Please don't laugh...

Happy Girl

Earning My Ears
first trip to Disney and I would really like to have an autograph from Mickey Mouse from my scrapbook. Yes, I know that I'm an adult...

What's to laugh at? You can easily get Mickey's autograph at a character breakfast. That's nothing considering that DW and I are planning on standing in line at Ariel's Grotto for 1/2 hour in May because that is the only place to get Ariel's autograph.

-DH

I wouldn't worry about trying to get Mickey's autograph! Just do it! I say in Disney, we're all six years old. I sat at my table at Chef Mickey's and colored a picture a few years ago. In big letters, I wrote, "Karen-Age 29" and hung it in my window. Got lots of laughs from passersby throughout the week.

Karen

I don't have any autographs but I have lots of pictures with characters. I stand in line along with all the other "kids"

when i was there i didn't just get Mickeys autograph. . . . i bought an autograph book and queued up for everybodies!!!! I was 26!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Mention this to one of the people as you check into your room. I wouldn't doubt that they might just surprise you with an autographed photo of the main mouse himself.
I was staying at Pop Century last month with my sister as a kind of remembrance trip of my dad who loved to go to WDW. I mentioned this to the check in person and when I got to my room later that day I had 3 balloons, some little toys in a bag, and an autographed photo of Mickey wishing me a great trip and fond memories of my dad. It was the sweetest thing. I made sure to fill out a card for that CM.
another year I told the CM at BCV that it was my neice and nephew's first trip to WDW. They had a photo waiting for them on their beds that night, autographed by Mickey and Minnie.
If that doesn't work, get yourself over to Chef Mickey's. I have also encountered Mickey and Minnie behind the castle in Fantasyland near Cimderella's fountain.
good luck. Peggie

I have a photo card signed by all the classic characters from a stay at POR after an accident, and a card from the Mouse when I was ill during a stay at WL.

Also got a card signed by the CM's at Great Movie Ride (it was a birthday card although it wasn't my birthday........!)

You just gave me a great idea for my Disney scrapbook! I am 30 and I think I might get an autograph book to add to my pages of my scrapbook!!:earsboy:

I'm 24 and have one autograph book completely filled and am working on another! I *try* just getting ones I don't have...but who can resist.

A Really great place to get Mickey, Miney, Goofy...um...Donald, Cinderella, her mice...can't remember who else. In Toon Town they have the "circus tent". It's a store but inside on the right side is an area where you can go back and see all of them. They bring JUST you and your family into the room and you get about 5 min or so to take pictures and get autographs. I've only done that once, but when we did it there was NO line.

On one trip to WDW, I was determined to get the "World Passport" stamped and signed at each country in Epcot. I still have that passport and it brings back fond memories.

When I was 42, and on my first ever trip to WDW, I got Eeyore to autograph my camera bag. The last trip, at age 46, I got photos with 40 characters, some standing in line, some chance encounters in the parks, two character meals... They are great photos to share my trip with my neices! I think that my next trip I will follow your lead and get autographs!

I never had much interest in getting autographs. I can relate to this, though.

My first trip to Disney was when I was 40 years old. We don't have any children. At first I didn't want to do a character breakfast, but I canged my mind. I'm glad that I changed my mind because I found the character breakfast to be charming.

....And then...Tigger approached me. Out of nowhere I just blurted out " Tigger - you're my very favorite ! "

I tell you - I was so thrilled I nearly cried !

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

My first DW trip was when I was 35, I stood in line with my Aunts and all the other 'kids' in Magic Kingdom. Mickey signed my sneaker....I am now 44 and I still have the sneakers in my closet..I had such a great time. Every time I go I get something signed and a picture with Mickey....the first time I felt a little strange, being the 'big' kid (I'm 4'10"). Now I can't wait til I am the oldest 'big' kid standing in line!

Have a GREAT time!!!!!

Mickey is never a problem, Donald on the other hand is the one I always seem to have a problem with.

My wife and I do the Picture on one side and an Autograph on the other side. Disney seems to have caught on to peoples different wants in autographs and on a trip to Disneyland we found this type of autograph book that we use.

My wife is now having them sign baseballs, she works for a MLB team.
BTW if we get too much more Disney stuff, I will have to build a wing on the house. LOL.

Heck, stand in line, get the autograph, and offer to take picture for other families in line so the parents can get in the picture too! They'll offer the same, if you'd also like a picture of yourself with Mickey!

Remember, growing old is required. Growing up is optional!

About the only time I let <I>anyone</I> photograph me is with the characters! ;) I do a lot of character dining.

I have a <I>Pal Mickey</I> who is always with me at the parks. I bought him a WDW autograph book, and he now has about 35+ different character autographs. Since I don't have kids, <I>Pal Mickey</I> adds to the fun of character interactions and I have photos of him with many of them. Mickey and Minnie particularly seem to enjoy it. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter