POR April 4th-13th - with Qs!

BrerEthan

Earning My Ears
Hey there. Me and my fiancé will be enjoying our stay at the Mouse from 4/4-4/13 and I can't even begin to explain how excited we are!

Last year I stayed at POR in May for six days and CBR in August for 3. I have a few comments regarding that.

First of all, I loved loved loved everything about my stay at POR. I am a huge Splash Mountain fan and felt that everything from the outside benches overlooking the river (we stayed at Magnolia Mend w/ a river view) to the walkways, to the outside bar, to the main building were themed to perfection and gave that Deep South feel. I loved the relaxed, casual feeling there and felt that the CMs were great.

When I go to the World, it can be quite a whirlwind experience so coming home each day and truly feeling relaxed was what POR was all about.

Now, I can't say the same for CBR. I have read that as far as moderates go, it's one of the older/oldest and I didn't feel the theme tie in as well as POR did. It felt less magical and more in need of a refresh or at least some more cohesive "pluses."

Anyways, this is my first trip with my fiancé and we booked 10 days.

It's definitely a trip where we are celebrating our engagement. First, I am aware two men getting married to each other is a hot button issue, and I mean no offense, but am making an effort to be transparent and unashamed of all the blessing in my life. We are not big PDA types but, as we love each other very much, hope to be able to hold hands or at least not pretend we aren't a committed couple during our time there. We live in NYC, and obviously Florida is not NYC, so we are trying to figure out what's appropriate behavior. We are spending good money and I want feel comfortable to be myself with my partner, but also don't want to offend any families/people who may have issues with it. This is obviously a tricky subject, so any suggestions or advice would be helpful. The last thing I would want would be to have a bad experience myself or for him, or cause anyone else to. It is 2014, but there are obvious differences of opinion (and rightfully so) on this subject that our society has not fully addressed it.

Anyway-- on to lighter matters---

This is also my first experience on a Disney Dining Plan and also taking advantage of the new fast pass plus and watch option.

I had a few questions I wanted to see if anyone could answer for me-- we are two healthy, twenty something's, who do CrossFit (also loved POR to do some work outs in the morning!! Great trails and was able to do some burpees on a few of the dock areas near POFQ!). We aren't huge eaters so decided to go for the plan where you get a one quick service, one snack and one sit down dinner a day. In anyone's experience do you feel you ended up spending any/a lot extra on a dining plan or did it meet your needs??

Also, all of my previous Disney trips have been wham bam 3/4/6 days. This will be first time with a 10 day stay, and an 8 day park hopper. Any suggestions on pacing ourselves for the long haul? Sometimes when I come home from the World I feel exhausted and this trip we are definitely committed to taking the time to enjoy the view and soak up the details. I'd love to know anyone's experiences with a longer stay and feeling like you have to be "on the go" the entire time.

Anyways, we upgraded to a Royal room as part of a package (well he booked for us) and my only concern is that, as we are both guys, it's going to be too over the top for us. I loved the charm of the room I stayed in last time-- so my question is if the Royal rooms are gaudy or over the top and have taken away from anyone's experience??

Last but certainly not least, we are visiting/flying into to palm beach to see my mother and then driving up in a rental car.

We've got Alamo and were told we can return the car on site. Is there a bus/transportation back to the resort after you drop the car in?

And also we are planning on buying some liquor to have for the room, so we can unwind a bit. Is there a liquor store anyone would recommend on the highway up to Orlando?

We hope the stay to be a magical one. Thank you for taking the time and patience to read this tome on my upcoming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter