Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
in less than 12 hours my hubby felt like poop, around 15 he started running a fever, achy, no appetite (which is pretty serious for him 🤭) the next day was a complete right off, he was tired and felt like he'd be run over by a truck. By dinner time he started to feel better, managed to sleep thru the night and woke up the next day feeling fine. So all totalled maybe 36 hours. Me? Sore arm and it oddly felt numb to my fingers, swollen lymph node under that arm for about 2 days. Today marks 2 weeks for us!

ETA WE had the AZ jab at a Rexall
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had some numbness. It only lasted a few hours but was a bit concerning since it wasn't listed as a side effect.

in less than 12 hours my hubby felt like poop, around 15 he started running a fever, achy, no appetite (which is pretty serious for him 🤭) the next day was a complete right off, he was tired and felt like he'd be run over by a truck. By dinner time he started to feel better, managed to sleep thru the night and woke up the next day feeling fine. So all totalled maybe 36 hours. Me? Sore arm and it oddly felt numb to my fingers, swollen lymph node under that arm for about 2 days. Today marks 2 weeks for us!

ETA WE had the AZ jab at a Rexall

Thanks for sharing this. Although we haven’t heard of any serious side effects from anyone we know yet, my husband and I decided we will book our appointments on separate days, just in case, for the sake of our kids.

Super jealous. I'm on like 6 waitlists here in Surrey for AZ! Hoping to get a call/email soon.

Same here. I'm probably on 10 different wait lists near home (Cloverdale) and work (Port Coquitlam). Seems like the thing to do if you really want to go quickly may be to find small pharmacies outside the big chains that may not have as many people searching for them online. Or wait a bit and see if these wait lists actually work.

My sister in law had a handful of friends get the shot in Toronto yesterday and just messaged me to say most of them were feeling pretty rough after ( headaches , body aches , chills etc) . She suggested to start with Tylenol or Advil this evening to get ahead of it a bit .
I almost feel bad mentioning that because I don’t want to scare anyone away from getting a vaccine . But I suppose a day of feeling awful after the shot is far preferable to feeling awful from Covid .

Last edited:
My sister in law had a handful of friends get the shot in Toronto yesterday and just messaged me to say most of them were feeling pretty rough after ( headaches , body aches , chills etc) . She suggested to start with Tylenol or Advil this evening to get ahead of it a bit .
I almost feel bad mentioning that because I don’t want to scare anyone away from getting a vaccine . But I suppose a day of feeling awful after the shot is far preferable to feeling awful from Covid .

I totally expected side effects. I think most people probably go into it thinking that there will be some sort of reaction.

I'm expecting to feel like this, and hoping not. But I do agree that one day of feeling bad is better than covid for sure! Plus, working from home, I haven't used any of my sick leave, or very little of it any way (and yes I know I am lucky to have sick leave to use) so if I am not feeling well I will take a day off. But hopefully I won't have to.

AZ yesterday as well. Sore arm was the only symptom until I went to bed and then I started to run a low grade fever, had chills on and off all night, and now I have a wicked headache but that's likely from lack of sleep. Arm is still really sore.

Oh well, not complaining at all though, SUPER glad I got it!

Interesting poll and response. Seems like very few got Moderna (I'm one of few).
Good that they lowered the AZ age so that more people can get vaccinated.

AstraZeneca late yesterday. Very sore arm, wicked headache. I had to open the window last night because I was too hot. Not sure if it was fever or night sweats :rotfl: I'm thinking it was the later. DH says he feels great. We both didn't sleep well last night. It is unusual for me NOT to sleep well, so that might be part of why I have a headache too.

But other than that...no other symptoms. My timmy's steeped tea tasted fantastic...so my taste and smell are still in tact :flower:

Same here. I'm probably on 10 different wait lists near home (Cloverdale) and work (Port Coquitlam). Seems like the thing to do if you really want to go quickly may be to find small pharmacies outside the big chains that may not have as many people searching for them online. Or wait a bit and see if these wait lists actually work.
We're in Cloverdale too! On several lists around here and Langley. Then a friend told me about a small pharmacy in Delta (120th and 84th) but when I checked they had ONE appt left, this Friday at 2:30 (when my kids are getting out of school). Sigh. So I'm on the waitlist there too 😬 My husband works in Richmond but hasn't joined any waitlists there.

If anyone in Ontario is in the 45+ age group and still considering waiting for either Pfizer or Moderna, don't do it! My health unit is way out in front of any other area of the country, we're at 28% of eligible adults receiving at least one shot but I pre-registered on March 9th because I'm in an at risk category. I still haven't heard back from the health unit with my booking code. The possibility of the wait becoming even longer once they shift the priority of vaccines is growing by the day. I jumped on the websites of every location within driving distance the day it dropped to 55+ and in 2 days we both got poked.
Please don't wait, do your (credible science based) research, talk to your primary medical team if you need to and then get the first vaccine you can find!

Last edited:
Got my Pfizer shot 7:30 last night. Barely felt the needle and nothing more than a very minor soreness at injection site (they poked me within my smallpox vaccine scar).
Brother got AZ a couple weeks back and had the fever, chills, etc others are reporting but gone by the next morning.

Side effects seem to be lifting. I was really sick from about 8:30 last night until about 3:30 today. Fever got as high as 102. It’s been pretty miserable. But short lived.
I had my shot at 1:15 . By 3:00 I wanted to lay my head down anywhere I could and I felt achey. Took some Advil and I’m feeling better now . Nothing as bad as you felt , but I definitely felt it coming .
I’m glad you are starting to feel better . I’ll stay on top of the Tylenol and Advil tonight .

Got my AZ today, and DH got his Pfizer at the same time (my drive was 5 minutes, his was 30 min, I win ha!). The pharmacist who gave me the shot said to stay off the pain meds tonight, to wait until tomorrow so that nothing interferes with the immune response building up. Weird no one else was told this?!? Now I'm PARANOID I'm going to get a doozey of a headache...

Anyways, now we're going to compare symptoms and see the differences. Both of us are thinking the kids should make dinner though ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter