Pleasure Island with Children

lmmollohan

Earning My Ears
I want to go to Pleasure Island for the comedy club and to see the Adventurer's Club. We have three kids tho. and no sitter lined up and not sure if I want to get a sitter. I read that you can take children and that for some it was a lot of fun to Disco with your kids.

Has anyone ever done this and was it a good or a bad experience? I realize that the ideal would be to go without them but is it worth even considering to go with them. They are 7, 5 and 2 1/2 and very good about new experiences.

Thanks.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I would definately get a sitter. Pleasure Island is a very adult place. There is lots of drinking and adult behavior. It's not something I would want to expose my very young kids to. If you wouldn't take your kids to a bar with you at home, I wouldn't take them with you at Disney World. Have you looked into the Fairy Godmothers or something similar? If you can't get a sitter, I honestly wouldn't go. I don't think you would get to enjoy it much with three young kids along.

after a certain time, kids arent aloud inside. And you have to be 18 to get into most of the clubs, some 21 if they sell alcohol.

No - PI is for Adults. I highly suggest you get a sitter or wait for another trip. I have seen parents with 10 - 15yos at AC be embarrased by the performers who point out the children at the "bars". They have to tone down the comedy to accomodate any children present - changing the show, IMHO not fair to the other patrons. The atmosphere is not child friendly, bars on every corner, most of the clubs are VERY smoky.

TJ

Besides what the others posted about "adult activity", Adventurer's Club and the Comedy Club would be very boring for most 2 1/2 yr old and 5 yr olds (and probably most 7 yr olds too).

Thanks for the quick replies....I would definetly not take them to a bar at home so I will not do it at Disney either. I had read somewhere that it can be fun with kids but it does not sound like it would be much fun for any of us.

I guess I will look into the sitter or forgo it this trip. Thanks for the honest responses.

Lisa

Just when you were convinced not to go, I will tell you about our experiences. You can then judge whether or not you want to go. Remember, all the Deluxe hotels do have child care centers where you can take your kids. Our kids have loved it there.

But back to PI with kids. We have been taking our kids there since they were 3 and 4 1/2 and we have had a great time. Our favorite (and our kids are real troupers) is to be the first in line for the 12:05 Comedy Warehouse Show. You need to arrive about an hour to 1 1/2 hours before the show. But starting around 11:30 you have a great view of the Nightly New Year's Eve Countdown. Then by being first in line you have front row seats and a better chance of being asked for a suggestion. One time my DD (8 at the time) was brought up on stage to be a part of a skit. Another time, they sang a song about my DS. The kids loved it! These are among our favorite memories.

As for taking kids to a bar, we happen to spend our summers at a very family oriented Camp and on the weekends our kids do hang around the Camp Bar until curfew is called. We have always told our kids that what happens at Camp is not always what real life is about. Yes, they have seen things that other children their age may not experience, but it does not affect their behavior because they know what our expectations are of them.

That's my opinion, you have to decide for yourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter