Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

The overall distance isn't even comparable...Caribbean is the most sprawling property ever built (the entirety of Disneyland fits into the lake) and the service area behind Epcot isn't "small" either...

You have been back in the service area, right? I can only assume yes if your saying "just build a bridge" that's about 150 ft in length - at most.

I get that. I'm just saying they have already built a DVC Tower (like we are talking about at CBR) and a bridge for it long enough to span the obstacle-the road and the canal. And BLT didn't even need it.

Yes I am just saying to get over the road and canal. Indeed you would need to walk out of the Tower and over to the bridge-which would need a D Springs type of access on each side.

Not saying they are doing it, or even should. Just they could and kinda have. Not that they should build a bridge a mile long connecting all the CBR buildings.

Last edited:
They may very well try but the technology is a long way from the vision. Look at the uproar over removing the nighttime parade. I know it's not a game changer as far as people cancelling their trips but no fireworks might be a game changer. I know, as you say nothing will change unless people vote with their feet. However eliminating fireworks might create that.

Also to consider is that this project is probably ... 5 years or so out for completion, at the part in this application. That is a long time for technology to become more sophisticated. Now I love fireworks and would hate to see them go, but once they start actively working on Epcot I think the night show will change.

What uproar? Around here?

I've yet to see anyone cancel a trip, stay out of the magic kingdom, or change their free spending ways one damn bit...

It would be refreshing if I did...

I'm sure it hasn't had any impact. However, I will change my frequency and length of visits if fireworks are eliminated without a comparable replacement.

Also to consider is that this project is probably ... 5 years or so out for completion, at the part in this application. That is a long time for technology to become more sophisticated. Now I love fireworks and would hate to see them go, but once they start actively working on Epcot I think the night show will change.

Understood. However if you combine all of the sensorary aspects of fire works sound, brilliance, speed, etc...it's hard to imagine how this can be replaced.

Caribbean as currently built isn't worth anywhere close to what they are already charging...let alone an increase. They'd have to completely start from scratch to sell that...and then what about pop and AOA? Direct access for $100 a night? It won't work.

Since when are any of the rooms in all if WDW worth the prices they charge? Do I really need to try convincing you that prices are inflated on hotel rooms or everything else in WDW? ... and no one is talking about building a DVC in one of the value resorts and they aren't a stones throw from Epcot. Better access to Epcot and the BW area as well as DHS is something that would make CBR more attractive to a lot of people making rates a lot higher than they are now. Whether they are "worth it" or not doesn't figure into the pricing model (you taught me that). :love1:

Understood. However if you combine all of the sensorary aspects of fire works sound, brilliance, speed, etc...it's hard to imagine how this can be replaced.

I agree with you ................ but who thought MK would have no night time parade?
I just don't think we know what will be happening 5 years from now.

I agree with you ................ but who thought MK would have no night time parade?

As we have seen, subtracting one thing seems to be a lot easier and quicker than adding a new thing.

Isn't the walk to the YC dock from BCV further than the walk directly to International Gateway?
I'd be lying if I said I knew. I'm thankfully young and healthy enough that none of the walks around there are difficult. We have typically walked from BCV to HS if we don't see a boat immediately on it's way, but taken the boat back. 3 stays at Boarwalk and only once have I taken the boat and that's only because I was with my sister who had never been to Disney and wanted a opportunity to ride all the modes of transportation.

I get that. I'm just saying they have already built a DVC Tower (like we are talking about at CBR) and a bridge for it long enough to span the obstacle-the road and the canal. And BLT didn't even need it.

Yes I am just saying to get over the road and canal. Indeed you would need to walk out of the Tower and over to the bridge-which would need a D Springs type of access on each side.

Not saying they are doing it, or even should. Just they could and kinda have. Not that they should build a bridge a mile long connecting all the CBR buildings.

Yes - the point of the bridge/canal/whatever - would be for DVC access. There's a reasonable chance they would allow CBR guests to use it as well - but they wouldn't necessarily make the access convenient for CBR guests - they would have to take a bus/walk to the DVC area to use it. It would be fairly simple to restrict access to resort guests only with the current MB system - you need to swipe your band to show you are staying there.

Just saying that there's no way they can charge current DVC prices for a resort built at CBR with NO park access, but they can with park access.

Look at it one more way - they found a way to build and sell cabins at WL that are "Theme Park / Fireworks" view. (Yes, this DVC isn't open yet - but I can tell you already that some of the cabins that are being built are going to higher points because they have a "fireworks" view of MK.)

I gotta ask...when and where are you running into these booking issues? We rotate without much thought...

Every time I check for a standard view studio at boardwalk-- I rotate through also, but the standard view at boardwalk is the cheapest room available at a park access resort. They go fast.

Since when are any of the rooms in all if WDW worth the prices they charge? Do I really need to try convincing you that prices are inflated on hotel rooms or everything else in WDW? ... and no one is talking about building a DVC in one of the value resorts and they aren't a stones throw from Epcot. Better access to Epcot and the BW area as well as DHS is something that would make CBR more attractive to a lot of people making rates a lot higher than they are now. Whether they are "worth it" or not doesn't figure into the pricing model (you taught me that). :love1:

Not at all...but the moderates are the worst and have been for along time.

Just checked august through december...... spotty maybe 2 nights in a row max. They wanted 2 weeks. aint gonna happen.

2 weeks would be tough...but if you are diligent and are willing to look overnights when things tend to "shift around"...which would be in the morning in the U.K...you can get a week or so.

Not during food and wine...that's just insanity. People mob that like it's "new"...when it's actually old and should be declining in popularity now.

Every time I check for a standard view studio at boardwalk-- I rotate through also, but the standard view at boardwalk is the cheapest room available at a park access resort. They go fast.
They do.

I think many DVC don't use the system properly though...they want to call up 5 months or so in advance and book their exact dates in an exact category with a happy smiling face saying "no problem" on the other end of the phone.

That ended long ago...once they sold the Saratoga dump of points you have to modify...be flexible, rotate around...stop treating it like a crappy myrtle beach timeshare...

Yes - the point of the bridge/canal/whatever - would be for DVC access. There's a reasonable chance they would allow CBR guests to use it as well - but they wouldn't necessarily make the access convenient for CBR guests - they would have to take a bus/walk to the DVC area to use it. It would be fairly simple to restrict access to resort guests only with the current MB system - you need to swipe your band to show you are staying there.

Just saying that there's no way they can charge current DVC prices for a resort built at CBR with NO park access, but they can with park access.

Look at it one more way - they found a way to build and sell cabins at WL that are "Theme Park / Fireworks" view. (Yes, this DVC isn't open yet - but I can tell you already that some of the cabins that are being built are going to higher points because they have a "fireworks" view of MK.)

A lot of the ideas here "sound reasonable"...but are a logistical impossibility.

Are we suggesting they can build a bridge to a park and put an electronic gate for timeshare when $225 a night rooms are literally 100 feet beyond...on the same propriety with a variation of the same name?

That won't fly. Trust me here because I know that the 2112 rooms of Caribbean house bout 5,000 tough, demanding customers each and every night.

Post two college programmers with a taser to fight them off?

I'm telling you...that won't work. You might as well strap roller skates and an acme rocket to your back.

They'll continue to cut...mostly to ty to bandaid the espn bleeding...as long as you keep going without any strings attached.

Enjoy the "wishes" dessert party ;)

I'd be lying if I said I knew. I'm thankfully young and healthy enough that none of the walks around there are difficult. We have typically walked from BCV to HS if we don't see a boat immediately on it's way, but taken the boat back. 3 stays at Boarwalk and only once have I taken the boat and that's only because I was with my sister who had never been to Disney and wanted a opportunity to ride all the modes of transportation.

That walk is probably pretty close...the last door of beach club is the closest point to a park from a hotel by far...and the yacht club boat dock is not real well positioned as far as convenient access to beach club

For those suggestion a non fireworks show would replace illuminations, it would be a poor choice to build a tower for fireworks views, I'd guess.

For me, if there is to be access, the question is what is the path of least resistance?

I think there is enough room to make a DVC structure it's own stand alone resort, not quite connected to CBR. My question is what do they do with the open spot across from Trinidad South?

I would think any sort of access change, would have the permits filed along with this permit, or at least a portion of it, as it would require some infrastructure. There is no boat dock, or train station it this permit. At best it can be a walkway or bridge, or existing transportation.

I think they go with existing transportation, that has a preferential component. Bus to the express transportation depot, which is by test track, right? It's a half mile bus ride one way. That is the easy button.

That walk is probably pretty close...the last door of beach club is the closest point to a park from a hotel by far...and the yacht club boat dock is not real well positioned as far as convenient access to beach club

One of the best things about Beach Club when we stayed there in 2015 is that even if your room isn't that close to Epcot, you can enter/exit the building through that corner that is maybe 500 feet from Epcot. In the heat/humidity/rain of August, it was nice that about 2/3rds of our trip to/from the park was in air conditioning.

This is partly why I suggest the possibility of an enclosed moving walkway. Sure you'd have to walk, but it would be in comfort. (I am presuming enclosed also means AC.)

One of the best things about Beach Club when we stayed there in 2015 is that even if your room isn't that close to Epcot, you can enter/exit the building through that corner that is maybe 500 feet from Epcot. In the heat/humidity/rain of August, it was nice that about 2/3rds of our trip to/from the park was in air conditioning.

This is partly why I suggest the possibility of an enclosed moving walkway. Sure you'd have to walk, but it would be in comfort. (I am presuming enclosed also means AC.)

If we're talking a theoretically walkway...it would have to be enclosed with climate and moving belts...but that makes its costly forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter