Planning a 4d/3n post China tour trip to HK - need help

myxdvz

DVC - BLT
In a little over a month, we are going to China for a 15 day trip. We planned to visit HK on our own for 4d/3n en route back to Chicago (PVG > HKG > ORD) and would like some help on planning this.

• We need to book a Shang Hai to HK trip. I saw some $30 flights before with China Eastern Air, but they're gone now. The one way fare is now about $145. I didn't book before because I was worried about hidden fees for our 50 pound check in luggage and most of these budget airlines have extra fees for checked in luggage.
  • Am planning to book the Room and 2-Day Ticket Package for 2 for 1 night at Disneyland, but my brother decided to join us so there's now 3 of us. What's the best way to book this? Do I still take the package and buy an extra ticket?
  • Our last 2 nights are at Hilton Condrad, any suggestions on what to do our last 2 days?
  • We are thinking about flying the night of 10/8 vs the morning of 10/9 to not lose our morning. But staying at Disneyland hotel for one night just to sleeps seems expensive. Thoughts?
  • Does HKDL have something like MNSSHP ? What are the normal park hours in October?

Congrats on having a trip in the works. I hope you have a great time.

I actually think that most of the Hong Kong CM I've spoken to on the phone when I've called direct have been exceedingly helpful. They seem to look for the best deal and pricing for you whilst you're on the phone with them. Have you thought about calling Disney HK to find out what they recommend with the extra person?

Whether you stay the one night at Disneyland or not comes down to what you want to do and budget. But if your brother is with you, it may be the best place to stay because the Disneyland rooms are large and will accommodate 4 adults per room. If your budget does allow for it, I would stay on site for the convenience and experience.

There is a lot to do in Hong Kong and it really depends on what you like to see and do. The standard tourist attractions are to head to the Victoria Peak, go see Chinese temples and go to the night/day street markets.
We enjoyed The Peak - by day and by night. I liked the Tian Tian Buddha; which is located on Lantau Island where Disneyland is. We liked the Ladies Market, the Jade Market and Temple Street Market. Stanley Market was fun; but the pricing there was more expensive than at Ladies and Temple Street.

Enjoy your time!

Thanks PrincessInOz. I ended up just getting a room for 1 night at Disney's Hollywood Hotel. And getting the Combo ticket for Disneyland AND Hongkong Pass.

• Day 1: Take late night flight from Shanghai to HKG
  • Day 1: Stay at Marriott by airport that night
  • Day 2: Take cab to Disney's hotel in the morning before park opens. Check-in, leave bags with bell services. Go to Park
  • Day 2: Stay the night at the hotel
  • Day 3: Ngong Ping 360. In the afternoon, go back to Disney hotel to pick up luggage. Take cab to Hilton Conrad
  • Day 3: Check in Hilton Condrad. Do night markets/night tour, maybe Avenue of the Stars and the Symphony of Lights
  • Day 4: Morning Trip to the Peak
  • Day 4: Spend the rest of the day in the Harbour area. Visit Ladies Market. If we missed Symphony of light last night, try for this night (English version)
  • Day 5: Fly back to US.

Thoughts?

Thanks PrincessInOz. I ended up just getting a room for 1 night at Disney's Hollywood Hotel. And getting the Combo ticket for Disneyland AND Hongkong Pass.

• Day 1: Take late night flight from Shanghai to HKG
  • Day 1: Stay at Marriott by airport that night
  • Day 2: Take cab to Disney's hotel in the morning before park opens. Check-in, leave bags with bell services. Go to Park
  • Day 2: Stay the night at the hotel
  • Day 3: Ngong Ping 360. In the afternoon, go back to Disney hotel to pick up luggage. Take cab to Hilton Conrad
  • Day 3: Check in Hilton Condrad. Do night markets/night tour, maybe Avenue of the Stars and the Symphony of Lights
  • Day 4: Morning Trip to the Peak
  • Day 4: Spend the rest of the day in the Harbour area. Visit Ladies Market. If we missed Symphony of light last night, try for this night (English version)
  • Day 5: Fly back to US.

Thoughts?

The HK Pass would work well for you. :thumbsup2

Depending on what time you check in at the Hilton Conrad, your night market tour could work. Which markets are you going to go to?
The Symphony of Lights is one of those things everyone wants to see; but I thought it was one of those things that we could have easily missed.

With your kids, it may be wise to include a ride on the Star Ferry. It doesn't take a lot of time to cross and it does get you on a different form of transport.

No kids for this trip :)

Just me and my girl friend. My brother joins us in HK.

Then you'll have plenty of scope to explore and stay out late.

Shopping around Wan Chai/Times Square area - go to Sogo and have a look. It's huge! Jardine Crescent night market is in this area.

Central and the IFC buildings - more shopping and you can catch the Star Ferry across to Tsim Sha Tsui from here.

There is also the Lan Kwai Fong restaurant/bar area near Central/Mid Level escalators.

Most of the markets I liked were in the Yau Ma Tei/Jordan area.

If you go to Stanley Market, just remember to factor in the travel time. It will take you about 30 - 45 mins to get there (or a little longer if you're taking public transport).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter