Polynesian Question...Tikiman, Can you help me?

obsessed

Earning My Ears
I am staying at the Poly with my family. I know that there is not a gym at the Poly. What I would like to know is if I can use any other gym maybe GF?

I have lost 30 lbs on WW and hope to lose 10 more by the time I get to WDW next month. What I didn't know when I booked the hotel was that if I want to eat ( and I love to eat) and enjoy the PS I have booked, I will have to work out. I am really worried about gaining weight and also about falling off the exercise wagon.

I am willing to wake up early if only I can get onto an elliptical for 1/2 hour to 1 hour per day. I know the walking will help me, but I really need that elliptical.

Anybody have any ideas? Do you think a letter to the Poly might cause a little pixie dust to come my way?

The only reason I lost the weight was to enjoy my vacation and I would hate to let that get in the way of my good time now!

Thanks for any suggetions.

I think you can pay for the week to use the gym at the Grand Floridian. You might have to go directly to the spa section of the GF which is a pleasant walk from the Polynesian a little after the Wedding Pavillion. It is a separate building from the rest of the GF. If I'm not mistaken it may only cost $45 for the week. But please don't quote me. I hope you stay on track! I, too, am on WW and have lost 15 lbs. after my 20 pregnancy pounds, but I have a lot more to go. I just want to lose ten more pounds by August!!! I'm also planning on getting up early and using the gym at the Wilderness Lodge villas. I don't want to fall off the wagon either! Lots of luck to you!!!!!!

I joined the gym at boardwalk for this reason but discovered that walking 8 miles in the parks and running to all the bus stops:p was plenty of exercise. I ended up getting a refund. I did walk in and use the gyms scale a few times also the scale at BC gym and found by just being reasonable eating a few treats and counting point for the rest of it I lost 2 pounds. I think you will regret working out and then walking so much but we are kind of commando in the aprks and really do run to all bus stops LOL so do what works for you.

I was at the Polynesian last summer with my son and his girlfriend. They wanted to be able to work out so we paid for the family plan for the week that we were there. This cost about $40 and entitled you to use the GF health club and spa for the entire period. (Spa treatments of course are not included in this fee) I used both the stationary bike and the elliptical machine. I would get up early, about 6 AM and jog to the spa. It's a short distance and the sunrises at that time were beautiful. I also did this every morning because I had lost some weight and didn't want to spoil things by not exercising the whole time. Once you pay for the fee for the week, you can also use the hot tub, sauna, steam room and the shower and locker facilities. It is a great place. Hope you enjoy it.

I just wanted to say congrats! 30 lbs, wow! I desperately need to lose weight from 2 pregnancies. I have 2 1/2 months until my vacation. You have inspired me to give ww a try!

I feel so much more relaxed now knowing that I can continue to work out. I have some great PS's and would love to be able to have a glass (or two) on some of the nights as well as a taste of dessert. Being able to work out will really help me out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter