Pixie Dust and My Mom

cbeeindisney

DIS Veteran
Yesterday was Mother’s Day, as you all know, and it was my 3rd one without my mom. It’s difficult but I felt like I had a harder time with it this go around. My husband and I recently booked at All Star Movies for a night since we’d be getting in early for a trip we have coming soon, we were debating upping it to a moderate but decided against it as it will only be the one night.

In the afternoon yesterday, on Mother’s Day no less, Disney guest services called me to offer me a complimentary upgrade to a moderate resort king room and it will be Port Orleans Riverside. My mom had gone to Disney 2 months before she died and she stayed right there at Port Orleans Riverside, from my recommendation when I stayed there a few years before on my honeymoon. I could be crazy but I know if my mom were to ever give me a sign, it would be through Disney, knowing how much I loved it and how it connected us.

One thing I’ve learned after losing my mom is, while I feel alone, I know there are many times that she’s with me. I need to be open to the signs, because they’re there. I choose to believe this was a little pixie dust from her, so keep looking for the signs because your loved ones are there with you still.

Yesterday was Mother’s Day, as you all know, and it was my 3rd one without my mom. It’s difficult but I felt like I had a harder time with it this go around. My husband and I recently booked at All Star Movies for a night since we’d be getting in early for a trip we have coming soon, we were debating upping it to a moderate but decided against it as it will only be the one night.

In the afternoon yesterday, on Mother’s Day no less, Disney guest services called me to offer me a complimentary upgrade to a moderate resort king room and it will be Port Orleans Riverside. My mom had gone to Disney 2 months before she died and she stayed right there at Port Orleans Riverside, from my recommendation when I stayed there a few years before on my honeymoon. I could be crazy but I know if my mom were to ever give me a sign, it would be through Disney, knowing how much I loved it and how it connected us.

One thing I’ve learned after losing my mom is, while I feel alone, I know there are many times that she’s with me. I need to be open to the signs, because they’re there. I choose to believe this was a little pixie dust from her, so keep looking for the signs because your loved ones are there with you still.
Mom is there, @cbeeindisney. I just know she is. You do also. :hug:'s Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter