"pin" offers that aren't really special offers?

Lees3rwe

DIS Veteran
I had booked for June 8-15th but didn't put my deposit down.
Today is the deadline for the deposit and I came home to one of those lovely Disney offers in my mailbox...

It is one of the "Game On" "offers"...

$148 for Value
$201 for Moderate
$333 for Delux

I called to see if this would give me anything off of what I had booked (with ZERO discounts) and he said, no, it's pretty much what you already have... even though it clearly has "Be sure to mention package code ***"

Should I call back and get someone else?
I was really hoping for free dining... maybe I should just let it cancel and see what happens.

Same thing here...was booking a sample package on their web site (hoping for a discount!), then a week or so later this nice color mailer arrives with a three digit "offer code"...when I called the "offer" was for rack rate on the room...some deal :-( I also got an e-mail with resort photos and the same "Offer code". this time I deleted it!

That is disappointing...
I think I am going to let mine just cancel and see if something comes along.

I am from NC too!

So you cant use them even after booking? I heard that you could change it and get the better offer up until the time of the trip?

So you cant use them even after booking? I heard that you could change it and get the better offer up until the time of the trip?

You can change your discount - but in the OP's case what she got was a package code... and the package she would have been switching to wouldn't have saved her anything.

OP - pkg code emails go out as well. It's marketing. Pins will be around 11 or 12 numbers and they will say 'pin code.' it's kind of like when you see those adds for $72 per night or $90 per night - marketing. Disappointing of course.

I wouldn't let your trip cancel if that's what you want. It's not going to effect you getting a pin. No one knows the magic formula for getting one. I wouldn't risk losing the room you want on the slim chance a pin comes. They're aren't as many going out as it seems when DISers post about getting them.

Ohhhh, alright. Thank you for the information. Like I said, this is my first trip to disneyworld, so it's taking awhile to figure things out.

Ohhhh, alright. Thank you for the information. Like I said, this is my first trip to disneyworld, so it's taking awhile to figure things out.

No worries! After you go the first time you'll be a pro. Lots of things are much easier to understand with in person experience :thumbsup2 Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter