*POLL* What are your plans if affected by Disney Closure?

If affected by March Closure or COVID-19 in general- What are your plans? Cancel? Postpone?

• Cancel without reschedule

Votes: 51 15.8%
  • Reschedule to April or May

Votes: 19 5.9%
  • Reschedule to June or July

Votes: 44 13.6%
  • Reschedule to Aug or Sept

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • Reschedule to Oct or Nov

Votes: 44 13.6%
  • Reschedule to December or Jan

Votes: 24 7.4%
  • I have no idea what we're going to do

Votes: 85 26.3%
  • Other - can add additional info in comments

Votes: 14 4.3%

• Total voters
I had just booked a surprise birthday trip for my youngest on April 29th when things started to go badly. If we can't go, we won't reschedule because I need my big kids to be in school so I can escape with the littlest one. However, we are planning a family trip in November 2021 as long as our financial situation remains steady. Hubby works in hotels so things are not great for anyone in hospitality. Fingers crossed.

I'm booked for mid-april for star wars. If even the race is cancelled I'm not going and will be back for marathon weekend. Though I might see if I could find anyway into W&D (never done it and might give me an excuse) - I know regular bibs are sold out but might check chariety or TA route.

I'm booked June 7th to 19th. I'm cautiously optimistic that everything will be OK by then but I'll be monitoring the situation closely.

I'm waiting to see if WDW or any other big venues, SCHOOL included actually open when they say they will.
I am leaning at rebooking for next year only because my grandson starts kindergarten in the fall and can't see taking him out of school this fall or early winter.

We have trips planned for end of April, July and November so I do feel fortunate to have some options this year. We are waiting to see how things are in a month and also if the Canadian government changes the travel advisory. If we have to cancel the end of April we may try to extend one of the other trips, we bought annual passes this year specifically as a surprise for the kids so we could really do a lot of Disney as a family. Fingers crossed that we all stay healthy and safe and life returns to normal soon.

My trip is supposed to start April 6. I am 90% sure they won't have reopened by then.

I had just registered for the 5k and 10k Wine&Dine weekend races so I was already going in November so I guess I'll just have that.

Rescheduled our trip from March 22-29 to April 19-27. We live a few miles down the road from the parks and the family was devastated. I can't imagine what some of you guys that have a whole ordeal to get to Disney are going through.

Thanks... we are still in a bit of shock... so strange and surreal with all that is going on. important thing is we and our families are healthy.. knock on wood... but.... we are all really disappointed! We were traveling from Minneapolis for SB on 3/26 to 4/5 after a rough winter of hectic work and school schedules. Got to get the airline tix switched and car rental canceled.

We were Looking forward to a college tour at UCF for our 15 year old son (a would-be future imagineer), a visit with the inlaws on the coast and chance to introduce kids to some family they have yet to meet and plenty of time to hit WDW for 7 days after for the first time since 2016 with great FP times and ADRs, a MK DAH, stay at skyliner resort and lots of family mornings spent ROTR BP practicing. Was going to be sooooo fun and was almost here. Sad face...

We have rescheduled for Thanksgiving week, but its so far out and right now Im just not feelin it... AT ALL.... Finding it hard to get excited and in the mood to plan for a TG/Christmas time trip after the awesome Spring Break and Flower and Garden time plans we had above... I know it will be really nice and it will be our first holiday season trip...

We just need some time. Just Way Too soon to switch gears... in the mean time I should probably go buy some wipes and TP... 😉
stay healthy everyone!

We have two trips booked: May 29th thru June 10th and August 29th through September 7th. I'm being optimistic that the parks will reopen before May 29th. If not, we will combine the two trips and take a 3 week vacation starting August 29th. Of course that means we'll have to buy an annual pass but that means when we go next year for gay days, we'll be able to get a room only as well...

My friend and I are scheduled for end of April, with final payment due end of March. At this time we are in a holding pattern, will see what they are doing end of this month before I commit the final $1400.

My plan is for April 20-May 1st. That's well after the "end of March", but I'm still waiting. My company is saying that anyone travelling outside of Canada should "self-isolate for 14 days" but I'm not sure how they'd ever enforce that, but I'm not piping up about it just yet. I don't even know how long that policy will be for.

I don't think I'm committed to paying anything just yet. I can get a refund on plane tickets.

we all ready had a trip for December 2020 so i canceled our tip for march we will now go fall of 2021 for the trip we lost

I have a trip planned for mid May. If WDW is not open by then I will reschedule but I am not sure when I would go. I also have a family trip in August so there is that to look forward to hopefully.

I voted "reschedule to Oct or Nov" but, technically, our October trip was already scheduled before any of this occurred. We might consider adding a trip between July and September (dreading the heat, though) if things have improved enough to make that feasible. But we're more likely to just wait until the October visit and then look to 2021.

I have 42 points to bank before May 1st. Right now, I think we'll probably do that. If we do end up going back before September, we'll have to cut our stay a little short since those 42 points won't be available until after September if we bank them. But the more likely scenario is that we'll wait until after September before heading back, so we'll have all of our points available to use and all but 42 of them we have until April 2021 to bank if needed. So considering the circumstances, we're in a pretty good place in terms of point management, even if we have to cancel October.

We have a fair amount of flexibility in our schedule, and would be looking for 1BR (and willing to upgrade to 2BR if that was the only thing available) so, even if availability becomes tight in 2021, I think we'll be able to find something. We'd also be open to a stay at Hilton Head or Aulani if those were the only options available.

I'm determined to keep a positive outlook. We are all incredibly blessed to have the ability to take expensive vacations to Disney World and other locations. Yes, it will suck if we end up losing out on going a year, even potentially losing that year's DVC points, but a lot of people have it a lot worse. I've had to be resilient and overcome much worse adversity in the past. Putting things into perspective, not getting to go to WDW this year is not that hard to cope with.

We are trying really hard to find our happy hearts; our trip was scheduled for 3/29-4/4, and my family is really bummed. We would definitely like to reschedule our trip, but since DS #1 is headed to college in the fall, and DS #2 will be sophomore in high school, this summer is really the only option we have.

All schools in my state are cancelled through April 5. Since no one really knows what will unfold, I think scheduling a June trip might be a little premature for us. I want to be sure WDW is up and running and I want to be sure of the end of our local school district's school year. I don't know if students will be expected to make up days in June? My heart can't take cancelling a second WDW trip in one year! :scared: I'm hoping a July trip will be the sweet spot for us...well after the end of the school year, yet enough time before high school and college start for my guys?

I wish peace and health to all the Dis folks here, and I hope those who choose to reschedule their WDW trips have a wonderfully magical trip!

Not booking a thing until this all settles down and *actual* facts are reported directly from Disney. No speculation or hope, actual facts.

This is unprecedented. Things change every day with every update. It will be weeks, maybe months until anyone knows for sure. For now, not planning anything and I'm really OK with that. I'm in no hurry to go on vacation.

All schools in my state are cancelled through April 5. Since no one really knows what will unfold, I think scheduling a June trip might be a little premature for us. I want to be sure WDW is up and running and I want to be sure of the end of our local school district's school year. I don't know if students will be expected to make up days in June?

I wish peace and health to all the Dis folks here, and I hope those who choose to reschedule their WDW trips have a wonderfully magical trip!

Honestly, I can’t imagine schools won’t expect missed days to be made up in June. In my state, teacher contracts expire 6/30, so we won’t go into July, but we’ve definitely had years when bad weather (snow, tornado) or facilities issues (construction, ceiling collapsed) caused extensions right to the end. We’ve already been informed that if our current closures go past March, we will lose spring break (week after Easter here) because I assume we’re getting too close to the end of June as is. The governor signed a measure to exempt schools from the 180 day requirement, but I think that will be for schools that CAN’T fit them in, not for ones that want to start the summer vacation on time. I think how late your kids will go will depend on what the teacher contract allows in your area.

And I agree, rescheduling twice in a year sucks. DD and I were going in November, but my mom got really sick, so I had to cancel to be with her. Our trip is now mid-May, and I’ve got my fingers crossed. DD starts kindergarten in the fall, and I don’t want to pull her out, but I also don’t want to deal with the insane heat of Orlando in the summer.

We have reservations for the end of May. We will hold on to them for now. If we need to cancel, I guess we will look at either Thanksgiving or Christmas break.

Stay well everyone!

Not booking a thing until this all settles down and *actual* facts are reported directly from Disney. No speculation or hope, actual facts.

This is unprecedented. Things change every day with every update. It will be weeks, maybe months until anyone knows for sure. For now, not planning anything and I'm really OK with that. I'm in no hurry to go on vacation.

Yep. Absolutely right. This will be a prolonged closure. Keep and eye on the news, keep your families safe, safe and entertained. We will get through this and hopefully still have a Disney to return to.

Was scheduled to go to Hawaii at the end of the month, but we love that trip (go every year) and didn't want to go if it wasn't going to be great so we rescheduled for September. Then we booked our timeshare in Orlando for the 28th-4th before hearing of the closure. Wasn't specifically a Disney trip, but we definitely would have gone while there. Current plan is to still go down and just lay by our resort pool as long as nothing else changes drastically. If Orlando pulls a Illinois/Ohio and closes restaurants and bars through the end of that timeframe, we'll cancel because there's really no point. If they don't, then we'll go and enjoy the pool and restaurants and drive out to the beach and then will plan a long weekend Disney trip as soon as they announce a reopening, hoping for Memorial Day wknd as I have the Friday and Monday off work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter