Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited for the Royal rooms! I have one booked for my Oct 2012 trip. So far away! First time staying at POR :)

I love POR and we are heading home in October. I was hoping one of the preferred building would be completed by then, but maybe not. Now I have to play with my reservations.....

So hoping for the reno'd mansions when we go in October...crossing fingers!

Alligator Bayou
IMG_2078.jpg

We are staying at POR for the first time in August. :yay: We have stayed at CR in the past, so I'm looking forward to trying out a new resort.

If I missed this on the first page, forgive me. Are there laundry facilities at POR? Since we'll be there during hot, humid weather, I'd rather do a load of laundry during the week rather than packing so many clothes. Thanks!

We are staying at POR for the first time in August. :yay: We have stayed at CR in the past, so I'm looking forward to trying out a new resort.

If I missed this on the first page, forgive me. Are there laundry facilities at POR? Since we'll be there during hot, humid weather, I'd rather do a load of laundry during the week rather than packing so many clothes. Thanks!

There are laundry facilities next to each of the 5 quiet pools so you're really never too far form one.

I just booked Boatwrights for dinner on the 24th of August. I had heard so many poor reviews that I was reluctant to try it out but it seems a shame to turn our backs on our own resort's table service when we haven't even tried it for ourselves. We are not terribly critical eaters and it looks like the menu has a few nice selections. Now I am looking forward to it!

I just booked Boatwrights for dinner on the 24th of August. I had heard so many poor reviews that I was reluctant to try it out but it seems a shame to turn our backs on our own resort's table service when we haven't even tried it for ourselves. We are not terribly critical eaters and it looks like the menu has a few nice selections. Now I am looking forward to it!

Please review it upon your return... we have ADRs for Sept 14th!

One more question...We have an ADR at Chef Mickey's for 7am. Do the busses run that early? If not, will we have to take a taxi?

45 days!!!! :banana:

I felt the same way, so I went ahead a booked dinner for 7pm on our arrival day (we will have driven 15 hours by that point, so everyone will be starving and ready to eat!). Let's cross our fingers and wish for a great first dining experience at POR. :earsboy:

One more question...We have an ADR at Chef Mickey's for 7am. Do the busses run that early? If not, will we have to take a taxi?

45 days!!!! :banana:

Buses don't start running until 6:30 am for early morning ADR's, so you are cutting it close. I would take a taxi. If there is not one immediately out front, bell services will call one and they seem to just magically appear!

I have to say for the prices they charge and the food you get, I would consider it very high for a moderate resort.

I ate there two years ago and got the filet medallions with the chedder mashed potatos. There were three of them and perfectly cooked, as I like it medium.

This past year I did it again and they were well done and down to about the size of a half dollar. It was on a bed of what they referred to as "adult macaroni and cheese, which was actually somewhat good. I sent them back and they did re-cook them to medium well, but it wasn't that great. No veg, no salad, nothing.

However, the pecan pie is to die for, but you can also get it over at the bakery on some nights. So overall, it just wasn't worth it to me for the price.

Same here, I'm booked for November - I met a lady on a FB group, and she says they love it and book it every trip...

I couldnt be more excited for my first WDW trip. Staying at POR and have requested the Magnolia Bend building, im going to keep my fingers crossed as ive read its being refurbed thanks to this thread, not that i mind where they put us being a newb, but its always nice.
It sounds silly, but im actually excited about having his and hers sinks. My DH always hogs the sink when im brushing my teeth... :lmao:

Can't wait to see the pictures of the newly renovated Mansion and Bayou rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter