POFQ being refurbished, should I change my reservation?

Martini Mom

Earning My Ears
I just received an email from Disney letting me know that the POFQ will be under refurbishment during our May trip. I don't think I would have booked there if I had known that. What would you do?? Should I try to change my reservation to POR? We have never stayed at POFQ, I was really excited to check it out!

I am booked at POFQ for December so I follow the thread marcyleecorgan referred to. They are refurbishing the rooms one building at a time. Building 2 is finished and they started on bldg 3. They start on the upper floor and go down. It's a light refurb like they did at Pop (floor, linens, mattress, extra outlets, etc.) so no heavy work and noise. They also close the floors where they do the work and make sure you don't have any work done over your head.

Personally, I would still go. By May they should be done with both bldg 2 and 3 so you could request a room in one of those by sending them a fax a few days before your trip. Also check this website for more info: http://www.portorleans.org

Hi OP: My husband and I just came home from our first trip to POFQ. We stayed in a newly refurbished room in bldg. 2. It had never been used before. I was surprised that I loved the refurb look. The wood laminate floors are nice; the new beds are great, the new dresser is bigger, and the new tv is much bigger that the old ones. The bathroom is still small but has a rainfall shower head which is nice. The bath counters are nice. There are little FQ touches, but nothing shouts at you.
While we were there they were reburbing bldg. 3 right across from our room. It was no problem at all. If you are a daily napper, they do run their machines during the day so there might be some noise. They have to refurbish sometime. I am a light sleeper and the noise did not bother me at all.

I would not hesitate to stay at POFQ at all. It is absolutely beautiful, and the reburbishing is non-intrusive. If you are worried about being close to a bldg. being refurbed, just request bldg. 5, 6 or 7. I don't believe they have started on bldg. one yet.

This refurb is not like the one at CB or CS at all, just rooms being remodeled and updated. Hope this helps:)

I don’t think you’ll need to change resorts. We stayed at POR and most recently PoP during refurb. Had no impact on our visit.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think we will stay put. I am excited to stay at a resort I haven't stayed in before! I can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter