Pop Warner Week 2018

Whenever you have a problem with these groups, try to find out what group they are - team and town. Non-Disney, but we ended up reporting youth soccer team to the league they belonged to last summer. The parents/coaches were far more interested in drinking in the lobby and pool while the kids literally ran up and down the hallways of the hotel. Hotel management tried their best, but none of the parents or coaches had any interest in controlling their demon spawn. This was 1 team - there were 2 other teams staying at our hotel that were perfectly fine.

We reported the behavior to the league head and also noted that the other teams were well behaved - that it was all this one team. The league president responded that we were not the only ones to lobby a complaint and that the team was going to be barred from tournament travel next season. A nice reminder that that they represent not only themselves, but the team and their town when they attend these things is sometimes needed.

We've had a couple stays at All Star Sports with the Pop Warner crowd and never had an issue. Other than seeing a couple group's with jerseys on, we would have never known they were there.

Ditto. I wouldn't worry. At all.

I don't know when you were at the parks but I saw at least 8 groups of cheerleaders. Four at HS, one at Epcot, three at MK and one football team at MK.

I'm not sure what you are talking about but we had to scan our MB at the beginning of the line and then again at the end to make sure we had FP's. It wasn't on all the rides but definitely the biggest ones. I never saw anyone try to jump from the standby line to the fast pass line. In most cases it is impossible to do.

We were there from 12/5 through 12/16, and in the parks every day. I guess we were just lucky as far as seeing teams.

We used FP every day, and not one time did they have us scan again before boarding. In fact, it’s been over a year since we have had to, and we go often. I am not sure why you had to and we didn’t, but I think it should be done all the time. Maybe it’s because we aren’t big thrill ride fans, if you found it to be only on the big rides. I have personally seen people jump from standby to FP, and without the second scan they get away with it.

I am sorry this happened to you and I do hope you send the email. It probably won’t be much benefit for you personally, but if they get enough complaints maybe they will do something about it.

We were there from 12/5 through 12/16, and in the parks every day. I guess we were just lucky as far as seeing teams.

We used FP every day, and not one time did they have us scan again before boarding. In fact, it’s been over a year since we have had to, and we go often. I am not sure why you had to and we didn’t, but I think it should be done all the time. Maybe it’s because we aren’t big thrill ride fans, if you found it to be only on the big rides. I have personally seen people jump from standby to FP, and without the second scan they get away with it.

I am sorry this happened to you and I do hope you send the email. It probably won’t be much benefit for you personally, but if they get enough complaints maybe they will do something about it.

We were not in the FP line for the Rock n Rollercoaster but the FP line did have to rescan just before they entered the ride. You may be right it could be the rides you go on. I hope you complained to the CM when you saw the person jump from the standby line to the FP line. That is what I would have done. You should also complain to Disney like I have. If you read the post from goofy4tink you would see they had the same problem I did this year. They have been having problems the last 5 years with cheer groups during this week. I will never go back during this week. At one time I think it wasn't such a big problem but I think it is becoming a bigger one since cheerleading is becoming a bigger thing. When I complained to guest services they were not surprised it was a cheerleading group.

Yep, it's happened to me several times. I've had groups of kids say 'Oh, we're trying to reach our group up front'...well, perhaps the polite thing to do would be for the 'group' to wait until everyone is there to get in line. I'm sorry, but these groups are getting out of hand. And the sad thing is that there are polite, well mannered groups out there, but it only takes a couple of bad experiences with the poorly mannered groups to tar the entire group with that same brush! I can see saving a spot for one, maybe two, people. But if someone has to leave the line, then those remaining should allow those behind them to pass by them. When those that left return to the group, the group can then, in it's entirety, continue moving forward.

I agree with you completely. We actually did that several times because my DH could not walk as fast as the rest of us so we would let people in front of us until he got there. After the 11 girls cut the line and the adults got out of the line and several other instances we stopped doing that and just got in line and let him cut in front of everyone else. I hope you complained to guest services and sent an email to Disney. If enough people complain maybe they will do something. I doubt it but they need to hear what we think especially if you go multiple times a year. You are their bread and butter. The address is wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

We were there this year for Pop Warner. Dec 4-8th. We stayed at CR and didn't have an issue at the resort but the parks were different. I agree with goofy4tink. We saw several cheer squads in the parks. They seemed to all go in together. I only saw one football team. Otherwise it was just very crowded. If the football players were in the parks they didn't all come together.

I did have a very bad experience with the cheerleaders. We got in the stand by line for Rock n Rollercoaster behind 3 women. After standing in line for 30 mins suddenly 11 girls cut the line and the women left. When we complained to a CM they told the girl's coach (who was one of the women standing in line) that they couldn't hold a space for that many girls, I asked what was going to be done after this and the CM said their policy is they don't kick people out of line. The coach was rude to us and all the tweens were rude also. They kept staring at us and texting on their phones. I complained to guest services afterward and they gave us a FP for that park which we were unable to use. The guest services person was not surprised about the issue. I plan on emailing Disney and letting them know a slap on the wrist is not an ok policy for people cutting the line. It made us be late for our dining reservation. This is just ridiculous. Has anyone else had an experience like this with these groups?

I'm all for tarring and feathering line cutters. They can glare at me all they want for turning them in as they walk around doing the sticky chicken dance.

Uncle Walt and I have the same birthday, December 5th, so I am always at the parks Pop Warner week. The groups we usually see in the parks are cheer groups. (We never run into them at any of the resorts outside of the value resorts). I am glad they have tried to do away with the organized chanting, but any group of children can be disruptive when they don't have enough chaperones (or the chaperones can't be bothered to pay attention). Normally, with our FPs, it isn't too much of an issue, but if I see them in a standby line, I will just skip it. I wouldn't let it affect your plans, but I did notice last year that the normally slow times were EXTREMELY busy (October to Christmas). I figured it was because Irma affected a lot of people's plans so there were more people there during Pop Warner week that maybe normally aren't there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter