Points Transfer Question

softballmom3

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I've been reading some of the past posts and want to make sure I have this correct. I need additional points for a reservation this year. If I receive a transfer of points from another DVC member they retain their home resort and UY correct? Does that mean if I received BWV points and my home resort contract is SSR, I can still book BWV outside of the 7 month mark? I read on one of the threads if it is outside the 7 month mark I would have to call in the reservation. Any insight from those in the know is appreciated.

The online system does not seem to work during the home resort window and you need to call to book or modify with those points.

You also need to be sure that the BWV points you got would be valid for your trip, based on the UY of those points, without needing to borrow them.

For example, if you wanted to travel in May 2025, you can’t get Aug 2025 point since those won’t be valid for trips before Aug 1st.

Thank you all! I'm still hesitant to do the transfer, but maybe we will ;). It's cheaper to get a transfer, but I can also buy one time use points to get what we need too!

The online system does not seem to work during the home resort window and you need to call to book or modify with those points.

You also need to be sure that the BWV points you got would be valid for your trip, based on the UY of those points, without needing to borrow them.

For example, if you wanted to travel in May 2025, you can’t get Aug 2025 point since those won’t be valid for trips before Aug 1st.
Ok, one more question. My UY is Feb. I've already used my Feb points. If I get a transfer from someone that has a Sept UY and these are their Sept 2024 points, would I be ok for a Dec 2024 reservation?

Ok, one more question. My UY is Feb. I've already used my Feb points. If I get a transfer from someone that has a Sept UY and these are their Sept 2024 points, would I be ok for a Dec 2024 reservation?

Yes, because those points are good for a Dec 2024 trip. It would count as your one and only 2024 transfer.

Just be aware that before doing the transfer, you best make sure that you have a chance of getting a BWV room. You mention possibly using the BWV points for a Dec 2024 trip. That is the highest DVC demand month of the year at WDW, e.g., already standard view and boardwalk view studios are mostly gone for the month, and pool/garden view are gone for about the half the month and will likely be mostly disappearing soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter