Pop Tarts

Like @tvguy, Pop Tarts were amazing in the 1960s. Not sure what happened. I remember coming back to them in the 90s, probably when my kids wanted them, and they were markedly different--kind of chemical tasting in the filling and not much of it. I would occasionally have one with high hopes but get a little disappointed. I mean they aren't bad at all. I think my favorite flavors are the tradition cherry or grape. Sometimes I'd like to try some of the others but watching my calories, you know??

Used to like the blueberry ones with butter - I don't like the frosted ones & it's impossible to find any without frosting now :(

Used to have them pretty regularly, would buy Sam's Club sized boxes. I stopped buying them when I reallized my wife and kids were eating them as snacks rather than meals. The amount of calories and sugar in something that unfilling means I don't really want it in the house. The wife will occasionally buy a box when on sale at the grocery store now.

I absolutely love Pop Tarts, but I never eat them - to much sugar for me.

When I did eat them, the chocolate fudge, frosted strawberry and frosted blueberry were my favorites.

My mom used to buy them every now and again. It was always unfrosted strawberry or blueberry. We'd heat them up and butter them. I've never had any of the others. I don't buy them now myself.

The special thing about Poptarts is my grandson discovered them (at Grandma's house) when he was 3 and called them lollipops. I always have a box of frosted strawberry in the cupboard just for him. :)

We never eat them toasted.

We always have Pop Tarts in my house. Cherry is my favorite. Cinnamon brown sugar is pretty good too. The kids like chocolate or s'mores. DH loves them all

Used to like the blueberry ones with butter - I don't like the frosted ones & it's impossible to find any without frosting now :(
A kindred spirit! I like the ones without frosting, too, but they're like unicorns. I occasionally find a strawberry, but almost never a blueberry.

I used to like the brown sugar flavor (they definitely needed to be toasted hot) as a kid but unless they start making them GF they will remain a fond memory.

I never had them as a kid. My mom felt they had way too much sugar. In adulthood, they are a treat. I do keep some around for the kids since they go through phases where they love them...and then they don't, and they go stale 🤣 If I'm going to eat them, my faves are frosted chocolate fudge, frosted blueberry, and frosted strawberry.

I don't buy them. My younger ds went thru a phase where he liked the chocolate and brown sugar ones, but he quit eating them. I only like the frosted strawberry. We were on a short road trip a few weeks ago and stopped at a gas station. I did pick up a bag of the frosted strawberry minis. First time in years I have had them. They were tasty.

One of my nieces used to live with us and she was addicted to the frosted pop tarts. I would gingerly pick up the box, open the packet and place in toaster. Then I learned she ate them cold. Ah yes, nothing like sugary cardboard to start your day😆. Eventually, I showed her how to make them from scratch although we never broke the code on the chocolate ones the jam filled versions were fine.
And now she makes them for her daughter. Yep, my evil work is done.

Big fan of the blueberry ones, although now they give me heartburn.

I LOVE Pop-Tarts, but I haven’t had one in a long, long time. I don’t even know what flavors they offer now, but I would want something frosted.

Haven’t had them in years. When I was a kid, there were only maybe 4 or 5 flavors. I had them once in a while, as a treat, always blueberry or strawberry, unfrosted. The ones I see now are too sweet for me, and I would never eat them for breakfast, perhaps as a snack or dessert.

I'm a big fan of Pop-Tarts, with strawberry being my favorite.

Costco will sometimes carry a "case" of Pop-Tarts that contains four, separate boxes. I usually by two of those. I like to snack on them when I'm at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter