Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

So I received my email today regarding Important Information for our upcoming stay at Caribbean Beach! Unfortunately, it was clearly a mass-mail fail on Disney's part; while the subject line and email header read Caribbean Beach, the body and all contents of the email were related to Disneyland's Grand Californian Hotel and the ongoing refurbishments there. I fwd'd this onto Guest Relations / WDW Communications - we'll see what comes of it. The saga continues..........
It was likely a copy and paste. Pretty much every email like that is the same with different locations.

So I received my email today regarding Important Information for our upcoming stay at Caribbean Beach! Unfortunately, it was clearly a mass-mail fail on Disney's part; while the subject line and email header read Caribbean Beach, the body and all contents of the email were related to Disneyland's Grand Californian Hotel and the ongoing refurbishments there. I fwd'd this onto Guest Relations / WDW Communications - we'll see what comes of it. The saga continues..........

I got the exact same thing today...

Me Too!! But Just recieved a corrected version.

Last edited:

UPDATE -- I received my corrected version this afternoon..... all good :thumbsup2

Hope they don't tear down Martinique in may. I was told they're considering putting me in there. Though come to think of it with how much I've called that's like the equivalent of spitting in food for them

someone say something ridiculous. I'm bored
Okay, I'll bite. With a gondola system and the removal of the Custom House, perhaps they could retheme this "new" resort as some type of Winter ski chalet. Fits more with a gondola and could fit some type of skyline of Germany if done right. I heard from the mouse that ran through my classroom earlier that he heard from another mouse that he heard from the Big Cheese that this is the new plan!

Okay, I'll bite. With a gondola system and the removal of the Custom House, perhaps they could retheme this "new" resort as some type of Winter ski chalet. Fits more with a gondola and could fit some type of skyline of Germany if done right. I heard from the mouse that ran through my classroom earlier that he heard from another mouse that he heard from the Big Cheese that this is the new plan!

Well, the "new" resort is definitely going to be "new" and not a part of CBR. So, the removal of the Custom House won't have anything to do with the build. CBR will remain CBR. However, with the Gondola system, I kinda wonder if they wouldn't make the new DVC resort have this tied into the theme, but if we're looking at the big picture (and this has already been said) GF, and Poly weren't themed after the monorail so why would this be different.

I'll bite too. Since it's going to stay CBR, can we just call the new DVC portion Montserrat so that when they finally over play their hand with all this DVC stuff we can just bury that half in ash and forget it is there? We can even pretend the new cable car system is taking people to the top of a volcano!

someone say something ridiculous. I'm bored

Disney plans on adding a gondola Illuminations dessert party. For $79.99 per person you get a couple of cupcakes at the new DVC and then you get to board a gondola that will stop just before the descent to the station near the Germany pavilion for fireworks viewing.

Disney plans on adding a gondola Illuminations dessert party. For $79.99 per person you get a couple of cupcakes at the new DVC and then you get to board a gondola that will stop just before the descent to the station near the Germany pavilion for fireworks viewing.

You've misquoted the price. It's $199 per person.

I heard they are going to theme the new resort to Star Wars - with the resort themed specifically to the Death Star. (They figure this is safe, since they are planning to put Death Stars in Episode 9, 10, 13, 15, 17 and 20.) Each room will be styled after the detention block cell, with no furniture except a metal bench and a probe droid to keep you company. Rooms are expecting to start at 18 points a night or $389 cash. Resort pool will be themed to the trash compactor, and will be kept well-stock with garbage and an animatronic arm that drags you under the water.

eek! :scared1:

Not that ridiculous. You're likely to get our thread shut down.
Well excuse me for being ridiculous :p
I heard they are going to theme the new resort to Star Wars - with the resort themed specifically to the Death Star. (They figure this is safe, since they are planning to put Death Stars in Episode 9, 10, 13, 15, 17 and 20.) Each room will be styled after the detention block cell, with no furniture except a metal bench and a probe droid to keep you company. Rooms are expecting to start at 18 points a night or $389 cash. Resort pool will be themed to the trash compactor, and will be kept well-stock with garbage and an animatronic arm that drags you under the water.
Wow, episode 20, that is ridiculous

I hear that adults will be offered at rum punch at check in, in keeping with Island tradition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter