Pixie Dust so very desperately and selfishly needed...

Camping Disney

<font color=FF99FF>Give me Disney World and a tent
Hello to all of my new and wonderful DIS family,

We are leaving for our "surprise of a lifetime" in a few short weeks.....and I just found out I am having an ankle fusion in 2 weeks.

We are booked for the 7 day Western on 2 August. I am now wondering what I will be allowed to participate in since I will be in a leg cast and completely non-ambulatory. Has anyone ever experienced this on the DCL?? Will I be allowed on the excursions I have booked? Our rooms are not handicap accessible and I have been informed that there are none available for this trip. I was also not really impressed with the CM at DCL regarding my questions for seating assignments and other possible arrangements that could be extended to me. Can anyone help answer my concerns??
I do have a manual w/c and being a nurse I do know that anything is doable. What I really, desperately need is some reassurance. I am sorry to be so selfish..I have planned this trip and kept it a secret for so long from my children. I am hoping some pixie dust and Disney Magic will come through.

Thanks to everyone!
Michele

I can't help you but I can send you lots of Pixie Dust for a safe operation and a speedy recovery. You will definitely be able to enjoy the shows at night everything else would have to be handicap accessible. What excursions did you book"?

Here's whatever Pixie Dust I can contribute******* Maybe you will be put in a verandah handicapped accessible room to make things easier! I'm sure with your attitude, things will still be fun, even if you can't do your excursions. Have fun and make the most of your family time. That's what really matters on vacation. Maybe Mickey will even tuck you in. The kids will really be surprised and will always remember what a good mom you are to not just cancel out on the vacation altogether!

I'm not sure what the procedures are, but on our cruise, I did see a young lady who was handicapped in a wheelchair. I saw her several times through out the cruise - dining rooms, shows, and even at the pool. I'm sure Disney will do their best to accomodate you.

When I had inquired about taking my handicapped godson on excursions they told me that the buses they use are not handicapped accessible so I wouldn't be able to take him on the excursions with us.

Hi Michele --

I too will send some pixie dust your way. More importantly, I'll whisper a few prayers for you--that your surgery will go well, that your recovery is speedy, and that your suprise vacation is enjoyable and relaxing.

There will be plenty to do, even in the w/c. If you can't do the excursions, simply enjoy the emptiness of the ship during your ports of call. Deck 4 (promenade deck) is WONDERFUL for that. Teak flooring, yellow boats overhead, sparkling railings, nice breeze, beautiful scenery, relaxing with a book--now that's my idea of a vacation!

There is a tendency to rush around on the ship... but there is much to be said for quiet relaxation and contemplation at a snail's pace.

And hey, if you miss the excursions, at least you'll have an excuse to go back!

with the CM that you talked to, call back until you get the right person or a supervisor who can answer your questions to your satisfaction. Hope everything goes well for you and your family, have a great trip.

Good morning ohioDisney.

Teak flooring, yellow boats overhead, sparkling railings, nice breeze, beautiful scenery, relaxing with a book--now that's my idea of a vacation!

Do you REALLY think Michele is gonna "buy" THAT???...

There is a tendency to rush around on the ship... but there is much to be said for quiet relaxation and contemplation at a snail's pace.

If that's the case, how come this paragraph is so much shorter than the "enjoy the emptiness of the ship" paragraph?...

Hi Michele.

What I really, desperately need is some reassurance.

I wasn't trying to make light of your situation. Just hoping to make you smile in the midst of an unfortunate circumstance. You will still have a fantastic time aboard ship with all that there is to experience.

Most of the shore excursions might not be available, but as far as I know a wheelchair never stopped anyone from SHOPPING! lol. Actually, Key West is a great port to simply wheel around. I also believe you could enjoy the Westerm Union Schooner day cruise. My son and I took that tour on our first cruise and thoroughly enjoyed it. If DCL won't accommodate you on this, reserve it directly with the operators of the schooner.

If you were planning on any of the many Stingray City tours, I'd imagine you could still go. Simply enjoy the thrill of it all from the deck of the boat.

Cozumel? No, Wild Tours ATV adventure is out. But you could always roll over (so to speak) to Carlos & Charlies and have a drink...

Wishing you an exceptionally terrific cruise.

Here's some pixie dust to help you along:

Hey Michele.... we're sending you pixie dust too***** and lots of (((hugs)))). Good luck with your operation, and I'm sure you'll be fine on vacation. DCL will come through, don't let that one CM get you down!! :sunny:

Jeanny :wave:

As I sit here wiping the tears from my eyes, I can't help but be thankful that there are so many wonderful and caring people in this world. I guess I did need some reassurance, and all of you have so generously given it to me.

I will keep each and everyone of you in my thoughts...all your kind words and hugs and pixie dust!!

Thank-you.......from the bottom of my heart.

Michele

More good wishes for your surgery and pixie dust too!!!
I'd would definitely call DCL back and speak to another CM.
Have a great time.

Hello!

And, extra... extra.... Pixie dust!!!

Just wanted to suggest that perhaps it would be a good idea to address this with DCL in writing... You could send it by email, while forwarding a hard copy in the mail. This way you are 100% sure that DCL is indeed 'informed' of your handicapped situation. I do hope that you find that they are much much more accomodating than you had imagined.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I also want to wish you the very best of cruises.

Please excuse my ignorance, but can your ankle fusion be postponed until after the cruise?

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter