Please help me plan my weekend trip to DL

Pooh_Friend#1

<font color=blue>Check out my year round tan!</fon
I haven't gone to DL in over 15 years, but have the chance to go for a weekend in November. I don't even know where to begin, what to book, what to see. Of course I have never been to California Adventure. I need some serious help, anyone willing to help me out and give me some advice and pointers? Unfortunately I will not be able to stay on property but will be close. I just got back from a lifetime trip of WDW and DCL, but now DL in a month.....I am so excited!!!

A few tips:

1. Spend Saturday mainly at DCA and Sunday at DL. DCA is NEVER as crowded as DL so visiting on a Sat. is better.

2. Since you last went some new great rides have been built. Check out Indiana Jones, Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, and Haunted Mansion Holiday because those are relatively new and are unique to DL. The Buzz Lightyear at DL is supposed to be better (I will see next summer) so definitely ride that too.

3. Since you just got back from WDW I hope you are familiar w/ the FP system. Use it on major rides such as Space, Splash, and Indiana Jones. At DCA use it on California Screamin, Soarin over California and Grizzly River Rapids.

4. California Adventure is a very strange park. The first half of the park is true Disney quality with the original Soarin, Grizzly River Rapids, ToT, the new Monster's Inc. ride, and a great kiddy area. The back half of the park is quite tacky with a few unique rides. Many of the ride on Paradise Pier are basic carnival rides that run a short cycle. California Screamin and Sun Wheel are unique and worth checking out.

5. Touring each of the parks efficiently can be the make or break of the day. If you're travelign with little ones, start with Fantasyland. Here there are 4-5 rides that MK does not have. Then tour Tomorrowland, Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country, and Frontierland respectively.

6. In DCA start by getting FPs for Soarin and GRR(disconnected) and then tour Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Go back to the two FP attractions and then see Paradise Pier or A Bug's Land.

7. Rides taht will have minimal waits even during the peak of the day:
DL-Winnie the Pooh, HISTA, PotC, Snow White, Pinocchio, Casey Jr., Buzz and BTMRR (20-30)
DCA-ITtbaB, MuppetVIsion, Golden Zephyr, ToT (20 maybe because it's in a remote section of the park)

8. Have a great time.

Wow, thank you so much. You have been such a great help, that is the type of advice I really need. We will not have any kids, just 2 adults.

Do they have hopper passes between DCA and DL like they do at WDW?

The only multi-day tickets DL sells are hoppers. As opposed to WDW it only takes about 2 minutes to park hop and/or get to Downtown Disney. The two parks and shopping area are separated by a big plaza.

DLR29 gave you some great advice. One thing I would add...on Saturday, go over to Disneyland in the evening to see the fireworks and Fantasmic! - during the off-season the fireworks are generally only shown on Friday and Saturday nights, and Fantasmic! on Saturday and Sunday nights. You said your trip was in November...November 4 will be the last night for the 50th anniversary fireworks show "Remember...there's magic in the stars". After that, the "Believe in Holiday Magic" show will start on November 10 and run through the holiday season.

I will be going the weekend of November 11th and 12th.

That would be great if I could see fantasmic on Saturday night since I missed it at WDW, but I am not sure if I can park hop. I have a friend whose sister works there and will be signing us in.

Definitely on my list to ride is:
Indiana Jones
PoTC
Haunted Mansion
ToT
Califoria Screamin
Monsters Inc ride (didn't even know they had this!!!)
The more I think about it, the more I want to ride, so I guess I will stop with the list!!

How are the crowds in Nov?

Re: Park hopping - it's been several years, but when I went with someone who was "passed into" the park by a CM, she received a ticket at the turnstiles that allowed her to parkhop - she needed to get a handstamp when we left the park, though. I know there are some CMs on these boards, so hope they can clarify that for you!

There SHOULD be two Fantasmic! shows on Saturday, so you can see the fireworks at 9:25 and then see the second F! show at 10:30.

ScooterL said:
Re: Park hopping - it's been several years, but when I went with someone who was "passed into" the park by a CM, she received a ticket at the turnstiles that allowed her to parkhop - she needed to get a handstamp when we left the park, though. I know there are some CMs on these boards, so hope they can clarify that for you!

There SHOULD be two Fantasmic! shows on Saturday, so you can see the fireworks at 9:25 and then see the second F! show at 10:30.
Thanks that would help me out a lot. I didn't know DL stayed open that late so I am excited...more time in the parks!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter