• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast - Why so fast?

middlesista

Mouseketeer
I just started listening to podcasts and the information is great - I love listening as I drive. With that said - what is it with speed talking that seems to run rampant in just about all the podcasts? Once in awhile there will be someone that does speak at a normal pace and it is a wonderful thing. Maybe it is just me but I find it difficult to follow along at times when folks are speaking rapidly and I end up switching channels to try and find another Disney Podcast where the folks are not speaking so rapidly.

Know that the information and the time that is spent researching and gathering information is much appreciated but please slow your speaking down a bit so all the wonderful content you share with your listeners can be understood.

Thank you,
A new podcast listener

Last edited:
Could also slow them down Abit in the player. I have not had this issue but I guess I speak kinda fast also. Compared to southern drawl I guess they could be fast.. I'm not to sure.

Hi folks - thanks for your feedback. From New England so no southern drawl here 😊. I listen to podcasts via iPhone over radio in car and not sure if there are settings that would affects speed of sound delivery but will check Youtube as suggested.

Son of a gun and oops to me. On youtube the pace of the speech is fine - not fast at all. So now to figure out how to fix this on my iPhone/car radio! Thanks folks and my apologies.
Hey we can all learn something new! If you open up the podcast itself, you’ll see this at the bottom:
If that is 1.5x or 2x, you’re listening to an accelerated speed. Hope that fixes it for you!

No "oops" necessary, @middlesista ! I'm sure we've all done either the same thing, or something similar, and at least you were smart enough to ask for help, and brave enough to admit it. And maybe somebody else can learn from you. So - thank you for sharing! And thank you to all that helped. I think that's great!

Hey we can all learn something new! If you open up the podcast itself, you’ll see this at the bottom:
View attachment 477222
If that is 1.5x or 2x, you’re listening to an accelerated speed. Hope that fixes it for you!

I had no clue that there was a way to control the speed!! I was driving around for week ( yes weeks) straining to understand - duh me!🙄

thanks again folks for being understanding and supportive. I was able to make the “fix” thus making listening to the podcasts a wonderful thing. 😊

I had no clue that there was a way to control the speed!! I was driving around for week ( yes weeks) straining to understand - duh me!🙄

thanks again folks for being understanding and supportive. I was able to make the “fix” thus making listening to the podcasts a wonderful thing. 😊
Yay! Glad that it was an easy fix! I only figured that out when, one day, I was listening to Dis Unplugged and out of nowhere, the speed picked up. I didn't even touch my phone! But suddenly Craig and Corey sounded like chipmunks! LOL That was just bizarre.

On the other hand, I have on occasion purposely put it on 1.5x to get through it faster. It’s good if they’re on a topic I don’t really care about but don’t want to totally skip either.

I'm sure we've all done either the same thing, or something similar, and at least you were smart enough to ask for help, and brave enough to admit it. And maybe somebody else can learn from you. So - thank you for sharing! And thank you to all that helped. I think that's great!

I originally thought they were talking about if some of the team were physically speaking fast (which I've been accused of being from PA/NJ region). Glad they figured it out with help!

I originally thought they were talking about if some of the team were physically speaking fast (which I've been accused of being from PA/NJ region). Glad they figured it out with help!
Yeah - somebody just yesterday AGAIN accused me of "having a New Jersey accent". :) (which, everybody from NJ agrees I DON'T, I have more of probably a Brooklyn accent, if anything, but everybody OUT of this area identifies it as "Jersey") Guess that means I probably talk fast too. :) Or should I say I TAWK fast? ;)

NJ isn't an accent. Any accent is either Brooklyn/LI or southern NJ which is a Phili/PA accent. Real NJ is basically from Trenton and north.

Didn't know there was a speed adjustment. I just wish the podcasts were longer. I love listening to everyone!

NJ isn't an accent. Any accent is either Brooklyn/LI or southern NJ which is a Phili/PA accent. Real NJ is basically from Trenton and north.
I spent 30+ years in Bergen County, so definitely "from Trenton and north".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter