Pin trading

3DisMunchkins

Mouseketeer
Just wondering what current pin trading is like. I’ve heard there are still a few spots. My daughter really enjoys trading at DL and this will be her first time trading at WDW. I know it will be limited but any advice to at least let her find some? Also we are staying at AOA...anything at the resort?
Thanks!
J

As far as I know, it's the same as when we were there in early September. There are a few spots around and you will see all available pins on a cork board with a number on them. You tell the cast member which one you'd like, and then you drop your pin to trade in a dish/bowl. The incoming pins are cleaned and sanitized after that.

It's not quite as "exciting" and certainly less personable, but it's an option and still available. Obviously trading among other people in the park is entirely up to you, but we asked that our kids ignore that option this last trip to encourage physical distancing. Also, the resorts had pin trading spots as well. Not sure if you're on site or not.

Have a safe and healthy trip!

Thanks! Good to know there are still some opportunities! Will just have fo keep an eye out! Also nice that they are trying to keep things safe!

I have been to DL once, and this seems similar to DL since the cast members are not wearing pin lanyards. It is only at shops or specific areas. I had the best luck at AK.

AK - boards at 1) the stroller area 2) just outside Windtraders shop, Pandora, 3) Africa as you start on the walkway to Asia 4) outside the shop at Expedition Everest, and I think one near Dinoland but I can not remember
EPCOT - only 1, but a good one at the photoshop to the right side of Spaceship Earth
DHS - At the front in the photo area. A very large board. This is just after entering on your left side
MK - various shops. These were all small, maybe 12 pins. Morimoto, Sir Mickey;s, Splash Mtn.

Animal Kingdom (yeah, it's a picture of a screenshot, but also has the description in the screenshot):

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter