PolynesianBride'sPJ 12/6/10 Sunset Pointe- TEASER PICS UP!

ooh it looks wow. It looks so glam but subtle glam, if you get what i mean. The material look lovely. It looks so beautiful and elegant!!

grrrraaggghhhhh... -damn the shops for not letting us take photos!! it would have been so good to see you in it!!

Hello, just caught up with your PJ, everything sounds great, i'm glad you've found your prince after the frog.

I am hoping for Sunset Point in Dec this year, so I'll be able to tell you how windy it is.

Wow, that dress does have the "wow" factor! It's so elegent and glamorous! You will look beautiful in it! Now sneak us some pics lol!:rotfl2:

I just caught up on everything, and I love all the plans you have made so far. I'm a huge fan of the leis and the tropical flowers, it just doesn't fit my location and I am struggling to stay under 50 so 8 is absolutely not possible (my DF and I suffer from what I jokingly call multiple family disorder :rotfl: ). Your dress is absolutely beautiful and perfect for the wedding theme you are going for. Looking forward to following along to more details as things come together.

ooh it looks wow. It looks so glam but subtle glam, if you get what i mean. The material look lovely. It looks so beautiful and elegant!!
grrrraaggghhhhh... -damn the shops for not letting us take photos!! it would have been so good to see you in it!!
Thanks Stacey! I do soooo love the dress but haven't come to grips with the price yet... but it is sooo lovely... the material is so luxurious! I so wish I had pics of the back

the dress looks very elegant!:goodvibes
Thanks Tammy!

Hello, just caught up with your PJ, everything sounds great, i'm glad you've found your prince after the frog.

I am hoping for Sunset Point in Dec this year, so I'll be able to tell you how windy it is.
YAY! I'm glad you found my PJ! I'm excited to have another SP bride reading along! I am really keeping my fingers crossed that you get your date:cheer2:

Wow, that dress does have the "wow" factor! It's so elegent and glamorous! You will look beautiful in it! Now sneak us some pics lol!:rotfl2:
Thanks! I do love the dress but I am going to keep looking for something cheaper... I so wish I had a picture of the back! I have some pics I'm going to post of some other dresses so stay tuned!
I just caught up on everything, and I love all the plans you have made so far. I'm a huge fan of the leis and the tropical flowers, it just doesn't fit my location and I am struggling to stay under 50 so 8 is absolutely not possible (my DF and I suffer from what I jokingly call multiple family disorder :rotfl: ). Your dress is absolutely beautiful and perfect for the wedding theme you are going for. Looking forward to following along to more details as things come together.
Hi Carye! So glad you found my PJ! I love your multiple family disorder:rotfl2:never heard it refered to like that before but it's perfect... not a bad disorder to have- unless you want a small wedding:rotfl: !

so are you going to look around for other dresses just incase you see another one for less price? I think it would be worth looking, even though im sure that the dress is the one for you!

Well I am sitting in the airport getting ready to head back to cold Minnesota from Florida:sad: I had a wonderful week with my parents but now it's back to reality.

So I soooo love the Ramona Keveza dress! I can't stop thinking about it and how lovely it is and how perfect it makes me feel! I feel the dress is appropriate for an encore bride but that I still look like a bride- plus it has a little bit of subtle sexy to it... something perfect for the 2nd time bride... forget the innocence and purity:lmao: That said- it's just WAY more than I intended to spend on a DRESS that I will wear ONCE! I decided I will keep searching for a dress that is more reasonable BUT if I don't find something I love I will get the Ramona Keveza dress:rolleyes: ... on my wedding day I want to feel 100% amazing- not be thinking about a dress that I didn't buy. Although the dress is out of my "budget" I can probably stretch the budget to include it- the "budget" is more so what we want to spend even though we could maybe "afford" more we just don't think it's wise to spend a TON of money on a wedding... we'd rather put a larger down payment on a house. We are paying for the wedding and will be able to pay for it all in cash... we just don't want to go into debt over a wedding which even with this dress we won't- it's just a matter of deciding how important this dress is to me.

I did go back and try on the dress again and took my mom, dad, and aunt with me. This did not help discourage me from spending the money on the dress at all. They loved it. Even my dad who is very frugal said he didn't think I would be able to find something comparable for cheaper:sad2: My aunt (who has very similar taste to me) LOVED it and thought it was very "reasonably" priced:rotfl: She said her step-daughter who just got married got a "steal" on her dress... she said it was a $15,000 Vera Wang dress on "sale" for $4,000... she said she thought it was "normal" to spend several thousand for a wedding gown and the store owner agreed with her (of course:rotfl2: ). Her step-daughter is also somewhat of a TV "celebrity" and has even been on Oprah- so I don't really think our lifestyles compare:lmao:. But then I started to think that maybe my original "budget" was "unrealistic"... so I posted a poll on the main board and it seems that plenty of brides get their dress within my original price range.

So yesterday my mom and I went to another bridal store. This dress had a much better selection of dresses within my price range and I liked them okay but none of them had the WOW factor or made me feel like it was THE dress. However, they did let me take pics! Keep in mind I am very petite so all these dresses are several sizes too big- we did the best we could to hold them back so you could get an idea though...

Dress #1... very simple which I love but no WOW factor whatsoever...
008-1.jpg

and the back was just plain boring...
009.jpg

Dress #2... has the subtle sexy to it but too much clustery jewels...
011.jpg

closer pic of the clustery jewels and pearls...I woudn't mind a little bit of sparkle but this is just too much for me...
010.jpg

The back I like on this dress... but without the clusters of jewels... the way the material flows and how it is low cut is KIND OF similar to the Ramona dress... Note to self- for wedding make sure there is no tan/burn line:rotfl2:
012.jpg

Dress #3... very pretty dress but too poofy... part of it is it's too long but even after being shortened I think it will still be too much dress for me... plus it strikes me as more innocent and I think I want a little bit of sexy.
014.jpg

So definately nothing that I love... I am going to start the search in Minneapolis which will be sad because my mom won't be there but atleast she got to do the first bit with me! I'll let you know how it goes!
013.jpg

i totally agree with what you mean.. you did show us pics of the Keveza dress first!! Those dresses are lovely, but they are not the same as the Keveza dress...(not trying to be bias!). Those dresses do look nice on you, but they dont seem right somehow. I definately understand what kind of dress and shape of dress you are looking for (well like the Keveza dress), and those dresses just wernt that. But you have an amazing shape so any type of slim dress will suit you.

Keep looking!! You never know what you might find! :flower3:

You look so beautiful in those gowns!! The one with all the jewels/beading is so elegant and beautiful on you, but I imagine you'd look gorgeous in nearly anything you tried. I hope you will find "the one" -- remember that this is the most special day of your life and you will only get the chance to wear your dream gown once. I have always told my friends when they were shopping that they should choose something they couldn't wear to another event, a once in a lifetime dress, their dream gown, not something they'd wear to a black-tie affair (assuming they ever go to those things).

Your ideas for the invitations and the leis and the ring presentation are all so wonderful and unique. I can't wait to see how your planning goes. :thumbsup2

you do look beautiful in those gowns! You will find the one:goodvibes , keeping looking and enjoy! keep us posted.... good luck

at least you have some time to keep looking right? If your not 100% happy then you have to keep looking or buy the dream dress... Your DF is so sweet to tell you that your should buy the Ramona dress. I'm sure whatever you pick will look great, I love the T back of #2 by the way, I've never seen a wedding dress back like that, it's so pretty!

Hi Ladies! Thanks for all your kind words you are all too sweet! Sorry I have been MIA- this week. I came home from Florida to all sorts of work drama. The week before Christmas the hospital I work for laid off 380 employees (about 125 of which were nurses). Apparently they haven't heard of the NURSING SHORTAGE!

Anyways it's a union hospital and the lay-offs go completely by seniority and I narrowly made it through those lay-offs. Even though I still had a job I had started looking because even though I love my actual job I disagree with how the hospital is being managed and feel the upper management is making some poor decisions that are adversely affecting patient care. (Examples of this mismanagement include too much focus on expansion- ie buying up tons of urgent care centers and continuing to build a new hospital when they can't even afford to pay their current employees and the CEO taking a 1.6 million dollar bonus the same month that they decide they need to lay off employees right before Christmas!:mic: )

So I could go on forever about that but when I got home Friday I learned that they now plan to lay-off 50 more nurses next week!:scared: (So much for that expensive dress I was eyeing:lmao: ) Plus I came home to 2 e-mails telling me I had not gotten jobs that I had applied for:sad:. I had one interview set up for Tuesday for a job I didn't really want (it's more of a management type position:crazy2: which I wouldn't like because what I love about my job is patient care)but I was worried I would have to hope I got the position anyways and fake my way through the interview pretending I wanted the job! Luckily Monday I got a call from another app I had put in and set up an interview for today.

Both interviews went really well actually and the initial job (Tues interview) wasn't even as bad as I thought. But luckily I got offers from both jobs:cool1: So I accepted the offer for the interview I had today and I am really excited about the job. I was currently working as an ER nurse but I have ICU experience as well. My new job is a Rapid Response Team Nurse... which is a new role for me but will use both my ER and ICU experience. My job is basically to go where ever the sickest patient is... I respond to all the codes but the idea is that the floor nurses will call me before the patient codes and my job is to go and attempt to stabilize the patient thus preventing the code. (for those of you who aren't medical...code= no heartbeat or not breathing= bad). It's a bit of an intimidating job but I'm up for the challenge:thumbsup2

So long story short... I can now resume with wedding planning (and continue with my dreams of ridiculously overpriced wedding dresses:rotfl2: ) now that my bank account is more secure:goodvibes

yay for you being offered jobs so quickly!! thats really good!!
Thanks Stacey! I feel really blessedpixiedust: to have landed such a great job so quickly. Now I'm sending somepixiedust: Wayne's way!
YEAH! Someone that speaks my language! I've been in EMS for 12 years and my mom still can't tell military time!!! :lmao: Congratulations on the job!
YAY for someone else who speaks in medical terminology:hyper:! Even my alarm clock is set to military time (otherwise when I'm half asleep I get confused if it's day or night:lmao:)

ooh thanks for the pixiedust: ... we really need it- the UK is getting really bad with people being laid off and loosing their jobs!! :guilty:

Lay offs suck! But yay for getting a replacement so soon. I understand the out of work thing, my fiance has a little part time job, but is looking for a better job and the market is tough right now, we just keep looking.

I think the dress situation will have a way of working itself out, the Romona dress is beautiful, maybe you could take a cue from Lurkyloo and check to see if you could find it wholesale on ebay.

Plans are sounding great...keep up the good work!:goodvibes

Adelia,

Hello!! I just stumbled on your PJ today from Toni's!! I am enjoying reading about all your plans. I really love the tropical theme and the flowers and just everything that you are choosing!! I think that Sunset Pointe looks gorgeous!! :flower3: If we could do it with just 8 people, I would have it there too!! I was also excited to see that you and your DF are nurses...I graduated with my BSN in 2006, but unfortunately have had problems passing my boards. I am currently studying, but have found myself getting more and more discouraged...anyways, not to hijack your PJ, but if you have any tips for me, please PM me, I would appreciate it!! By the way, if you hop over to my PJ I apologize, I am WAY behind in updating it, but I am planning on doing that right away!!! Look forward to hearing more!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter