Please comment on our ADR plan...

Naisy68

DIS Veteran
Ok, Just so you know, it'll be my DH and I and our beautiful DD(5) who happens to be a pretty picky eater. We are going next month and have the "free" DDP included in our package of 7 nights MYW w/ hopper.
Arrival day - We arrive at MCO about 3:30pm and I am not sure how long it will take us to get to POR and to our room etc. but we are planning to take a boat to DD to have what will probably be a late dinner so I didn't make any reservations.
Day 1 -- MK --
Crystal Palace breakfast buffet/brunch for us probably - CP is a tradition
for us but we usually do it as lunch. We thought we'd try the breakfast.
(3 TS credits)
4:40pm - 1900 Park Fare -dinner (3 TS credits)

Day 2 --AK --
Breakfast in room early before we leave
Lunch - Quick Service at AK (suggestions wanted) (3 QS credits)
Dinner - We have ADRs for the Spirit of Aloha dinner show - 8pm
(We have never been to Hawaii or the South Pacific but wanted
a taste of it.) (6 TS credits)

Day 3 --Sleep in and maybe eat breakfast in our room
Lunch - We are taking the boat to DD for lunch (3 QS credits)
and DD has an appointment at the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique at 2:10pm
for the small coach package.
Dinner - Princess Storybook Dinner at Askerush (sp?) 4:55pm
(3 TS credits)

Day 4 -- Sleep in -if we still need to
Brunch - O'hana's Character breakfast - 10:50am (3 TS credits)
Dinner - Something Quick service at Epcot's future world (3 QS credits)

Day 5 --MGM--
Breakfast in room before we leave
Lunch and Dinner - Quick Service (6 QS credits)

Day 6 --Our last full day at WDW
?? I'm letting my DH plan the day ??? What am I thinking?!
Breakfast in room
Lunch - Quick Service somewhere?! (3 QS credits)
Dinner - Chef Mickey's 5:40pm (3 TS credits)

Day 7 -- Our last morning :sad2: We are leaving it open for
last minute fun
Breakfast in room -
Lunch - Quick Service somewhere (3 QS credits)

You will notice that I have not included any snack credits. We will be using these at random when we feel the need for a snack. I think I have it figured that we are using our 21 table service credits and quick service credits throughout the week. If I have it figured correctly.

Please feel free to give me your suggestions/ideas/advice. On the days that we are not sleeping in, we are planning to go back to the resort for a nap. Just so you don't think we are going to be wearing ourselves out. My DH and I will need naps and even our little ball of energy might want one.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, Renee

I have a Dining Planner in Excel format that might help:
http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYM-Dining-Planner.xls

Naisy68 said:
Day 1 -- MK --
Crystal Palace breakfast buffet/brunch for us probably - CP is a tradition
for us but we usually do it as lunch. We thought we'd try the breakfast.
(3 TS credits)
4:40pm - 1900 Park Fare -dinner (3 TS credits)
My only concern for you is your two big buffet meals being too close together. 4:40 is pretty early to eat dinner!

Day 2 --AK --
Breakfast in room early before we leave
Lunch - Quick Service at AK (suggestions wanted) (3 QS credits)
Dinner - We have ADRs for the Spirit of Aloha dinner show - 8pm
(We have never been to Hawaii or the South Pacific but wanted
a taste of it.) (6 TS credits)

I like Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom. My 6-year old picky eater is also a vegetarian, so I'm picking her up something from Pizzafari which is nearby.

Day 3 --Sleep in and maybe eat breakfast in our room
Lunch - We are taking the boat to DD for lunch (3 QS credits)
and DD has an appointment at the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique at 2:10pm
for the small coach package.
Dinner - Princess Storybook Dinner at Askerush (sp?) 4:55pm
(3 TS credits)

People really like the Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck's Express. Your princess will LOVE the Storybook dinner!

Day 4 -- Sleep in -if we still need to
Brunch - O'hana's Character breakfast - 10:50am (3 TS credits)
Dinner - Something Quick service at Epcot's future world (3 QS credits)

I think the Sunshine Seasons (http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_ssff.htm) over in The Land has the best food in Future World. Yum! My family also likes the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco and the Yakitori House in Japan.

Day 5 --MGM--
Breakfast in room before we leave
Lunch and Dinner - Quick Service (6 QS credits)

IMO, there is no good quick service at MGM :(. We usually end up at Backlot Express.

Day 6 --Our last full day at WDW
?? I'm letting my DH plan the day ??? What am I thinking?!
Breakfast in room
Lunch - Quick Service somewhere?! (3 QS credits)
Dinner - Chef Mickey's 5:40pm (3 TS credits)
Will you be at the Magic Kingdom? We like Columbia Harbor House, Pinocchio's Haus and Cosmic Rays.

Day 7 -- Our last morning We are leaving it open for
last minute fun
Breakfast in room -
Lunch - Quick Service somewhere (3 QS credits)

:) Enjoy!

Day 1 MK-I agree about the buffets being close together this day. I wouldn't even recommend a breakfast buffet (next day) following a dinner buffet for that matter. We learned that from our last trip. Or maybe I just eat too much..... hmmm... :teeth:

Day 5 MGM- You could always get a turkey leg, chips and a drink from Toluca Turkey Co. for your CS. Only thing is it doesn't come with a dessert. Not sure why. :confused3 I haven't tried them yet, but I hear they are the best!

One other thing to consider is using your snack credits for breakfast at the parks, that way you don't have to always eat the same thing or always eat in the room. This link here tells you what you can use your snack credits on in the parks and hotels.

[QUOTE...

My only concern for you is your two big buffet meals being too close together. 4:40 is pretty early to eat dinner!
[/QUOTE]

I have played around with these times a couple of different times. That is the earliest breakfast they have at CP and the latest they have available at 1900.
My DH and I are seriously considering eliminating Crystal Palace because we have done CP before but it's sort of become a tradition. I am not sure we can give it up. My DD will love 1900 because she is kind of a Princess girl. We just aren't sure what to do!!
I would love some more ideas on how to fix this!

Wha about doing 1900 Park Faire on Day 0 when you arrive instead of DTD? You should be able to make a 7:00 AR if your plane gets in at 3:30.

robinb said:
Wha about doing 1900 Park Faire on Day 0 when you arrive instead of DTD? You should be able to make a 7:00 AR if your plane gets in at 3:30.

Great Idea! I did that and was able to change 1900 Park fare to our arrival day at 7:50pm. That should give us plenty of time to find Magical Express and get over to POR and get checked in. Maybe, if we time it correctly, we can watch Wishes from the dock at the Grand Floridian or something like that.

Great! I think you'll be happier with that plan. You can watch Wishes from the dock or from the balcony at Narcoossee's. Just make sure you're not blocking the view of someone in the restaurant. We were there 2 years ago for our anniversay. We had a great view of the castle with a great meal. About 5 minutes beore the fireworks two women parked their extra-large butts in front of our table on the balcony on other side of the glass. Our view was completely ruined and we couldn't even see Wishes. I knocked on the glass and made a "please move" motion with my hands but they ignored me and stood their ground. They also ruined the view of the family next to us who had dinner at Narcoossee's to be able to see Wishes from a distance because thier child was afraid of the fireworks up close. LOL, I guess I am still holding a grudge against those two!

robinb said:
Great! I think you'll be happier with that plan. You can watch Wishes from the dock or from the balcony at Narcoossee's. Just make sure you're not blocking the view of someone in the restaurant. We were there 2 years ago for our anniversay. We had a great view of the castle with a great meal. About 5 minutes beore the fireworks two women parked their extra-large butts in front of our table on the balcony on other side of the glass. Our view was completely ruined and we couldn't even see Wishes. I knocked on the glass and made a "please move" motion with my hands but they ignored me and stood their ground. They also ruined the view of the family next to us who had dinner at Narcoossee's to be able to see Wishes from a distance because thier child was afraid of the fireworks up close. LOL, I guess I am still holding a grudge against those two!

We will be extra careful not to block someone else's "paid for" view. Thanks for the heads-up on that problem. I really don't want to be part of someone's "big butt" story. LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter