Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
Well nuts, my Ds13 just got refused his second dose AT HIS BOOKED SECOND DOSE APPOINTMENT!!! You'd think they'd contact you saying you needed to reschedule, instead of having a parent drive the kid to the hospital, park, wait, to be told no, we're not going to honour the appointment that was booked through your own booking system online. Not like this was a pop-up clinic where you didn't book an appointment, sheesh. When did they randomly change it to 8 weeks again for 12-17 in York Region??? I'm so confused...

This is what the York Region website says, ...

On June 25, the Province announced that beginning Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 8 a.m., youth aged 12 to 17 who live in a Delta hot spot are eligible to book an accelerated second dose appointment.

York Region is working to align with the updated provincial approach; however the Region will not yet be expanding eligibility of second doses for those age 12 to 17 beyond eight weeks at this time (with certain exceptions including youth with identified high-risk health conditions, essential workers who cannot work from home and Indigenous youth).

We are seeking additional information from the Ministry, as their original recommendations was to extend the interval for second doses for youth to 56 days (8 weeks). Accelerated second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine for those age 12 to 17, are available through the provincial booking system and participating pharmacies

Waiting for a second dose until mid-July 2021 still allows enough time for children and youth to be vaccinated with both doses before the 2021-2022 school year begins in September 2021.

The priority continues to be administering first doses – for youth and for the remaining adults who have yet to be vaccinated.

-------------
The province just announced,
"Ontario is moving up the timeline when it comes to second doses for all children and youth between the ages of 12 and 17.

Starting Monday, July 5 at 8 a.m., those individuals will be eligible to book an accelerated second dose appointment to receive the Pfizer vaccine, either through the provincial booking system, directly through their public health unit or through participating pharmacies."

So, perhaps York will adjust soon.

Last edited:
This is what the York Region website says, ...

On June 25, the Province announced that beginning Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 8 a.m., youth aged 12 to 17 who live in a Delta hot spot are eligible to book an accelerated second dose appointment.

York Region is working to align with the updated provincial approach; however the Region will not yet be expanding eligibility of second doses for those age 12 to 17 beyond eight weeks at this time (with certain exceptions including youth with identified high-risk health conditions, essential workers who cannot work from home and Indigenous youth).

We are seeking additional information from the Ministry, as their original recommendations was to extend the interval for second doses for youth to 56 days (8 weeks). Accelerated second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine for those age 12 to 17, are available through the provincial booking system and participating pharmacies

Waiting for a second dose until mid-July 2021 still allows enough time for children and youth to be vaccinated with both doses before the 2021-2022 school year begins in September 2021.

The priority continues to be administering first doses – for youth and for the remaining adults who have yet to be vaccinated.

-------------
The province just announced,
"Ontario is moving up the timeline when it comes to second doses for all children and youth between the ages of 12 and 17.

Starting Monday, July 5 at 8 a.m., those individuals will be eligible to book an accelerated second dose appointment to receive the Pfizer vaccine, either through the provincial booking system, directly through their public health unit or through participating pharmacies."

So, perhaps York will adjust soon.

Yes, the only way to book that age was through the Ontario website choosing “Cornell”. But York released twitter announcement today:

”#YorkRegion will be releasing approximately 25,000 COVID-19 vaccine appointments on Monday, July 5 at 8:00am for individuals 12+ who,live, work or go to school in York Region and are Looking to book their first dose or who are looking to book an accelerated second dose.“

I found the best, most accurate info by following York Regionon Twitter. They did post awhile back that they were originally sticking to 8 weeks for 12-17, but I think it was to take care of the backlog of adult appointments. The region is currently sitting at second dose vaccination of 49 percent! 👏👍 Monday is your day!

We all got our second dose, Pfizer, on Tuesday - it was 6 weeks for DH and I, 4 weeks for DS (13), in NB. That leaves DD, 11, unvaccinated, and she will remain unvaccinated unfortunately, even if it becomes available. So it'll be interesting to see how that will affect traveling down the road once a shot is open for her age group. I do plan to get a letter from her doctor explaining why she's not vaccinated, but not sure if that will help.

We all got our second dose, Pfizer, on Tuesday - it was 6 weeks for DH and I, 4 weeks for DS (13), in NB. That leaves DD, 11, unvaccinated, and she will remain unvaccinated unfortunately, even if it becomes available. So it'll be interesting to see how that will affect traveling down the road once a shot is open for her age group. I do plan to get a letter from her doctor explaining why she's not vaccinated, but not sure if that will help.

There are always going to be people who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons. There always have been and those letters from doctors have sufficed. I'm sure it will continue to be that way in the future.

I have a niece who suffered a severe reaction as a baby to a vaccination and has never had any subsequent vaccinations. She travelled the world with her doctors' notes and didn't have any issues.

There are always going to be people who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons. There always have been and those letters from doctors have sufficed. I'm sure it will continue to be that way in the future.

I have a niece who suffered a severe reaction as a baby to a vaccination and has never had any subsequent vaccinations. She travelled the world with her doctors' notes and didn't have any issues.

I was just thinking quarantine, like how right now anyone with unvaccinated kids traveling internationally have to quarantine for 2 weeks.

Kingston PHU released a lot of appointments this morning!

We're booked in for a week from today for shot #2 of Pfizer! If you don't have an appointment yet, today seems like a good day to get one,

Nice! 👍🏻

Did you go with the same arm as before or the other side? Curious what others are doing
I went with the same arm my not main arm. I am left handed so both were in my right arm even though I do alot right handed.

Nice! 👍🏻

Did you go with the same arm as before or the other side? Curious what others are doing

I had to go with the same arm, I had all the nodes removed from under my right arm 15 years ago and since then I am not allowed to have blood pressure taken or any needles given in that arm.

Youngest ds now has his second shot. Everyone in our home who wants a shot is vaccinated!!! It just makes me feel good to know that everyone we know and spend time with in our family circle has received their immunizations. With restrictions fully lifted in Alberta....life feel normal again!!!!!!

Cold sores are from a virus that always lives in your body ( after you contract it). They flare up when the immune system is weakened from stress or illness or fatigue etc . It makes sense that your immune system is weakened from creating a response to the vaccine.

Cold sores are from a virus that always lives in your body ( after you contract it). They flare up when the immune system is weakened from stress or illness or fatigue etc . It makes sense that your immune system is weakened from creating a response to the vaccine.
I'm choosing to see this as a positive that my body is responding to the vaccine, ergo, is too busy to notice that feisty cold sore virus. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter