Pirates of the Caribbean closed beginning 3/14

That’s a really long refurb for an indoor ride. There must be some substantial damage to the track that needs to be fixed. Well, at least Blue Bayou will be open so we’ll get a little of the charm when we’re there in June.

I did see a rumor today that Main Street Electrical Parade would probably be ready by the end of April. So missing out on one classic but getting another.

Man I am glad I saw this thread. We mare making our first trip to DL this summer and it appears it's opening our departure day. We may have to change up our plans now as this ride along with Haunted Mansion is the main reason we are going. We love the ones in WDW and want to experience the originals.

Hasn't Disney officially positioned it as re-opening "early summer"? If so, I would expect them to be shooting for Memorial Day, or sometime in June at the latest. If it were really July 1, I don't think they would set expectations of early summer.

Hasn't Disney officially positioned it as re-opening "early summer"? If so, I would expect them to be shooting for Memorial Day, or sometime in June at the latest. If it were really July 1, I don't think they would set expectations of early summer.
Depends on which calendar they're using - the school calendar or the actual calendar. Disney's announcements often (but not always) use the actual calendar - and July 1 is the second week of summer.

This is a bummer. It is one of my favorite rides. We will be there in early May. Pretty disappointed about this one. All this means to me is that I'll be planning another trip soon :)

A friend told me they heard May 20th, but I can't find any reference of this online. Has anyone else heard this?

Also, there is an article online saying they are reworking the queue to reduce the lines that spill out into NOS. This seems in line with the earlier comments about the trees too.

A friend told me they heard May 20th, but I can't find any reference of this online. Has anyone else heard this?
As far as the ride goes - someone said "mid-May" in this thread, but I am very skeptical about that. Pretty much every reported CM conversation in the last couple of weeks has said either June 30th or July 1st, which would match Disney's announcement of "early summer" (with "summer" starting on June 21st). I think it's possible/likely that Blue Bayou might reopen mid-May, but I have a feeling the ride will be longer.

Not out of the question that it might open earlier than June 30th, but it'd probably be safer to anticipate that date and then be happy if it opens early.

As far as the ride goes - someone said "mid-May" in this thread, but I am very skeptical about that. Pretty much every reported CM conversation in the last couple of weeks has said either June 30th or July 1st, which would match Disney's announcement of "early summer" (with "summer" starting on June 21st). I think it's possible/likely that Blue Bayou might reopen mid-May, but I have a feeling the ride will be longer.

Not out of the question that it might open earlier than June 30th, but it'd probably be safer to anticipate that date and then be happy if it opens early.
July 1 will be our last day at the parks.... PLEASE be that day, or preferrably earlier!!!

Man having that down, Toon town and Nemo and a breaking down Indy…..No much of a start to the great 50th summer is it?
Agreed on almost all counts, but that sentiment misses the awesomeness of having Fantasmic, the Main Street Electrical Parade, Disneyland Forever, and World of Color back. We will be June 11th - 15th, so I really hope Pirates is back. However, there is plenty to look forward to even if it isn't back by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter