Plutosgirl day2

plutosothergirl

Earning My Ears
Well I woke up and Yep it was true we were at The Pink Palace.
It was eight Oclock we had all slept in and we didnt make it down to breakfast till about 8.45 then .There were loads of characters about so by the time we turned around to go to breakfast there was a hideous queue . We were warned to get to breakfast before nine because it got really busy and they were right . A room opposite castle club which served breakfast was opened up to "normal guests " to divert the queue .

Breakfast was good , much better than the Sequioa Lodge , but I have to admit it wasnt hot and when served on cold plates by the time we got to eat it was cold . However we did learn the earlier you got to breakfast the hotter it was .
Hot food Veal Sausage, Georgous creamy scrambled eggs, bacon, Beans , Chipped Potatoes, Hot American style Pancakes. Glass pots of ketchup and maple syrup
Fruit Melon Kiwi gratefruit orange apple grapes etc youghts apple dessert, . The usual cereals, different hams , salamis and cheeses , choc aux pains , danish , mini doughnuts, croissants, banana bread , sugar rolls , 3 different types rolls, 4 different types of bread. ohh loads and loads, Coffee, milk and tea brought to the table (again coffe not terribly hot had to ask for more) Milk and hot chocolate and I think 3 differnt types of juices.

Phew, well on the way out of breakfast more charcaters and also there are more about at 4 oclock . Inside the hotel during our stay I think we saw more characters than out at DLP (not including floats and queues) we saw . Mickey, Minnie, Pluto , Goofy , Penguin , Mr Smee, Chip and Dale, Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Baloo, Donald Duck, Flying Duck (sorry name has gone), Eeyore, Tigger and Gepetto

DSCF2174.jpg
DSCF2173.jpg

DSCF2170.jpg
DSCF2168.jpg
DSCF2351.jpg

Outside in the Disney Park I can honestly only remember Jessie wandering around and suzy and Perlua (sp) running to the main float gates by SSW.

Anyway I am very ashamed to say that despite EMH we made it out of lovely hotel at 11 that morning . The girls wanted to do pin trading at the shop and meet every character and it all took alot of time .
DSCF2137.jpg

DSCF2138.jpg

DSCF2141.jpg

DSCF2140.jpg

We headed for fantasyland and the lair of the dragon, who was in magnificent shape this morning. We did Snow White x 2 , Pinnochio x 2 , We were allowed to stay on on both of these Peter Pan x 4 (yeah VIP FPASS) and Small Small World x 2

DSCF2150.jpg

It was very cold again icy icy , so decided to try buzz for a warm up . Used VIP FP again lovely straight in .
Met"little Mermaid" ( Emma) and Kyra in the queue and had a quick chat , lovely to meet you both . and the kids wanted to do Buzz again . A different cast member was on the ride now and said no fast pass today . when i querried he said again no fast pass, I said we had just this minute come off doing a fast pass , he then let us through oh well . We decided to go a see the old |Lion King Stage and have a warm up and a coffee. The stage is closed off with big thick curtains but the cartoons are still showing . Got The girls two hot choc celebration mugs (better mugs than last year thin aluminium lining inside) which they used all hols and mickey brioche each , I had a small Choc and Rod had small coffee and chips £22 euros gulp.
All of a sudden now we are looking at one equals one eating is expensive . We were lucky as on all days we had good brekkies and took danish/ sugar rolls for breaktime and we lasted till dinner give or take the odd popcorn or sweetie. > Funnily alot of the snack /popcorn stalls werent open either , too cold for cast members to stand there I guess. But if you were hungry fast food meals were 10-15 euros . The kids meal deals are still the best value at 6 euros for a main course, dessert drink and toy.
We went to spook the spooks again
DSCF2164.jpg

DSCF2165.jpg

Keel boats and paddle steamer closed.

Orbitron Closed , Dumbo Closed , Alice Closed,
We did the caves very cold and a bit dangerous and slippery in places. Peter Pan again , Pinnochio and Carousel and then back for warm up at our hotel:hug:

Complimentary Hot choc neraly all gone mananged a few dregs lol

Georgies turn for dinner and she decided Sequioa Lodge . mainly coz she likes the play area there
It was very cold again we decided to head out about 5.30 and have few drinks there before a 7 oclock dinner reservation.
I love the Sequioa Lodge shop I think it is the best Disney Hotel Shop as it has the biggest selections of varied priced items:love:
DSCF2175.jpg

DSCF2176.jpg
DSCF2177.jpg

The shop windows were beautiful this year Aristocats and Dalamtions
We had a lovely relax , Rod had a few pints of guiness but not as many as he would have liked at 6.90 euros a piece . They dont serve the kids slush puppies anymore prefering to get parents to buy the expensive kids cocktails i guess . To expensive for our blood. Did notice in the shops that the sales were quite good. picked up some plastic beakers and 15 celebration pens for 1 euro each as gifts. Sweatshirts minnie , tink, mickey and tigger that had been 39 euro yesterday were 20 euro today .selected minnie plushies for 5 euro , others at 10 euro so bargins to be had .

Dinner at the Hunters grill was great probably one of my favourites that holiday lovely roast gammon and a great selection of salads and other hot dishes . We returned home to the hotel tired and happy about nine. The kids were exhausted and we tried for a 9oclock bedtime they were happy with. Sadly about 10.30/ 11.00 the room next door came to bed and felt at that time it was ok for their kids to be screaming at the tops of the voices and running around their rooms. But it only lasted for about 20 minutes. and we were soon all asleep.

PS MEANT TO MENTION
When we visited the park this morning wed 7th, the whole Candlebartion stage was fenced off. This really suprised us a we thought that the whole song and dance routine was meant to carry on til March. Fr:headache: om what we could make out this week the castle would be lit up but nothing else.
From reading other reports on other boards apparently Mickey and Minnie were in the Castle Balcony on Wed Eve. And someone else said that on Thurs the whole routine song and dance down from the castle was as normal. I would be interested to see how this was carried out as the stage was surrounded by high fencing what happened !!! Ah well we missed it whatever happened:confused3

Another great & busy day. Love the photos:goodvibes

Sounds like you had a full and very fun day. We were there the same time as you, and wasn't it freezing that day. We found the same as you, if you didn't get down to breakfast by 8.45 there were long queues. I loved the pancakes at breakfast too.:)

im loving your trip report. your kids are so cute!!! i agree it can get very expensive to eat. last time we ate hardly anything at breakfast. wont make that mistake again lol!! i really hope they still have some sort of show for candleabration. i only saw it once last time i was looking forward to that

More lovely photos. We had the same problem at the fastpass entrance for Buzz. We had decided to do it for our last ride before we left for the bus & we had some of the hotel fastpasses left, but they wouldn't let us in. We wouldn't have had time to go round on the normal queue because it was quite long, so I stood my ground because I had seen him let a few people through a few minutes previously & eventually he let us in! The sale was good, wasn't it? We got one of the big Minnie plushes for DD2 @ 10 euro & DD1 got a lovely Tinkerbell mug for 5 euro & she bought me a 15 year one because it said 'MOM' on the handle (also for 5 euro).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter