"Planted" Rumors????

Heck if i worked there i would tell EVERY ONE that there is going to be a huge big new ride.

A CM who I knew personally once jokingly (or maybe not) told me the following:

There are three types of CM's, those who know nothing and admit it, those who know nothing but make up some things that sound logical, and those who know nothing, make up some things that sound logical, and turn out to be correct. Most guests don't care for the first one, consider the second an interesting and knowledgable person they like, and believed the third must be talking directly to Eisner.

In January 1996 JudySue and I were talking to a CM in City Hall, asking about what they were going to do for the 25th Anniversary. He told us they were going to paint the Castle pink and make it into a birthday cake. When we left we laughed, figuring he was an escapee from Jungle Cruise. Unfortunately, he was correct.:mad:

It seems everyone likes to tell stories and wanna be's about Disney! I find the bus drivers to be the most interesting and verbal!

CMs don't know anything ahead of the GP. All they have are the same rumours that we have. Some enjoy having fun with guests, while some actually try to figure out what will come soon.

Just because I can keep a secret doesn't mean I "don't know anything." Some CMs don't pay attention to memos, some aren't told, and some read, keep up on their facts and figures, speak with their managers and creative associates/friends. Bottom line: you can't categorize or discount everyone, especially when you yourself have no way of verifying that categorization.

Maybe this is one we should take a vote on. No, not whether CM's really know anything or not. But whether you prefer to have talkative CM's who provide rumors or predictions of additions or changes to WDW. The funny thing is I always remember, fondly, the ones who were talkative and filled us in on some upcoming changes or additons to WDW. It never really mattered whether they were making it up or actually knew. Personal view is that more of them should do it even if they don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter