POR on Gold vs. AKL on Silver

bekkiz

DIS Veteran
I'm really lost on this package thing as we've never used one before, however for our honeymoon, we'd like everything to be super classy, and better still, pre-paid. I have a sort of good idea of the differences between the two packages, but would still like to hear the pros and cons of each. We've stayed at both resorts and love them both (although, reading the paper on the balcony at AKL is among my favorite things in the world--I'm a bit partial). So, for any of you with some opinion, please help my fiancee and I make the right decision:
thanks in advance

ps. currently, according to disneyworld.com the price difference is 3 dollars between the two

Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL

Silver Plan AKL

Do you see where I'm going with this ;)

AKL is phenominal. It's our new favorite resort and we will never, ever stay anywhere else. We had the silver plan there last year and honestly, I don't think we could eat everything that's available on the gold plan. We could barely use up the wishes!!!

Originally posted by kdibattista
Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL Silver Plan AKL

Please , kdibattista , tell us how you really feel ;) !

Though I would have to agree - I've stayed at Dixie Landings (POR) a number of times and enjoy it very much, but I would really look forward to a stay at AKL.

BOMA ...................

We've done the gold plan twice, when it was Deluxe Magic, and it includes WAY, WAY, WAY too much food :) We decided that next time, we either won't go with a package, or will go with the silver plan. No way anybody on earth can eat 3 full meals, each consisting of an appetizer, entree & dessert, and still enjoy each meal to the fullest. I think we waddled around WDW for most of our wedding trip :)
I definitely recommend going with a deluxe resort and the silver plan; those balconies are nice and romantic, and they're a perk that the moderates just don't have.
Cheers!
Heather W

Good advice here. A dear friend is just back and she said they had a hard enough time using all their silver "wishes" -- gold would have been impossible. Thee's only so much you can do (and eat!) in a day! Mousesavers.com recommends the Silver plan and also offers tips on discounts -- check out the site before you make reservations.

Have a wonderful trip!

I had dinner with my maid of honor tonight, and she came up with the same decision as you all:) I just think our days would be spent eating on the gold plan, and she brought up the point about sleeping in and missing breakfast;)

Thanks again for the imput, you've solidified our final choice:)

I have only done the gold plan but we loved it. i know I am the minority here with a vote for the gold.
Will you be planning on doing mostly in park stuff??
If you are ...then probably the silver plan.
Do you enjoy fine dining???
Then the gold plan is the way to go.

If I had a choice..I would do the gold plan again
We loved having everything paid for. Even though we didn't make use of all the options..we felt we still got our money's worth.
Our lunches and dinners averaged about $50-60 a person. We chose to eat at the most expensive places.
If you plan on doing a few tours, leave a legacy, Cirque, and some really great dining I owuld go with the gold.
With the silver everything takes up a wish. With the gold everything is already included and one thing does not use more wishes than another.
For ex. On silver Cali Grill uses 2 wishes
On gold - included as one of your meals.

Just my opinion

Hello,

I opted for the gold plan for some of the same reasons as the previous poster. If you are planning on Cirque or and dinners at the upscale restaurants it is included and does not take two wishes. If you plan on doing recreation of any kind you do not have to decide between using your wishes for recreation or dinner. It is just easier to plan without having to worry about how many wishes you have left.

Have a great wedding and honeymoon with whatever you decide.

Sherry

Also, you can get a king bed at POR (if you pay for it in advance) but I hear there aren't many at AKL.

If we were to do a plan & didn't have any kids along, I think I'd go for the gold so we could do boats & golf & tours. I did Keys to the Kingdom last year and can't wait to do another! But with 2 toddlers it's difficult. Also, Cirque is awesome & we'd love to go again!

How much more is the Gold plan at AKL? :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter