• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please remove this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question is best asked at the day/time and at the restaurant at which one is fining because, if one is concerned about allergens, the concern is not only the meat or other substances being added to the grinder or mix, but also the seasoning and cooking process (e.g., most Worcestershire sauce contains anchovies. If that is an allergen for you, you need to be concerned about the sauce, not the grind). I have no idea, but one res ag Disney could be Additionally, the grind could easily differ a bit using Worchestire at their grill but another restaurant does not. Additionally, on a daily basis some (indeed all)recipes can change and, unless specific information is conveyed regarding ingredients. probably should be verified each time prior to consumption). Substitutions can and do happen.

The menus in the restaurant, and more particularly the staff, are the best sources for up-to-date data regarding what the restaurant is serving that day.

Last edited:
On one hand I don’t think it is unreasonable to want to know before arriving to avoid a situation where nothing on the menu works for you. Maybe the burger? Maybe this or that dish? Then you get there and find out none of those, and there’s just this one option that works but you don’t really enjoy it.

On the other hand menus and supplies are always changing, so they can only be certain about what’s getting served today. There’s just no way for them to guarantee 100% of a menu’s details for next week or a month from now. They may be fairly certain of 95% of it, but what happens when that 5% unknown is important you? Doesn’t really help if most of what they share ends up true, it all needs to be true. I think that’s why they’d rather have guests discuss it before a meal and nothing sooner. WDW tries very hard to simplify allergy selections. There’s only so much they can do.

It was the very first sentence. :confused3 "Has anyone confirmed the ingredients of WDW's burgers?"

So far, the question has not been answered.

This section of the Disboards used to have very active members with food restrictions. I hoped some of them were still active here.
Could only be confirmed for today as source could be different tomorrow. Even if you got an answer today I would check at dining place day of. And I have reflux and have to watch what I eat and work in food and beverage at a small park in Pa

Disney is extremely good about allergies. I was travelling with somebody with 2 food allergies. Well, one allergy and one sensitivity. Everywhere we went they either produced a book/sheet that listed all the ingredients in that specific food (and I do mean every single thing that goes into it as the list for even a simple food was 2 colums long as it contained every component, even the food kiosks at Epcot has these if requested) or they asked very specific questions and thoroughly answered. The servers at the sit down restaurants we were at were extremely thorough and if they weren't sure they checked into it further. They even went so far a to recommend us not share a dessert as the icing used had a coconut derifvative in it, even though my friend didn't even order the dessert. But it's probably best asked on site when you are ordering. As others have mentioned, recipes/suppliers etc. change all the time so asking before hand probably isn't practical.

If someone with a food allergy orders items off the allergen menu, then WDW has vetted those menu items, haven't they?
The items on the allergen menu have been vetted but an item may have been removed between today and yesterday, so today’s allergen menu is not necessarily exactly the same as yesterday or a week from now.

Could only be confirmed for today as source could be different tomorrow. Even if you got an answer today I would check at dining place day of. And I have reflux and have to watch what I eat and work in food and beverage at a small park in Pa
Huh?
A cow is a cow is a cow.

Last edited:
So you think their burgers are beef one day, and not-beef other days?
Not sure why you are being so aggressive with everybody about this. Not one person has said what you are implying. Most have been trying to explain why WDW avoids making statements outside today’s food options.

The smart thing to do is ask people there right now to ask what exactly is in a given burger. Still, that is no guarantee it will be the same exact burger they’ll be serving when you arrive.

Do they let the customer/student know there’s mushrooms? I’m highly allergic to mushrooms and it honestly would never occur to me to ask if there were any ‘shrooms in the burger meat…
I'm allergic to mushrooms (certain varieties but to make it easier, just have "mushrooms" as one of my allergens). I've always been informed if there are mushrooms in certain dishes when placing my order. I'm also vegetarian so mushrooms are quite common in dishes that I'd order. Generally, if that's the only vegetarian option, a chef comes out and many times will make me something "off-menu" that I can eat.

Just to note, there are some non-disney owned restaurants on property that are not great at disclosing and/or accommodating allergies. City Works is one place I'd never return to. Besides having a mushroom allergy, I have a severe shellfish allergy. I've been vegetarian my whole life and have never actually eaten shellfish. My allergy occurs with cross-contamination. I was told at City Works, after ASKING about cross contimamtion with their oil and was told I couldn't have fries with my burger because they cross contaminate frying shrimp in the same oil. The manager was less than helpful.

I think if knowing you have a certain allergy, it is up to you to ask. And if one is very concerned about "hidden" ingredients, then maybe bring your own food in, as mentioned previously. My feeling is that I appreciate places that can accommodate my food restrictions, but I knowingly accept the risk that there could be cross-contamination/exposure to my allergy.

I think folks are trying to be helpful.
The good news is you can discuss your specific allergy needs with the chef after arrival. Disney really does work hard to be allergy friendly.
The thread has veered off a bit over what I thought was a fairly simple and specific question.

We've visited WDW many times, talked to many chefs, and ordered off the allergen menu many times, so we are very familiar with the process. (I have even posted in this forum about our experiences many times over.)

We just have never thought to ask this specific question, because it would not have occurred to me that WDW's burgers were not all-beef patties. On our next visit we'll ask more detailed questions, and if we learn anything helpful, I'll try to share that information.

We just have never thought to ask this specific question, because it would not have occurred to me that WDW's burgers were not all-beef patties.
I think it depends on the menu (anywhere - WDW or elsewhere). If the burger description says something like special, artisanal, house, homemade, blend, signature, flavorful, custom, etc. then I probably assume something more than just a basic hamburger. If it’s a QS/fastfood type place then I’m more likely to assume a pre-made beef Patty if not otherwise noted with a description.

Huh?
A cow is a cow is a cow.
You're saying WDW's might be all-beef one day, but not the next?
depends on what supplier brings so yes it could be. I say this based on what happens at the small park I work at. supplier is out of what you usually order and subs something else instead of bringing nothing. bringing nothing could mean no burgers at all until next order arrives which would be worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter