences they have had at the SPA? I went to the website and it seems they offer every imaginable pampering one could want sooooo whats the best?

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter