Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

Just wanted to remind folks that there is an advantage to booking your next cruise while on board, most notably a 10% savings and an OBC.

You may want to do some advanced planning right now by looking at the various DCL itineraries and deciding what dates work best for you. Then you can get an idea of prices ahead of time to determine if shifting a cruise a month (or week) either way produces a good savings. Make a note of which cruises you are considering so you can request a quote on board.

If you do book on board, you can specify a TA (I'm sure we will all designate Dreams Unlimited) to get credit for the cruise and that will also qualify you for any TA specific benefits.

Do we know for sure what night is Pirate night? I thought I saw some discussion about the DCL website having it wrong originally. Anyway, we are booked for Nassau night at 6:30.

Scott, Val & I are looking forward to seeing you and Pam on board and hearing about that last cruise.

Woot!!! \o/

Nice! :thumbsup2

So- I seem to be confused. :confused:
Can you confirm which night is Pirate Night, which night is semi-formal? I have only looked sporadically, but I seem to keep finding differing answers.

Tuesday June 26th is Pirate night and Nassau day. That's what is has been changed to. This is the usual combo.

Brenda

What's everyone wearing for pirate night? I have a costume I could use, but don't want to be the only one going all out and was curious.

Also, for those who don't have any lime green Mickey heads (the symbol used by DISers in the parks to easily identify one another), try printing this out:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/wayneg1/green20mickey20head.jpg

I'll be dressed up in full pirate gear. One less outfit to think about.
DD15 will be her own Angelica pirate version.
Byron don't know if he'll really participate since this is his first DCL cruise, but I'll try to get him to wear a white shirt and bandana.

Thanks for the mickey head link.

This first DCL cruise is overwhelming!

Take a deep breath. It will all come together once you board.

Brenda

We don't have much in the way of gear, but Kristine did get 4 pirate costume sets from the dollar store (fake mustache, eyepatch, and earring).

Does the dress code change for pirate night? I have an old Pirates of the Caribbean t-shirt, but the restaurant will still want collared shirts? . . .

A lot of people and kids wear pirate themed T-shirts on pirate night. No way will they ask you to leave unless the rest of your gear is 'inappropriate'.

Brenda

If any of you are considering a DVC purchase (new or add-on) there is usually a very good deal if you do it on board. In January they were offering a discounted cost per point (better than what was offered normally) plus a $500 gift card for those that purchased 160 points.

So do some homework first and be sure to attend the DVC presentation on board.

A future discount on Podcast 5.0 ???

I think....If you book a "dummy date" for a cruise you are able to switch your reservation when you pick the cruise you really want..we have ( my husband has I just nod my head and say sounds good ) done this several times :rotfl2:don't think there is a limit on how many times you can switch sail dates..anyone know that answer..
:confused3

Just settling in to beautiful Old Key West. A group of ducks and birds just showed up on our veranda looking for a hand out.

Beginning the process of packing. We leave Friday evening for two nights at BLT. Trying to convince the other half to head to MK after watching Wishes from TOWL, so far he's not interested, but I still have a few days of wrangling.

Can't wait to meet everyone.

Safe travels to everyone as you make your way to Orlando!

Beginning the process of packing. We leave Friday evening for two nights at BLT. Trying to convince the other half to head to MK after watching Wishes from TOWL, so far he's not interested, but I still have a few days of wrangling.

Can't wait to meet everyone.

Safe travels to everyone as you make your way to Orlando!

I'll be interested to hear how you enjoyed Wishes from there. We are staying at BLT 2 nights POST cruise!

:banana::banana:NEWS FLASH EVERYONE!!! :banana::banana:
Just heard that a University of Barcelona study has shown that drinking moderate amounts of red wine before hanging out in the sun on a tropical island :beach: provides protection from sun damage!!

Red wine for breakfast!! :cool2:

(OK, so they didn't actually mention the tropical island, but any sun exposure)

don't think there is a limit on how many times you can switch sail dates..anyone know that answer..
:confused3

So far I don't think so either.
I had booked a cruise in 2003 on board ship. It got switched annually until we used it August 2011.

Brenda

I'll be interested to hear how you enjoyed Wishes from there. We are staying at BLT 2 nights POST cruise!

:banana::banana:NEWS FLASH EVERYONE!!! :banana::banana:
Just heard that a University of Barcelona study has shown that drinking moderate amounts of red wine before hanging out in the sun on a tropical island :beach: provides protection from sun damage!!

Red wine for breakfast!! :cool2:

(OK, so they didn't actually mention the tropical island, but any sun exposure)

I heard about this on the radio today, Linda! :banana:

I survived the last few days, we are all packed and ready to go (I think). Head out tomorrow morning at 5:45am, will be loungng around Kidani Village later in the day. I'm pumped.

yesterday we got a lot packed, dresses and suit out and tried on again. we leave for the airport on friday about 230 am for an early flight, have work still the next 3 days, so we will have to put the final things in the bags thursday night/friday morning, then its off to bay lake tower for 2 nights!

I'm having lots of packing angst! There's nothing like vacation to make you realize what clothes your children do and don't have. Somehow my youngest has enough t-shirts for 5 children but only one pair of khaki pants. :confused3 :lmao:
Nothing trying to pack for myself and 3 kids (my husband just has to pack for himself - I have limits! :rotfl:) while getting through a busy week of work and their last day of school. And after a relatively cool spring we're going to have temperatures into the 90's this week. I think Friday night is going to be a long night of last minute laundry! :eek:
I'm so worried about forgetting stuff or not packing enough. I always reassure myself when packing for Disney trips that we're traveling to an English-speaking country where they accept American dollars. I'm sure that we can buy anything we need on the cruise ship (for a premium!) but it somehow feels different. :rolleyes1
Forgive my rambling! I'm super excited for the trip and can't wait! pirate:

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter