Please tell me not to have a hissy fit!!

Andrea73

DIS Veteran
We are going on our 1st Disney trip, it's really our 1st real family vacation. My family lives in FL and my brother and SIL have decided that they want to come down for a couple of days during our trip. :eek: Don't get me wrong, I love my brother and I adore my SIL, but I made tons of ADR's for 4, and now they will need to be changed to 6 for the days they are with us, if they decide to come.

I just wish they would make up their mind before it's too late. I am not mad that they want to come. I am irritated that they have not made a solid decision regarding if they are coming and what days so that I can take action to make sure our ADR's are changed to accommodate them.

I have had 3 bad dreams about this trip already. The latest was last night when I realized I forgot to print my GAD vouchers and was trying to get to a Staples at 7am so I could print them and still make rope drop. I am honestly losing my mind.

You sound perfectly normal to me :lmao:

Quite honestly, I would just keep the ADRs for 4. If you are able to add them on to any of them, great, but if not, they can meet up with you after your meal. I explained to DD's father last month (and in January and February :rolleyes1) about the importance of ADRs. He has still not said IF he is going to meet us there for a few days, never mind when or how long .... It was clear from the start that this was important to me. Same goes for you. I know it sounds harsh, but if you tell someone they need to respond to an invitation for example, for catering purposes by a certain date and they dont it may not be possible to accommodate them. Of course if you can add them to any existing ressies, that would be great, but I would not reshuffle my ADRs.

I would keep yours and then offer to email them the dining website so they can make theirs. Give them a list of where you will be eating and at what time so they can try to coordinate if they want to. I don't think people realize how hard reservations are to get these days.

You may want to consider trying to up your ADRs to 6 now if they're available. It's always easier showing up with less people then trying to add more. However, if you can't add 2 to some of them, leave those at 4 but bump up the ones you can (IMHO). I'm in the same boat with my Dad. :grouphug:He lives about an hour away from Disney and we're trying to plan our trip. I have a little more time before I make my ADRs but some of them require payment upfront. I'd rather know about them before booking those...Good luck :banana:

Having done mulitiple Disney vacations with extended family, I can tell you that not having your meals all together could be a very good thing.

Keep your meal reservations as they are. If they decide to go, they can call and make their own reservations for a party of 2 at the same places you are going or to the places they prefer.

my advice would be to try and get bro/sil adrs for the same places at similar times... if possible, when you check in (if they're there), just tell the cm that you'd like to sit together if possible... and if impossible, that's okay too ;)

but, of course, be sure to cancel those adrs if they opt not to join you after all...

I wouldn't worry about changing your reservations. If they want to go to the same place as you, let them call and add to your reservation or make their own. You can only control your magical experience and your family's. Not their's. Enjoy your trip!!

Thanks, you are right. I will let them to the legwork. I have done enough. On the days I "think" they may come we have a 1900 Park Dinner, late CP breakfast and HDDR. I have a feeling they are going to balk at the price of HDD. But if they don't want to go, they can do something else.

Thanks, you are right. I will let them to the legwork. I have done enough. On the days I "think" they may come we have a 1900 Park Dinner, late CP breakfast and HDDR. I have a feeling they are going to balk at the price of HDD. But if they don't want to go, they can do something else.

the least expensive buffet on property is right next door (Trail's End)... they can dine there while you're enjoyin' the show...

I feel your pain! My in-laws just decided a few days ago to join us. My DH and I don't do a whole lot of TS but decided to on this trip because we will be bringing our six month old. We figured it will make us slow down a bit, which is a good thing. Anyhow, I made ARD's at the places that I had always wanted to try and now i'll have to cancel them :(

I am happy to have the in-laws join us on my sons first trip though!!!! So it's not allllll that bad!:)

I agree with PP that it may be better not to have ALL of your dining at the same time. Fit them in one or two and let them have dinner for 2 a few nights. Don't stress yourself because they decided at the last minute. We are trying to have a Grand Gathering this year but some are taking their times. My SIL's family and my family are all booked including ADR's. The rest, well they have to get in where they can fit in. I love them dearly but my SIL and I are both planners. By the way, even the two of us don't have dinner together every night. Her children are 3, 5 and 14, my children are 9 and 15. The 14-year-old may eat with us whenever he'd like but the 3 and 5 year old want more character dining and may not fit our dining time schedule. Last year, we ate at Le Cellier together and it was very, very nice. That was the only time. This year, we want to meet for the 3 year olds 4th birthday but we haven't decided to change yet. Make sure you remember that this is YOUR vacation.

We are going on our 1st Disney trip, it's really our 1st real family vacation. My family lives in FL and my brother and SIL have decided that they want to come down for a couple of days during our trip. :eek: Don't get me wrong, I love my brother and I adore my SIL, but I made tons of ADR's for 4, and now they will need to be changed to 6 for the days they are with us, if they decide to come.

I just wish they would make up their mind before it's too late. I am not mad that they want to come. I am irritated that they have not made a solid decision regarding if they are coming and what days so that I can take action to make sure our ADR's are changed to accommodate them.

I have had 3 bad dreams about this trip already. The latest was last night when I realized I forgot to print my GAD vouchers and was trying to get to a Staples at 7am so I could print them and still make rope drop. I am honestly losing my mind.

I'm sorry. I'm going through the exact same thing my my DH's bro and his wife. I had to change my ADR's several times as well, and they keep insisting disney is for little kids, that their kids don't like it and they are "universal people".

I wish they weren't going at all, but DH convinced them to go. :sad2:

You sound like me on our last trip. Our niece thought she might join us too and that meant I would have to change nine days of ADR;s but she ended up not coming. I would love to show her disneyworld but I had wished she had told us sooner. haha

Been there! My mother-in-law had invited herself to join us during our last trip. I changed the ADRs from 6 to 7 and then she said she couldn't make it, so I changed them back to 6, then she said she could join us but only for a few days, and then she changed which days....ugggghhhhhh, people who haven't had to make Disney ADRs don't understand how stressful making changes can be. If she tries to invite herself on this next trip I'm going to flat out say, tough luck, make your own dining arrangements.

I only like to go on vacation with the three of us. I always feel if others go we have to agree with them on everything we plan to do. The point of vacation is to do what you want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter